vent O/T

Forum: Due Date Club of December 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JackieV

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of December 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2014, 03:25 PM
JackieV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So DH and I had a party to go to this afternoon for his motorcycle club. It's not like outlaws or anything crazy, they're all firefighters or law enforcement.

Well we had this party, they asked me to bring a cake, which my mom is a cake decorator so I had her make one.

When I walked into the party holding the cake, I saw three other ones there already! Ok I get this sounds stupid or petty but I take pride in my mom's cakes and HATE when people planning events don't plan properly.

When I walked in and saw all those other cakes, I wanted to throw it at the president of the club who organized this. UGH! We stayed about 10 minutes grabbed the cake and left. It was stupid and my hormones made me hate everybody there...

Well I guess I have cake for the next couple weeks
sonomom15 and NaturalRadiance like this.
May 10th, 2014, 05:47 PM
NaturalRadiance's Avatar Super Mommy
Crazy hormones... but at least you get a cake out of it :-)
May 10th, 2014, 07:02 PM
October 2012 DDC co-host
Oh gosh that irritates me too!! I know it seems petty, but it's not to me either lol! For one of my boys' easter party, the teacher asked me to bring in cupakes. When I have TIME....I enjoy making them because I make everything from scratch from the batter to the icing and his teachers just rave over them every time. When I don't have time....it's more of a pain than what's worth and I don't enjoy making them. So anyway, she asked me to bring them and I was REALLY REALLY busy with school, the kids and everything else. I was up until 2am the night before making the stupid things and when I walked into the classroom the next morning there were like 4 OTHER batches that parents had brought in! GAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!! I was so irritated because I had stayed up so late to do them and would have just brought in chips and drinks or something had I of known someone else was going to bring them. lol!! It just seemed like such a waste! So I know how you felt but AT LEAST....now you can enjoy mom's cake...alone!

May 10th, 2014, 08:35 PM
Veteran
Yep, I get it. And I wouldn't have to be preggo to be upset about it, either. What's the point in organizing something if you're going to have 10 people bring the same thing? Might as well just say "potluck" and let everyone bring what they want.
We've been married almost 21 years and we're expecting baby #5!

The first 4 were planned by us, this one was planned by God.

dd (18), dd (14), ds (7), dd (14months)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search