Let's talk CRAVINGS and what they mean...

Forum: Due Date Club of December 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NaturalRadiance

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of December 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Veteran
Ok...so before I found out I was pregnant I became really hungry and just started PIGGING OUT on EVERYTHING!

When I found I'm pregnant, I started paying attention to WHAT I was hungry for.

Ok...so in the very beginning I wanted TONS of OJ...could drink it by the 1/2 gal a day. lol And I was loving milk and anything with chicken in it.

Then I went through this Mexican food kick. I wanted chicken quesadillas every day and I wanted chips and salsa and just anything Mexican really and was in love with spicy food.

Then I craved potatoes and chicken.

NOW...(7 wks tomorrow) the thought of eating Mexican food makes me queasy. The thought of greasy food makes me queasy and the thought of spicy food scares me. I've been real gassy and now morning sickness is hella kicking in. Not really wanting to drink anything besides ice cold water, ginger ale or sprite. Ugh!

Now it's pasta...any kind of pasta really.

So, what exactly is it that I'm lacking? Cause it means I need something, right? So, what is it?

Ok...that's me!
Now tell me about YOUR cravings!
May 9th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Veteran
Most of the time I crave what I think will not make me feel sick. lol So it's not that I am craving that specific thing, it's just the one thing that sounds ok to my sensitive belly.

Here are some things I've been eating...

Cereal
Milk
Yogurt
Bread (but crackers sound gross)
Grilled chicken sandwich (Steak 'N Shake lol)
Mixed nuts (but only the cashews, almonds and pecans lol)
Pickles (dill or sweet depending on my mood)
Potatoes (mashed, baked, fries, chips...doesn't matter)

Also...the smell of food cooking has been making me feel yucky. The thought of eating out (every meal!) sounds very good right now. I think I could eat almost anything if I didn't have to cook it. Too bad our checkbook doesn't agree with me. lol
We've been married almost 21 years and we're expecting baby #5!

The first 4 were planned by us, this one was planned by God.

dd (18), dd (14), ds (7), dd (14months)

Last edited by 5blessings; May 9th, 2014 at 08:38 AM.
May 9th, 2014, 08:48 AM
purp1988's Avatar First Time Mommy
I am craving fruit. Any kind of melon mostly. Other than that I stick to the foods that don't make my tummy turn. Like grilled cheese sandwiches. Soups. Oatmeal. Egg Sandwiches. I hate chicken now unless it's depfried chicken wings. And the only other meat I can eat is ground beef or bacon. But I cannot see or smell it raw! Oh yeah munching on crackers helps my tummy. I'm not really sure the meaning of any of my food habits lol
May 9th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Branduxa's Avatar Praying for #2
Spicy foods, especially buffalo hot wings. My favorite thing right now.

Trying to conceive since Aug 2010.
Irregular cycles, PCOS, and MF.
Suprise Pregnancy and Miscarriage Oct. 2011
Lots of natural cycles and 7 rounds of Clomid with no success
IUI #1-Feb 18th 2014
1st Beta: 8
2nd Beta: 0 Chemical Pregnancy
IUI #2-March 28th 2014
1st Beta 77 at 13dpiui
2nd Beta 570 at 17dpiui
3rd Beta 8508 at 24dpiui
Ultrasound April 29th 2014---One little peanut, growing right on schedule, heartbeat 128 bpm.
Due Date December 20, 2014
May 9th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
the first few weeks I craved fruit. Now I'm not craving anything. I have NO appetite at all so I eat whatever I can. I also get full super easy. Mostly I'm craving drinks. Like juice and ice cold water.

