I'm not going to the ER anymore!!

Forum: Due Date Club of December 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MMccool

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of December 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2014, 05:34 AM
Veteran
I've decided after this past trip to the er! Had another lovely bleed/Hemmorhage on saturday night. We were at universal studios having dinner for an early father's day and thankfully I was wearing a black dress.

Sent the kids home with my mom, went to the ER, waited 2 hours. Got to the back and they couldn't find a HB. Needless to say I was on the verge of tears. Then went for the ultrasound and wasn't allowed to look at the screen and the tech couldn't tell us anything (previously the techs have always said 'oops I accidentally flipped on the sound, that might be a HB...hint, hint')

Had to wait another hour back down in a ER room for results. In the end the baby is fine. Healthy HB of 167 and measuring exactly on time.

They did screw up my arm though. 2 blood draws and 2 tries at an IV for fluids. THis is the result of the first IV try. Ouch!

June 16th, 2014, 05:58 AM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you had to go through that, but I'm glad everything turned out ok!

June 16th, 2014, 06:34 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank goodness for a healthy baby, but my goodness!! How stressful! Ugh

June 16th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Veteran
That is so scary, I just hate that for you! I am thrilled that little peanut is doing well and everything is okay! Hopefully this problem corrects itself, and you don't keep having these stressful events! <<hugs>>
June 16th, 2014, 07:20 AM
October 2012 DDC co-host
Ugh!!!! That wait must have been so so scary I'm so happy baby is good though! I hope this bleeding eases up soon to give you some peace

June 16th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Veteran
So scary, my doctor told me if i can't get in touch with them on after-hours or weekend to not to go to emergency room and go straight to labor and deliver?

special thanks to .h00dihoo.this. for the siggie
June 16th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So scary!! I've been in that place twice so far with my hemorrhage! One time the us tech told me the baby was ok and one time she didn't. It was terrifying! I'm so glad all is well!
October 2013- SA revealed low motility--referred to RE
January 2014- DHs repeat SA came back "normal"! I was diagnosed with PCOS
February 2014- IUI #1 on Valentine's Day with 2 mature follicles- BFN
March 2014- BCP to clear up cysts
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167; Beta #2 @ 15 DPO- 384!

June 16th, 2014, 09:39 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hate that they won't even say something along the lines of "I can't tell you anything related to your diagnosis, you'll have to wait on the doctor for that, but I do see a baby with a heart beat. That's all I can say."

Then at least, you aren't in a panic and the tech has protected herself. AND I think it's crap that you aren't allowed to look at the screen. It's a test on YOUR body, you should be able to see the screen even if the tech cant' say much about what she is looking at. I'm so happy for you that baby is fine in the end and sorry you had to go through all that. How stressful that must have been for you!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
June 16th, 2014, 10:46 PM
earthchilde's Avatar Open-Minded Pagan Lady
Hugs. What a nightmare, but at least it had a happy ending.
Yay healthy baby

June 17th, 2014, 01:04 AM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by choochoo07 View Post
So scary, my doctor told me if i can't get in touch with them on after-hours or weekend to not to go to emergency room and go straight to labor and deliver?
This. I specifically asked Dr what to do if I bleed after hours. He told me definitely don't go to ER. If at night call the next morning or if on weekend go straight to L&D. Hospital policy evidently says you can do that if over 20 weeks but he told me to tell them he told me to go so they might get on to him but I wouldn't be stuck in ER for hours. Talk with your Dr and get his recommendation, hopefully that might help.
palmetto_moon likes this.
2004 - First IVF - Negative
2006 - Second IVF - Chemicial (Beta 78)
2008 - Went through a Divorce
2012 - Remarried
November 2013 - Third IVF - Chemical (Beta 24)
4/1/14 - First FET transferred 2 day 5 embryos
4/10/14 - 9dp5dt BFP- hcg 237
4/12/14- 11dp5dt - hcg 736
4/15/14- 14dp5dt - hcg 3,994

4/30 - 1st u/s it's TWINS!!!
June 17th, 2014, 06:52 AM
Veteran
Thanks Ladies! I think it is BS I've had 3 ultrasounds and only seen the peanut once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope2Be13 View Post
So scary!! I've been in that place twice so far with my hemorrhage! One time the us tech told me the baby was ok and one time she didn't. It was terrifying! I'm so glad all is well!

I am frustrated because they are not seeing an SCH, but obviously that is what is going on. With DD, I clearly had a large SCH and they were able to see it shrinking which was relieving.

How are you doing?

June 17th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMccool View Post
This. I specifically asked Dr what to do if I bleed after hours. He told me definitely don't go to ER. If at night call the next morning or if on weekend go straight to L&D. Hospital policy evidently says you can do that if over 20 weeks but he told me to tell them he told me to go so they might get on to him but I wouldn't be stuck in ER for hours. Talk with your Dr and get his recommendation, hopefully that might help.
At my 12 week appointment, I guess its different here, the doc told me if i feel unwell or something goes wrong and they can't be reach on weekend or night time, to go to the labor and delivery no matter how far along i am

special thanks to .h00dihoo.this. for the siggie
June 17th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by elleon17 View Post
Thanks Ladies! I think it is BS I've had 3 ultrasounds and only seen the peanut once.

I am frustrated because they are not seeing an SCH, but obviously that is what is going on. With DD, I clearly had a large SCH and they were able to see it shrinking which was relieving.

How are you doing?
They didn't see mine for a while either and it was so scary!! I'm doing better since I'm off work. I have 2 more weeks before I go back so I'm just taking it easy!! I hope you are done with the bleeding!
October 2013- SA revealed low motility--referred to RE
January 2014- DHs repeat SA came back "normal"! I was diagnosed with PCOS
February 2014- IUI #1 on Valentine's Day with 2 mature follicles- BFN
March 2014- BCP to clear up cysts
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167; Beta #2 @ 15 DPO- 384!

June 17th, 2014, 09:42 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Glad all is well with you and baby!

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!
rate 6/5/2014: 164 rate 6/23/2014: 165 14w5d

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search