Anyone else ever experience palpatations?

Forum: Due Date Club of December 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of December 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2014, 06:52 AM
Veteran
I'm thinking it's probably more stress/anxiety related than anything, but I dunno.

I noticed last week that every so often my heart feels a little weird for a split second, and almost takes my breath away for a split second. But the more I think about it the more it happens it seems. I don't notice at work or anything...probably because I'm focused on other things. I mostly notice if I'm sitting or laying down. But if I get up, I don't really notice it. I was reading last night on the internet (BAD! I KNOW! lol) that it's more common during pregnancy. Most of the time it's basically a skipped beat, but once or twice I have felt a flutter. I suffer from anxiety tho and I had to quit my low dose meds cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant, so I always question myself as to whether something is really a real issue or if I'm just so paranoid that I'm creating an issue. I go to the dr next wk, so if I keep noticing this happening I'm gonna mention it to him.

Anyone else?
Baby #3
Due: December 23rd
July 2nd, 2014, 10:29 AM
October 2012 DDC co-host
I've had them before! What's strange (and kind of scary) is if you feel your pulse while they are going on, your pulse stops for a split second. I think it's pretty common in pregnancy AS LONG as it's not happening too often. If it starts happening often, I'd DEFINITELY call your OB just to see what he says

July 2nd, 2014, 02:36 PM
Veteran
Thank you for responding! I agree it IS scary, and I'm thinking that's what I'm going to do. I hope it all gets back to normal soon though. I don't like this. This is my 3rd pregnancy, and I never felt any of this before. The only thing I remember having with either of them was I had an episode on faintness with my daughter. That was EARLY on though, like the first month or so. I'm gonna try to start walking more too. I think that could help both physically AND mentally.
Baby #3
July 3rd, 2014, 06:36 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, totally! I had them really often with my first pregnancy... The sudden, rapid fluttering that you can feel in your throat! Ugh. So weird.

July 3rd, 2014, 06:58 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlc52811 View Post
Yes, totally! I had them really often with my first pregnancy... The sudden, rapid fluttering that you can feel in your throat! Ugh. So weird.

Yes. I have that, and I have that weird feeling in your chest like your heart dropped for a split second and in that same split second your breathe drops too. I do NOT like these feelings. I'm hoping they'll subside soon.

Did you feel that through your whole pregnancy?
Baby #3
July 3rd, 2014, 07:17 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On and off... I can't quite remember, but I think it tapered off by the third trimester. It seemed to happen the most starting around now and throughout the rest of trimester 2.

July 3rd, 2014, 07:30 AM
Veteran
You should probably talk to your doctor. My cousin had an undiagnosed murmur which didn't really affect her before, but when she got pregnant, she had to avoid exerting herself and had medications to keep her heartbeat regular. They fixed it with a quick outpatient surgery when her daughter was born (healthy and happy!). The heart isn't something you ignore and hope fixes itself. If it's anxiety, there might be fetus friendly meds you could take. Your doctor will know what to do!
July 3rd, 2014, 08:13 AM
Veteran
I had them before, haven't had them in a few weeks. Its scared the crap out of me. I called my husband at work freaking out. But then I talked to someone who is also pregnant amd she was experiencing the same so I figured it was normal.
July 3rd, 2014, 02:32 PM
zanesgirls's Avatar Veteran
yes! actually, it was my first pregnancy sign with both my daughters, though i didn't realize it at the time. this time around i've been getting them here and there, mostly when i'm just starting to lay down and really relax.
July 3rd, 2014, 07:03 PM
Faith=2xBlessed's Avatar PrettyCrispy Scrunchy Mom
Lurking... It's totally normal during pregnancy .. And I had them a lot when I was pregnant with my daughters don't worry nothing is wrong

Layla Marie & Savannah Rose born on December 19th 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search