May 9th, 2014, 02:36 PM
NaturalRadiance's Avatar Super Mommy
First I craved sour and salty (maybe because of my nausea) then I wanted red meat and shell fish (shrimp, crawfish, lobster). Now I want fruit cereal and dairy. I go thru fruit so fast! I need less expensive cravings lol
BeaLeeMe likes this.
May 9th, 2014, 04:53 PM
October 2012 DDC co-host
Blech!! I have cravings, but I'm really nauseated for most of the day so even though I'm "craving" something...the thought of actually eating it makes me sick. For instance, I'll crave pickles, but then once I get them in my stomach, the after taste makes me sick. I craved buffalo chicken fingers last night and the after taste made me sick. I crave a lot of fruits and veggies, but then I feel sick after eating them (not so much the aftertaste, but maybe while they are digesting or something). Bread triggers my gag reflex. I've had a HUGE craving for brocoli and cheese soup....but about 2 minutes after starting it, the heat from the soup makes my stomach ill. THEN of course, the slightest hunger twinge and I'm sick because of that. GAH! I'll be soooo happy when this is over

May 9th, 2014, 05:21 PM
October 2012 DDC co-host
Blech!! I have cravings, but I'm really nauseated for most of the day so even though I'm "craving" something...the thought of actually eating it makes me sick. For instance, I'll crave pickles, but then once I get them in my stomach, the after taste makes me sick. I craved buffalo chicken fingers last night and the after taste made me sick. I crave a lot of fruits and veggies, but then I feel sick after eating them (not so much the aftertaste, but maybe while they are digesting or something). Bread triggers my gag reflex. I've had a HUGE craving for brocoli and cheese soup....but about 2 minutes after starting it, the heat from the soup makes my stomach ill. THEN of course, the slightest hunger twinge and I'm sick because of that. GAH! I'll be soooo happy when this is over

May 9th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Veteran
I haven't had any actually cravings lately. Mostly just "I know I don't want to eat ....." I've been feeling like eating Mexican all week (maybe because of Cinco de Mayo) and had taco pizza from Papa Murphy's that was delicious.

May 10th, 2014, 07:23 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think the cravings that really mean you're lacking something are those pica cravings, which are cravings for things that aren't food! With my DD I wanted to eat toilet paper. Super, super weird and I never told my doctor so I never found out what mineral our vitamin I might have been lacking hahaha I never followed through but sometimes I'd chew a piece and spit it out. Went away completely after birth.

May 11th, 2014, 06:16 PM
BSandDsMommy's Avatar Mommy to three boys
My cravings are now more like what doesn't make me feel miserable...at the moment brown sugar poptarts, ruffles, and bean dip

Baby girl due Dec. 2014

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 11th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Super Mommy
I'm not really having cravings right now, just more like "oh god, not that!". So ready for the nausea to go away.

Expecting Baby Boy 12/14/14!

May 12th, 2014, 06:45 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grá Mo Chroí View Post
I'm not really having cravings right now, just more like "oh god, not that!". So ready for the nausea to go away.

This is kind of where I've been all weekend too. But the hunger pangs make me feel sick too...probably worse than anything thus far actually. Ick!

I feel like I need to just eat a bland diet for now, and see if that helps because like others have mentioned...the after taste alone can make me sick. This SUCKS! lol

I've been munching on cucumbers and baby carrots all morning non-stop and I've got some ginger ale, and it's helping but not. I'm still feeling hungry like it's not enough but I'm scared to eat anything. I'm at work and limited as to what I can grab. This is why I'm loving PASTA I think. I have no problem eating pasta w a teeny bit of butter and cheese. lol

grilled chicken sounds great right now, but it'd have to be flavor free. lol

I ate pizza last night cause I LOVE pizza, but the after taste got me again. Can't win!

I'm counting down til the 2nd trimester. lol I really hope these morning (all day) sickness goes away then!

I need to go pick up some of those preggie pop drops. Anyone a fan?
May 12th, 2014, 06:48 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaLeeMe View Post

I need to go pick up some of those preggie pop drops. Anyone a fan?

Huge fan! For me they worked really well

May 12th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by elleon17 View Post
Huge fan! For me they worked really well
Where can I buy some?

Rite aid doesn't carry them, my local Walgreens is out, and I went to the Motherhood Maternity store today and they were CLOSED at lunchtime. Grrr...So, who else sells them?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search