when does school start for your kids?

Forum: Due Date Club of December 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of December 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2014, 07:41 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ours go back this coming Wednesday (13th) and I'm having a horrible time getting them back on a routine. I'm trying to implement a normal bedtime for the little ones (elementary age and below) which is between 8:00 and 9:00. It will often be closer to 9:00 because of football practice. But so far this is day number three of normal bedtime and they just refuse! They fight, they whine that a sibling took their big blanket, they laugh, they turn their tv on....I feel like I"m at my limit with this already! A big part of the problem is that I've got four girls sharing a room so even when they are tired, they tend to keep each other up and it takes way longer than what it would if it were just one or two but....it is what it is, there's no other option.

So...when do your little ones go back to school? Who is prepared and who still isn't? I still have a few school supplies to get but we have the bulk of it.
If you don't have school aged kids or even kids at all yet, what is coming up this fall that you are looking forward to?

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
August 9th, 2014, 08:02 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
My mom gave up trying to "prep" me for school - we got a little more into routine the week before, but I never slept the night before school started anyway, so I just went to school tired one day and I'd sleep the next night!

NY schools start the day after Labor Day - but the only one going to school right now is DH

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

August 9th, 2014, 08:30 PM
zanesgirls's Avatar Veteran
i start september 3rd and my girls start the 4th and 9th! haven't even begun to think about routine again lol.
August 9th, 2014, 09:48 PM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We went back this past Monday. I started Ellie on her bedtime routine a week ahead of time. I'm a teacher and I also went back on Monday but I won't have students until this coming Monday. I mostly had parent meetings and such last week.

August 9th, 2014, 09:55 PM
mylittleladies's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My girls start on Tuesday and I have no idea how I will wake them up at 6:45am. Other than that I think we are ready. I miss school starting in September.

August 10th, 2014, 08:10 AM
October 2012 DDC co-host
My kids started back last Wednesday and I TOTALLY feel your pain! Ok...let me just say this. We did exactly what you did....tried to "prep" them a week in advance and even though it didn't work, we still tried. LOL! Day one of school came around and they were so stinking tired BUT it was the first day so they were all fine. The next night....I'm not even kidding, they were all in bed by 7....SEVEN! LOL! Our bed time is usually 8, but they were exhausted! That seemed to have done the trick because now we seem to be in a little bit more of a routine. Usually if we get them down around 8 ish, they are sleeping by 9 or 9:30 at the latest, which is usually ok for them. We have the same room issue at our house, only our four BOYS share a room. We have a huge bonus room upstairs, so their bunk beds fit easily in there with tons of room to spare, and that's why we have it that way. However, we are just about to move some rooms around because it seems like our little guys keep the big ones awake. Like my 3 year old son only goes to preschool 2 days a week, so he's usually up later and will keep the ones that have to be at school the next day up. DH and I were just discussing room arrangements the other night. Right now we have our four little boys in one room, my 17 year old daughter has her own room (it's on the smaller side), then I have 2 girls sharing another room and my 15 year old daughter has her own room. I think we may have to group some of the girls together though so that we can get Ella in a room (she's still in our room), and get the "baby" boy (3 yo) out of the older boys' room. **sigh** We are planning on moving after I get out of school, so we don't really want to build on yet...but we are kind of running out of room! Do you have bathroom issues too? Oh.MY.GOSH! My girls are all older (17, 15, 13 and 11) and we only have 3 bathrooms in our house, so this is a huuuuuggeeeeee issue! In our next house, we are having more bathrooms built in than bedrooms. Just saying. Four teenage girls sharing bathrooms in the morning getting ready for school is like the worst torture for a mom! HEAVEN forbid I actually have to be somewhere at the same time, or one of the boys have to go! LOL!

August 10th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Kids start back here Sept 4. We home school but are hoping to start the same so we can take the month of december off.

August 10th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Veteran
No kids in school quite yet, but DH is a teacher and will be starting August 27th. The district we live in (next door to the one DH works in) starts Sept 2. DD will be in preschool program through the district we live in, her first day is Sept 11. I'm not worried about her schedule, "school" won't start until 830 am and most days she's up before 7 anyways.

August 11th, 2014, 05:03 AM
Mmartin04's Avatar Veteran
My son started on the 8th for just a partial day. Today is his first full day of first grade *tear*. I tried prepping him, but I didn't do so successfully really. Once my school starts on the 25th I don't have half as much one on one time with him so I tried to just enjoy the extra night time with him. He seemed fine this am
August 11th, 2014, 06:25 AM
BSandDsMommy's Avatar Mommy to three boys
I start the 13th, then the boys and dh start the 14th...I am sad and going to miss them like crazy, but they are excited about going to a new school

Baby girl due Dec. 2014

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 11th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are required to be registered by this Friday. But I am not sure when I will start. I know I want to take all of December off so I need to figure that into my dates so that we don't end up doing school in July. I am thinking we'll start the 26th. Still need to re-stock a lot of my curriculum.

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

August 11th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Veteran
We start Early 5's next week which is the same as the rest of the schools around here. I need to start getting him back on a schedule!!

August 11th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Veteran
Mine started today. My daughter's upset about it too cause her bday is Wednesday. It used to be that school wouldn't start until AFTER her bday, so she's hating that it starts BEFORE. She keeps trying to talk me into letting her take the day off! lol
Baby #3
Due: December 23rd
August 11th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Kinsma90's Avatar Impatiently Waiting
2017! haha. But we will be working with the school board starting this Feb for her OT and ST.
August 12th, 2014, 07:00 AM
Veteran
My girls started today. We slowly started back on a rountine 2 weeks ahead. It was a little laid back but it was full on routine the week before and they were in bed and sleep 1 at 8:30p and the other 9:00pm! School supplies are good but I'm going shopping for more uniforms

August 12th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My oldest starts kindergarten on the 25th. She already gets in bed between 8/8:30, usually asleep by 9 and she usually wakes up when I get in the shower, so I don't think that will be an issue. It's getting them out of the door that seems to take forever! I am just going to make sure that lunches are made the night before, clothes are picked out and I have been making her dress and brush her teeth while I am getting dressed and ready myself. If the 2 year old is up while we are trying to do this, it poses an issue, but the first 2 days, DH is home in the mornings, so hopefully he can help!

August 12th, 2014, 12:27 PM
3turtles's Avatar Veteran
28th for DS1 and my 'baby' starts sept 1st!

Mummy to 2 superheroes..

And expecting a little princess!

August 12th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Aeterna's Avatar Super Speshil
They start on Thursday. Yay!!!

August 14th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Super Mommy
DS' school starts on the 18th for the lower school, the high school started this week and Kindy doesn't start until the 22nd, I think. The joys of a K-12 school lol. We're ready and he's definitely ready. He misses his friends.

Expecting Baby Boy 12/14/14!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search