so I might get to do a water birth after all

Forum: Due Date Club of December 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By NaturalRadiance
  • 2 Post By socialworkmom2be
  • 2 Post By Blue_Jar_Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of December 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2014, 08:59 AM
NaturalRadiance's Avatar Super Mommy
We talked last night and he agreed that if it's less expensive and if we get to the third trimester and everything is normal then I can switch my care from my doctor to a midwife and there has to be doctor on staff at the birthing center :-). Lots of ifs but it's better than a straight up no. And at least he's open to listen to what I wanted.
sonomom15 likes this.
May 10th, 2014, 10:05 AM
socialworkmom2be's Avatar Super Mommy
The midwife I'm using is in a prectic with both midwife's and obs and with the midwife you are in a birthin suite and not a delivery room. The have showers , tubs, birth balls and a huge queen size bed. They let you eat and drink and walk around, which yu can't do in a delivery room. Maybe your SO would be comfortable with that alternative ? Then you are in the hospital but in a totally different atmosphere and should an emergency arise, you are already at the hospital
Storm122 and NaturalRadiance like this.

Oopsie Cycle - August 2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
TTC Cycle #1 - chemical pregnancy
TTC Cycle #2 - Chemical pregnancy
TTC Cycle #3 - RE consultation and blood work, normal HSG.
Cycle #4 - Planning on WTTC, but was surprised with a BFP 4/11/14. First beta on 4/15/14 @ 12 DPO= 154.2, beta on 4/17/14 @ 14 DPO was 459.1, beta on 4/23/14 @ 20 DPO = 6,195!

After 3 early losses I am cautiously expecting a Christmas miracle.

Our son, Roen Kitt, is due 12/21/2014!!!
May 10th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It should be WAYYYYYYY cheaper to use a birthing center. The total out of pocket for my birthing center for the delivery AND 9 months of prenatal care is like $3100. That's if you have no insurance at all. We're so lucky that insurance pays just about everything from them so I get my natural/water birth paid by insurance. Def. check into it! As far as the safety, free standing birthing centers are very safe. The one I go to has less than 2% transfer rate and most of the time it is that the mother was just exhausted/didn't want to go natural anymore. It will probably vary, but where I go puts an ambulance on stand by just for you should any issue come up. They have all the necessary life saving equipment like newborn resuscitation, anti hemorrhage meds,etc. I felt really safe there and it was 10x better than my natural hospital births. You'll love it.
sonomom15 and NaturalRadiance like this.

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

May 10th, 2014, 03:58 PM
NaturalRadiance's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing ladies. You're making me even more certain that's what I want. There's only one hospital in my area that does water births and it's like 30 or 40 miles away so I would definitely be looking at a birthing center. There's only 3 birthing centers in network with my insurance and only one close by. I requested some quotes from places not covered by insurance and I'm calling my instance on Monday to find out the cost in network. Only hospitals are quoted online. The insurance didn't really encourage birthing centers. The more I read and learn the more my heart is set on a water birth. Hoping everything works out and very excited that the option is finally on the table!
May 10th, 2014, 06:07 PM
October 2012 DDC co-host
I SO wish we had this option!! My hubby is kind of like yours...he won't listen to me either when it comes to the midwife center. I could probably get him to change his mind, but I have bad genetics (over excited hearts I guess ) and get PIH with all of my pregnancies and it puts me high risk (unfortunately).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search