Head down and Sciatica Pain?

Forum: Due Date Club of December 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of December 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2014, 09:11 PM
Anyone else's LO head down with their head way low low down? His head is measuring two weeks ahead and he's head down. It's causing so much pressure and causing sciatic nerve pain.

I had it with my son Brayden and it was horrible, but I wasn't working then. This time around I'm working and I have to do A LOT of walking and I've been in so much pain. I'm having to limp around and hold onto things and I've almost fallen at work several times to everything just giving out.

I can barely sit down and then when I finally do sit down and I have to put all my weight on my other side and then it's unbearable when I have to get up and move again. Took me nearly ten minutes to get out of the car earlier when I got home and my DH had to bring all the stuff in and bring Brayden in and get him settled before coming out to pull me out of the car and help me into the house. :'(

Anyone else having this? Any tips on helping to relieve it? It happens mainly on my left side, but then it'll start hurting on my right side and give my left side a break or both sides starting hurting to where I can't walk at all. :'(
July 29th, 2014, 10:00 PM
Super Mommy
Go to your chiropractor ASAP!!

July 29th, 2014, 10:13 PM
I don't have a chiropractor. And not sure if my insurance will cover that at all either. =/
July 30th, 2014, 05:02 AM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Most chiropractors will work with you if your insurance won't cover it. Baby was head down for my scan too. I'm having a lot of pain just above my tailbone but I don't think it's sciatica. It has to do with my pelvis. The chiro helps a lot.

July 30th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been battling sciatica since the birth of my 1st baby 12.5 years ago. I am not sure why it started then. Honestly I think I have some nerve damage or something because it never bothered me in the pregnancy but right after she was born (only baby I had an epi with) it has bothered me ever since. Even when not pregnant. I have to be really careful about not bending over too much.

My midwife said that if you can't do chiro care, that physical therapy helps too. I usually just push through it. I can do some sciatica stretches or lay down for a little bit (sitting is bad) until it passes. I am an SAHM but I run an Etsy business so I am usually sitting at the computer at least 5 hours a day and it takes a toll on my back. I hope you feel better soon!

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

July 30th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am not sure if this will help you or not, but I tell lots of women this that are suffering, I think they started to call it by my name in my other DDC...lol!

This may not be possible at work, but maybe doing it at home will relieve it long enough to get you through at least part of your day. If you get on all 4's and rock back and forth, it might relieve some of the pressure/pain. It may or may not work, but worth a try right?

July 30th, 2014, 10:05 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure if she's head down, but she is soooo low! Constant bladder pressure. I'm so not used to this! DD1 was very high the whole time, and I'm freaking out about what it will be like when this low rider drops in the third trimester! Ugh! My mom said with one of my brothers, he was so low she felt like he'd just fall out haha

July 30th, 2014, 10:39 AM
dlammers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The chiropractor that my hubby goes to and I have went once only costs us $35/visit. You just need to call around and get prices.

July 31st, 2014, 02:50 AM
JackieV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandakelley View Post
Anyone else's LO head down with their head way low low down? His head is measuring two weeks ahead and he's head down. It's causing so much pressure and causing sciatic nerve pain.

I had it with my son Brayden and it was horrible, but I wasn't working then. This time around I'm working and I have to do A LOT of walking and I've been in so much pain. I'm having to limp around and hold onto things and I've almost fallen at work several times to everything just giving out.

I can barely sit down and then when I finally do sit down and I have to put all my weight on my other side and then it's unbearable when I have to get up and move again. Took me nearly ten minutes to get out of the car earlier when I got home and my DH had to bring all the stuff in and bring Brayden in and get him settled before coming out to pull me out of the car and help me into the house. :'(

Anyone else having this? Any tips on helping to relieve it? It happens mainly on my left side, but then it'll start hurting on my right side and give my left side a break or both sides starting hurting to where I can't walk at all. :'(
FTM here, so I have nothing to compare to. But i have been having pretty bad sciatic pain on my left side and just yesterday I felt some groin pan. It was light and if I walked around work a bit, it went away. However, I have no idea how baby boy is measuring or if he is head down since my anatomy scan isn't until August 6. So, I haven't seen him since 16 weeks!

I am so sorry you are having such a hard time,I couldn't imagine not even being able to get out of the car easily If you can at all look into chiropractic care, it works wonder sir sciatica and if they are good, they will absolutely care for you during pregnancy. Good luck and I hope you get relief soon!
August 2nd, 2014, 10:23 PM
I have had a lot of pain almost immediately after I found out I was pregnant. It switches sides and one day its fine and the next i can hardly walk.
Its horrible.
August 3rd, 2014, 04:01 PM
It's gotten so much worse. :'( I'm always scared to sit down, especially on my breaks at work because I don't know if I'll be able to get up again. I actually had to call out of work today which I hate doing and especially since I'm still within my 90 days of this job. I couldn't get up yesterday after my lunch break and then it hurt until I left and then I got stuck in a chair when I got home and couldn't get up to get to the bed. It's getting so bad that the pain is so bad that it starts to get numbing and my tailbone is starting ot hurt too. :'( Doctor said at last appointment that if it doesn't get better, I may have to stop working. Can't afford that.
August 3rd, 2014, 06:09 PM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sounds more like pelvic pain than sciatica. I would definitely try to see a chiropractor.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search