Fears, feeling alone.

Forum: Due Date Club of December 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tbaby5

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of December 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Candy_Ann's Avatar Veteran
I'm really struggling tonight with miscarriage fears. I have never had one, just two healthy babies, thank God. I had a ultrasound done at hospital, the heartbeat looked good and strong but I'm still nervous.

I struggled with having my daughter and this little surprise just doesn't feel like it should be this easy. I had horrible sickness for so weeks but felt great today besides some light cramping.

Should I have fears, am I alone on this?
May 8th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Storm122's Avatar Super Mommy
Definitely not alone! I had an early u/s and am beyond stressed about miscarriage even after seeing and hearing the baby's heartbeat! I have had a miscarriage and never wish that on anyone. It was hard to deal with.
May 9th, 2014, 06:01 AM
Veteran
I was definitely in the same boat for the first little while! Just remember that after you see the heartbeat, risks of miscarriage go down dramatically. It's in there and it's growing!

Maybe try getting some light exercise (walking, easy bike riding...) I am a total basket case when I'm not moving, even when I'm not pregnant. Other then that, bring up your anxieties with your doctor at your next appointment. He/she will help calm your fears by telling you everything's ok.
May 9th, 2014, 06:28 AM
socialworkmom2be's Avatar Super Mommy
In the early days of pregnancy is uncertain, and fears are normal. If you look at my posts from 3 weeks ago you'll see every single one is about Miscarriage fears and doubt. What I did to help me was find pregnancy affirmations and whenever I had a negative thought about loss I would repeat it to myself over and over. I also felt better when I talked to a coworker about her pregnancy and I could talk about my pregnancy in terms of theend result- a beautiful baby, and it felt good because it felt more real and set in stone. I have good dYs and bad days, but just take it one day at a time

Oopsie Cycle - August 2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
TTC Cycle #1 - chemical pregnancy
TTC Cycle #2 - Chemical pregnancy
TTC Cycle #3 - RE consultation and blood work, normal HSG.
Cycle #4 - Planning on WTTC, but was surprised with a BFP 4/11/14. First beta on 4/15/14 @ 12 DPO= 154.2, beta on 4/17/14 @ 14 DPO was 459.1, beta on 4/23/14 @ 20 DPO = 6,195!

After 3 early losses I am cautiously expecting a Christmas miracle.

Our son, Roen Kitt, is due 12/21/2014!!!
May 9th, 2014, 07:24 AM
purp1988's Avatar First Time Mommy
Some days I feel perfectly fine and I get those worries to. I talk to my bf and we try to focus on the end result... a baby in our arms... and our plans to buy a house and how our baby and my brothers baby will grow up together. Keep positive and know that there are some of us just as worried... I haven't had an u/s just blood work and a 3 + pregnancy tests.
May 9th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Veteran
I am sorry you feel alone! ...and scared. It seems like every where you look there are happy pregnant women who don't seem to have a care in the world. I know that most (if not nearly all) of us worry about miscarriage at some point or another. It's almost like the one pregnancy symptom that's not talked about- The fear of miscarriage! I personally have had 10 pregnancies- 4 births, 5 m/c, and of course 1 on the way. It is scary! And unfortunately there's nothing you can do to save the life growing inside you, if it's not meant to be. Having said that, most pregnancies continue on to produce a happy healthy baby! These early weeks are the hardest and (to me) the scariest! You can't rub your belly and feel squirt bucket flip over. Our symptoms come and go, and it feels like one minute your sure everything's fine, and the next all is doomed! I'm surprised more of us don't have breakdowns during early pregnancy...seriously!
Please know that you aren't alone. Know that the odds of you continuing with this pregnancy are really quite high! We are all here for you, and WE DO know how you feel!
BTW, seeing the baby's HB is fantastic!!! And your odds of m/c do drop dramatically after you see that!
So don't worry, if you need to vent to us we welcome it! It helps to get these fears off your chest, and to hear from others who have experienced the same things. It makes me feel normal, and not quite so narotic!
Candy_Ann likes this.
May 9th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
I am having the same fears. I am petrified of loosing this baby. The four year anniversary of my loss is this Saturday and I had really hoped I would have seen the baby by then for peace of mind. It's very stressful and scary. I just have to hope for the best!

May 9th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is my first pregnancy and I'm constantly worrying about a miscarriage! You're not alone!
October 2013- SA revealed low motility--referred to RE
January 2014- DHs repeat SA came back "normal"! I was diagnosed with PCOS
February 2014- IUI #1 on Valentine's Day with 2 mature follicles- BFN
March 2014- BCP to clear up cysts
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167; Beta #2 @ 15 DPO- 384!

May 9th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Aeterna's Avatar Super Speshil
I worried about loss with all of mine, but that fear and anxiety is much worse after having lost my first son at the end of my pregnancy. There is no safe point for me. Whenever I do feel a sense of relief it is only temporary. There's no specific week where everything will be better or okay because I know happy endings don't always come even after getting into the second or third trimester.

However, I try to keep reminding myself that "Today, I'm pregnant." It's what a lot of bereaved mothers have to do in an attempt to stay optimistic.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search