Lea23, ButterflyDamsel and Bluesstarz2 Chat Thread

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Shipmates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Bluesstarz2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Girls! How are you guys doing? How are you feeling?

I slipped and fell today. So I'm feeling sore but still no morning sickness which I couldn't be happier about. Plus I'm super hungry, yay for that!

March 26th, 2014, 04:39 PM
lea23's Avatar Super Mommy
I am feeling good. Minor aches and pains in lower back and butt. Other than that this has been a great pregnancy.

I am glad that you are not hurt from your fall.

March 26th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Yeah I think I'm ok. I think I'll call my doctor tomorrow and get checked out.What did you have for dinner ? Any new cravings? I had tacos and I've been craving donuts. This crazy baby!

March 27th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Last night for dinner I had two strawberry banana smoothies, one before my flight left and one after my flight landed.

As far as cravings, I have not truly had that moment when I had to have something specific. I guess this is a good thing.

Right now I am working on trying to be a little healthier, eating wise. I have been eating basically whatever I want and I do not want that to catch up with me later.

Other than the minor pain from walking, I am doing well.

How is planning for the baby going for you all? I am once again at a stalemate and need to finish my registry.

March 27th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Planning for the baby is going well. I've been buying things slowly. My sister in law wants to throw a baby shower but i think being the 2nd baby, that we don't really need it. The only big item that I have left is the boppy, and i want a nicer one since I used my last one so much. I'm not looking forward to my glucose testing in a week. Are you doing that? Is it coming up?

March 27th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Veteran
Sorry to jump in so late---our son (2 years old) was just diagnosed with SPD and developmental delays, and we are still shaking out his therapy schedule (they keep wanting to add more...)

I'm feeling pretty good. I have a hyper-mobile sacrum so I have to be careful, but Yoga is a wonderful thing!

Craving tacos--always craving something ethnic when I'm pregnant, though taco bell is the closest my town gets to Mexican...ugh.I'm trying not to nest too much but with the 3rd trimester right around the corner, I really need to pull the baby clothes out of storage and organize them. Speaking of 3rd tri, yup the GD test is coming up and I hate it so much--that liquid is all nasty artificial crap and my body hates it. At least it is only one day. Plus a Rhogam shot. Plus another blood draw. Ah, the joys of pregnancy!

I don't want a shower for this pregnancy, but I'm hoping one of my friends here will throw a blessing way, just for some time to connect with this baby and celebrate him.....especially since the attention has really been focused on DS lately. Oh! And I want to get some better fitting fluff for the newborn...I just can't make up my mind between sloomb or kissaluvs.....
March 28th, 2014, 04:24 PM
OOO a banana strawberry smoothie sounds so amazing Lea!!!butterflydamsel what is spd? Oh and yoga sounds nice but I could never get into it but it is relaxing!Oh and your cloth diaper brands, never heard of them, I need to look into them. I'm so worried about cloth diapering but I really want to do it this time!

March 28th, 2014, 07:10 PM
Veteran
We LOVE cloth diapering! Just get a diaper sprayer. Seriously, it makes it so easy even dh would do it. If you can, find a baby boutique and go play with the different brands, or use a trial kit. I love thegreennursery.com for cloth diapering supplies and they have a Facebook page that is just for moms to ask questions about CD and parenting. We use the grovia hybrid system on our toddler and it is fantastic, but it was too bulky for him as a newborn.

SPD is sensory processing disorder. In the same family as autism and ADHD, but prognosis is good since we are starting therapy so early (he will be two tomorrow!)

Have you all been able to get poutside lately? We live in Ohio and it was so nice that we ended up going on a meandering hour long walk today!
March 28th, 2014, 08:15 PM
I have been outside as it has been nice here in My neighborhood. My DH and I went to babies r us and added more things with the wand for our baby shower. We went a bit crazy and now I must go and correct/update it
butterflydamsel likes this.

March 29th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Veteran
meh, people like the crazy stuff! we tried to put a few fun things on our shower list for people who didn't want to get serious.....we used the cash gifts and gift cards to stock up on the supplies (uh breastmilk collection bags?) that no one bought us.
March 29th, 2014, 03:55 PM
We made two online registries. I never realized how much Kohls has online. Honestly though we dont expect anything from anyone. I would be greatful for whatever. And yep we have been outside, its like 80 here in florida. Its nice weather. Can't believe were close to 100 days out for baby, I just can't wait!

March 29th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Veteran
I am soooo jealous. We want to move to Florida when the hubs is done with school. Winter has been BRUTAL up here this year and we are so over it. I know we have a few months to go, but gosh doesn't it seem like this pregnancy has flown?
March 31st, 2014, 04:46 PM
Yeah it does seem crazy how fast this pregnancy has gone! Can't believe that this is my last pregnancy, seems crazy. And Florida is wonderful but I would love changing seasons sometimes, lol~!

April 1st, 2014, 11:27 AM
Well I am super excited because I am officially in the double digits. All be it the number is high, I feel like the countdown can really begin. I also think that my uterus has started contracting.

I honestly am not sure what I am feeling because it could be just a bunch of kicks and punches but I do not know. I asked my sister what it could be and she asked if they felt like cramps, but I did not get cramps just an upset stomach and need to go to the bathroom (which is kind of happening now with the mini contractions). I am not in any pain so maybe the baby is just rolling around in there. Just thought I would share

Anyway, How are you ladies doing?

April 4th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Veteran
Those sound like Braxton Hicks to me--they are contractions, but not painful, but our belly definitely feels tight for a few seconds!

I'm doing okay....really starting to feel the growth this week....my abs (or whatever is left of them) hurt.

Just picked up two tubs of maternity clothes from another mama in town to try on...so happy to find some stuff secondhand--I just got bigger sooner with this second pregnancy!

Oh, and my boys are out of town this weekend, so it's just me and the dogs, trying to figure out what to do with myself!
April 4th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Yeah I'm getting the braxton hicks also. I'm overwhelmed with all the stress going on. I really need to get things organized in our house. Procrastination is my name.

April 7th, 2014, 08:30 PM
How are you guys doing?

April 8th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Veteran
Good! Definitely starting to feel a little off balance, but DH finally got some QT with the bump last night.....well I forced it on him. I spooned him from behind so he could feel the joy of this kicking wonder and oh did he get kicked! Lots of giggles ensued.I've got 91 days till the due date and I am starting to feel a little bit twitchy....like maybe we should get the baby stuff out of storage and dust it off......
April 8th, 2014, 12:04 PM
I am doing great. The tummy tightening braxton hicks are definitely annoying but fortunately they have not caused me much issues/pain lately. I am getting out of breath a bit, but that could be due to increased walking at work due to new job assignments.

April 8th, 2014, 08:38 PM
I laid down for a nap today and couldn't sleep due to the pain from braxton hicks. It was horrible. But off that subject, we pretty much have all the baby stuff we would need. We've been buying it all slowly and its pretty much done. All I really need is a diaper bag and bumbo maybe and older play stuff such as a like a play center or bouncer. Plus my aunt got us that fancy monitor that we don't really need so we will probably return it and it get other things that we do. I know we need a little more clothes, lots more blankets and towels. I just want to have everything and then get it organized and ready to go.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search