Caffeine

Forum: Due Date Club of December 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Blue_Jar_Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of December 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is anyone else struggling to kick/cut back?

I will admit that I'm not doing too great. Coke and Mountain Dew are my choices, I'm not a coffee drinker. I am really bad about opening one, taking two sips and then leaving it. I don't think I have ever finished a whole coke. lol So I open 3 or 4 a day but I'm only drinking probably two. I would like to go ahead and get down to one a day for baby and because I will probably have gestational diabetes now and it's easier the sooner I stop since they make my numbers crazy high.

150-300mg is safe a day depending on who you ask and there are 34mg in a can of coke so I'm still well within the "safe" range at two cans a day but I would just like to go ahead and reduce if I can. It's just SO HARD. lol
Storm122 likes this.

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

April 17th, 2014, 07:58 PM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've cut out coffee for now but I will probably pick up some decaf this weekend just because I like the taste of coffee.

April 17th, 2014, 08:18 PM
socialworkmom2be's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been drinking a grande Valencia orange at Starbucks, which has about 60-80 mg. I've cut back a lot because I was a big diet coke drinker and I'm scared about the health issues baby can face from aspertame. I've been very thirsty so I drink about 100 oz of water

Oopsie Cycle - August 2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
TTC Cycle #1 - chemical pregnancy
TTC Cycle #2 - Chemical pregnancy
TTC Cycle #3 - RE consultation and blood work, normal HSG.
Cycle #4 - Planning on WTTC, but was surprised with a BFP 4/11/14. First beta on 4/15/14 @ 12 DPO= 154.2, beta on 4/17/14 @ 14 DPO was 459.1, beta on 4/23/14 @ 20 DPO = 6,195!

After 3 early losses I am cautiously expecting a Christmas miracle.

Our son, Roen Kitt, is due 12/21/2014!!!
April 17th, 2014, 08:42 PM
NaturalRadiance's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not really big on caffeine but the temptation is there at work. Only my boss knows I'm pregnant. Everyone else keeps offering me Starbucks and saying try out the new expresso machine or the new creamers. It smells so good but I turn it down. I did say yes to a grande double chocolate chip frapp the other day and my boss made me feel guilty. She instant messagesd me saying are you drinking caffibe?! I ended up throwing the rest of it away. It was so good though. I've been wanting another every since.
April 18th, 2014, 05:13 AM
Julz81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Julz81 Send a message via Yahoo to Julz81
I've really been trying to cut down on pop...I was a huge energy drink drinker so I cut those all out and only drink about 2 pops a day. Everywhere I read says under 200 of caffeine 9th OK so I'm try to keep it under 100-150.

BFP: 04/03/2014 EDD: 12/15/2014 HB: 04/30/14 (75bpm) MC: 5/2/2014 (natural)

April 18th, 2014, 06:03 AM
Storm122's Avatar Super Mommy
I am a Mountain Dew drinker too! Hate coffee. What helped me is buying the small cans. I think they are like 4 or 5 oz. because I do the same thing crack a can take a few super cold sips and am done. They come in a six pack. Cost a little more but definitely helped me kick it! Good luck!
April 18th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
I usually drink amp so that's a definite no no! I also drink diet Pepsi and cut that out. I had a cup of coffee today and that's it. I'm really trying to be good about it. Also I have had my occasional vinalla coke.

April 18th, 2014, 08:27 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
It hasn't been too hard for me yet. I'm getting some killer headaches from the cutting back, but other than that not too bad. I just switched out the afternoon coffee with juice and the evening coffee with non-caffeinated hot tea. It's funny to me since I don't drink coffee for the caffeine (thank you ADHD!!), I just like the taste, so it always boggles my mind that the caffeine still affects me enough to make the not having it give me headaches. lol
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
April 18th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've drank caffeine through all my pregnancies. Sweet tea and coke are one of the few things I don't throw up. My kids are all fine.
April 18th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Super Mommy
I'm trying to cut down at least a bit because I know I drink way too much pop a day. I've switched to sprite and water for the most part, but I still have one glass of coke/dr. pepper a day. Coffee I can't do, it makes me sick.

Expecting Baby Boy 12/14/14!

April 18th, 2014, 12:50 PM
i dont drink coffee but i love coke and tea... however i cant tolerate either right now due to the nausea... so no difficulty giving up either
April 18th, 2014, 12:54 PM
3turtles's Avatar Veteran
I hav ent had tea or coffee for 2 or 3 weeks now but did cave today and had an energy drink :/

Mummy to 2 superheroes..

And expecting a little princess!

April 19th, 2014, 03:56 PM
Veteran
I've never been much of a coke drinker, but I am trying to cut back a bit on the coffee. I'm only allowing one cup a day. If the exhaustion ever kicks in I'm going to be in trouble!
April 20th, 2014, 04:29 AM
Veteran
I drink one cup of tea a day - I've only caved in and gotten a white chocolate mocha once since I found out I was preggo! That's my weakness. Had a coke with dinner last night, but I'm not much of a soda drinker to begin with.
April 20th, 2014, 06:09 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Coffee is a problem ..... I have kept myself to 1 a day. I don't care for pop so that is ok.

April 20th, 2014, 09:08 AM
earthchilde's Avatar Open-Minded Pagan Lady
I don't really drink a lot of soda, but I used to drink a ton of coffee. I've been working on cutting it back to about a cup a day or less. but of course now i'm facing the fun side effect of caffine migraines.

April 20th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't give up caffeine because of pregnancy. I drank it through 6 of them. After #6 it started giving me bad panic attacks. I thought I was going to have to call an ambulance the one time because I was here alone with the kids and I was stuck in a tunnel almost and threw up etc. It was horrible I thought I was dieing. I also noticed that it was bad when I was in social situations where I didn't have an escape. IE: A movie or a school meeting one on one etc.
I dropped caffeine cold turkey except for what is in chocolate and decaf coffee, I feel much better now. I drink orange soda once in a while or white soda if my stomach isn't feeling too great. Both DH and I dropped about 10 lbs by not having it in the house too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search