Juicing during pregnancy

Forum: Due Date Club of December 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of December 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2014, 06:00 PM
socialworkmom2be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like since I've been pregnant I've had nearly no fresh fruits or veggies. I believe in the benefits of juices and would like to during pregnancy. Has anyone made fresh juice during pregnancy? What's the best way to clean it? I've read store bought unpasteurized is not recommended but if you make it yourself and know it's clean it takes away the risk.

Any thoughts are appreciated

Oopsie Cycle - August 2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
TTC Cycle #1 - chemical pregnancy
TTC Cycle #2 - Chemical pregnancy
TTC Cycle #3 - RE consultation and blood work, normal HSG.
Cycle #4 - Planning on WTTC, but was surprised with a BFP 4/11/14. First beta on 4/15/14 @ 12 DPO= 154.2, beta on 4/17/14 @ 14 DPO was 459.1, beta on 4/23/14 @ 20 DPO = 6,195!

After 3 early losses I am cautiously expecting a Christmas miracle.

Our son, Roen Kitt, is due 12/21/2014!!!
May 9th, 2014, 07:43 PM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You might want to ask your doctor if they have any recommendations on how to prepare it. I don't know much about it myself.

May 10th, 2014, 12:16 AM
zanesgirls's Avatar Veteran
I havent juiced during pregnancy but last year I was drinking one every morning. I keep telling my husband that I need to start again but have been too lazy As for prep, I always buy organic when I can and then wash really good. We have a ninja, which doesnt extract the juice but blends everything together which lets us get the benefits from every part of the fruit/veggie.
My favorite drink is kiwi, strawberry, spinach, alittle banana, small orange and water. You dont taste the spinach at all and its so good for you. I resolve to start this weekend
I know there are washes that you can buy to help ensure things are clean but I would ask a dr first

Also wanted to add, I have a few juicing/smoothie books and would be happy to post recipes, etc if people are interested!
May 10th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Veteran
I was told NO juicing by my doctor. I love juice and it's been really hard not to have it. Even if you think you're cleaning it well, there is still a risk. Fruits and veggies carry listeria far more often then deli meats. Take my advice with a grain of salt, it's just what I was told! Unfortunately....
May 10th, 2014, 09:11 AM
socialworkmom2be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcbaby View Post
I was told NO juicing by my doctor. I love juice and it's been really hard not to have it. Even if you think you're cleaning it well, there is still a risk. Fruits and veggies carry listeria far more often then deli meats. Take my advice with a grain of salt, it's just what I was told! Unfortunately....
Its so odd to me because if you eat a salad or an apple you are eating the fruit And veggies you would juice

Oopsie Cycle - August 2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
TTC Cycle #1 - chemical pregnancy
TTC Cycle #2 - Chemical pregnancy
TTC Cycle #3 - RE consultation and blood work, normal HSG.
Cycle #4 - Planning on WTTC, but was surprised with a BFP 4/11/14. First beta on 4/15/14 @ 12 DPO= 154.2, beta on 4/17/14 @ 14 DPO was 459.1, beta on 4/23/14 @ 20 DPO = 6,195!

After 3 early losses I am cautiously expecting a Christmas miracle.

Our son, Roen Kitt, is due 12/21/2014!!!
May 10th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't understand. We are told to eat plenty of fruits and veggies so we are getting the juice anyway. How is it different?
May 10th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Veteran
After reading the comments I looked into it further - seems like as long as you juice and immediately drink it, it's perfectly fine. Thanks for making me take a closer look!! Bring on the juice! My fav combo is kale, apple, pear and celery.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search