Those of you with still little ones...

Forum: Due Date Club of December 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MommaTrish
  • 1 Post By palmetto_moon

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of December 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2014, 11:32 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
If you are still breastfeeding did your doctor say anything about it?

Mine asked if I had breastfed the other kids and when I said yes and mentioned how the youngest still did he said that it might be time to think about weaning. He said it's going to be hard enough during the second trimester making sure me and baby get enough vitamins and nutrients from the food, but it'll be even harder on me if I continue to nurse through it (since baby and milk will get them first). It sort of threw me for a loop because I know from many of my friends that him and his practice are all very pro-breastfeeding.
NaturalRadiance likes this.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
April 23rd, 2014, 04:03 PM
NaturalRadiance's Avatar Super Mommy
Very good question
April 23rd, 2014, 04:04 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay here is my story. I hope people don't jump on me because I really am a breastfeeding advocate and really love it.

So I got pregnant with baby #10 while I was still nursing baby #9. I continued nursing all the way through the pregnancy and it was great, my nipples were very sore during the pregnancy but the soreness went away upon delivery and I continued to tandem nurse for over a year. I got pregnant again while nursing both #9 and #10. I had a very early miscarriage. I got pregnant again and had another early miscarriage. My progesterone was low. Not sure if that was the only contributing factor or not. I weaned both kids at that time and got pregnant again with #11 who I carried to term just fine. Now, I'm not indicating at all that there is any scientific evidence at all to support the idea that the miscarriage was in any way nursing related or that the healthy pregnancy that followed was related to weaning or that the low progesterone was related to nursing...all that could just be circumstance...and I did carry #10 just fine and dandy all the while still nursing #9 and it was great and I highly recommend it. I did have a doctor friend though who thought it was a slight possibility that having nursed continually for over 18 months might have played a role...like I said, no science that I'm aware of backs it up...just a theory. But yes, I have nursed while pregnant and had a great experience and tandem nursing was a snap for me....and had many benefits in fact.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
April 23rd, 2014, 06:25 PM
Storm122's Avatar Super Mommy
I am still breastfeeding.through the research I found and what I have been advised to do is try and ween him before my milk changes. So I am going to be done by 15 weeks. I HATE being engorged so I am doing it slowly. But am having great success! I have a ton of freezer milk and am only nursing once a day now at night.I am not a good eater so for me to make sure I have enough calories for nursing alone is hard let alone being pregnant.
I Also think this will help once baby comes and the jealousy he will have towards him/her.
April 23rd, 2014, 07:10 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
See now the thing I loved about tandem nursing was that it really helped quell any jealousy issues because as long as the baby got to eat first, I could let the older baby nurse as well at the same time and she was totally happy. By then, the older baby was nursing more for comfort than anything else so she didn't mind if I let the newborn nurse on one breast, then switched the newborn to the other breast and let the older baby nurse the first breast. That sounds way more complicated than it was, LOL!
Storm122 likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
April 23rd, 2014, 08:42 PM
Super Mommy
I'm barely nursing. When I say barely I mean like only once at night. I slowed down drastically when she was 3 months. I really had no energy when I was EBF. I think I'll stop soon. I've got a plan of action for BF with this LO. I know where I went wrong with DD, so this bub will hopefully nurse longer. She's a good nurser but I had supply issues that I didn't work hard enough to correct.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search