Welcome to the World Isabella Rose!! **Pic heavy**

One In A Minion

Our Minions are here and here are their birth stories!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By Kellylovesricky
  • 1 Post By bella88
  • 1 Post By MommaBean18
  • 1 Post By Decemberhill
  • 1 Post By dindin
  • 1 Post By irish bells
  • 1 Post By Ellies_mom
  • 1 Post By Panda
  • 1 Post By Case2014

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To One In A Minion LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2014, 03:06 PM
Kellylovesricky's Avatar & Mikey & Isabella
Here is the story of how Isabella Rose was welcomed into the world!

I headed to my regular 37 week OB appointment on Tuesday April 15th. My Dr. Had been concerned about my blood pressure during previous appointments. A week earlier he told me if my BP was still high he was not going to mess around any longer and we would bring her. I packed my hospital bag on Monday night just in case he decided to send me to labor and delivery. I had a suspicion this would happen, but I kept telling myself it wasn't really going to!
The Nurse took my BP at 9:00am and it was 163/113. She looked at me and said... you know he's going to send you to L&D again, at least for monitoring right? I figured as much. I had Mikey with me because its his spring break. All morning long he kept telling me Isabella was going to come today and I kept telling him probably not. Well my Dr. came in and immediately asked what my BP was and when the nurse told him he shook his head and said well let me check your cervix and see what's going on. He checked and said I was around 3cms. He said... I hope you have some clothes ready because we are bringing this baby today!Mikey was so excited! He looked at me and said SEE! You were wrong I was right! My baby sister is coming today! haha
I text messaged Ricky to let him know that they were sending me. He had to go home and pick up the hospital bag, camera, Ipad and various chargers which we would need. He was so panicked I swear. Poor guy was a nervous wreck!
The nurse walked me over to L&D and I started getting set up for induction. At 11:50 they started the pitocin. By 12:45 my contractions were hitting about 3 mins apart. at 12:50 they began upping the pitocin which they would do once every hour. By 1:50 the contractions were around 2-3 mins apart.
I was not feeling any pain at all, just lots of pressure and tightness in my belly. I was not shocked by this. My labor with Mikey was completely painless and once I hit 7cms with him I had an epidural and didn't feel a thing after that. I was pretty much expecting the same thing this time around. Boy was I wrong!!
They continued upping the pitocin once an hour until around 6:00 pm when my OB came in to check my cervix and break my water. He got everything ready and when he checked I just could see the look on his face. He said wow... you are barely 3cms still. I was really upset. How could I have labored all day and had no progress at all. The nurse in the room asked if he was still planning on breaking my water and he said no, since I hadn't really progressed and she was still not far enough down he didn't want to chance it. He told me he would go home and eat dinner and hopefully things would progress before midnight.
My nurse told me she noticed my contractions were really close together but they still seemed weak. She told me she was afraid my uterus wasn't fully relaxing in between and it was causing my uterus to just quiver and not make any progress. At that point she decided to half the amount of pitocin I was getting and try to inch it back up slowly again to see if it could start something stronger.
Nothing happened. If anything my contractions just fizzled out. If I changed positions or moved around at all they would just fade away. The next nurse on duty asked me how I was doing and when I told her, she told me she didn't believe I was in real labor and that she was going to get that pitocin going again as quickly as she could. By this point I was pretty exhausted. By 3am I had not slept at all. The contraction were irregular but constant and I couldn't get comfortable in that bed. My back was killing me! The contractions were annoying me to the point I was just completely frustrated. I asked the nurse if I could have some pain relief. I was hoping it would help me relax. The nurse said she did not want to give me anything for fear it would slow our progress even more.
by 7 am I was maxxed out on the pitocin. My contratctions were still painless but coming every minute and lasting over a minute. I have never felt so tired in my life. My body was so drained from being awake for 24 straight hours half of them having non stop contractions!
at 8:30 am my Dr. came in to check my cervix and guess what. I was still at 3cms. My initial thought was that I was going to end up with a distressed baby and c-section. My Doctor said that I was more effaced and she had dropped so he was going to break my water and see if that would get something going. I was thrilled!
He broke my water and asked if I was planning on getting an epidural. I told him I was and he said well you can have it any time you'd like. I immediately looked at the nurse and told her to give me one now. I was so tired I was hoping to just be numb and hopefully get some sleep before I had to deliver a baby! My OB told me he'd be back later to check on me.
Almost immediately my contractions started coming fast and hard. I was maxxed out on the pitocin and now that my water was broken the contractions were painful. Pain to a point I have never felt in my life. When the first one hit I swear I thought I was going to jump out of the bed it hurt so bad! The nurse told me I was 3rd in line for the epidural and he'd be there soon.
The contractions were so awful I was absolutely insane. I was swearing and yelling. I thought I would turn into the exorcist and my head was going to spin around. It was horrific!! SO.MUCH.PAIN!! Finally the anestesiologist arrived. I wanted to hug him. That feeling didn't last long. it took 2 tries to get my epidural in and the needles to numb me hurt almost as bad as the contractions. I was bent over on my husband just sobbing in pain. The tears would not stop. I honestly don't know how I handled it. Excruciating pain. He told me my spine was slightly curved and he had to move around to get a better spot. Finally around 9:30 he was done and had my first relief in 21 hours!!! The epidural was so much different than I had with Mikey. I was completely numb for his... with this one I could still move around a bit and my legs were pretty numb, but I could still lift them a little.
Right away I started to doze off. I was pretty much out of it for the next few hours. I would fall in and out of sleep. I was so dazed I don't really remember much of those next few hours. Around noon the nurse decided to check me and I had dialted to 5cms!! Finally progress! I was so excited! She called my OB and he told her to keep a close watch and to let him know my progress so he could come down to deliver. Around 2:00 they checked again and I was 9cms! actually she said all that was left was a small lip! I was thrilled. They called my OB to let him know and he said he would be there shortly.
Then the pressure and pain hit again. The most intense pressure I have ever felt!! I started to cry again and told the nurse I needed something immediately! She told me she was on it an they injected more medication into my epidural which was just heaven! They told me to get ready to push and see how I was doing while my OB was on his way over. I guess it was right around 2:30 at that point.
I pushed a few times and the nurse said she thought that Isabella's head was just sort of stuck under my pelvic bone and once she was out of there we'd be good to go. I'm not sure how I even had the energy to push at that point. My whole body was weak and my head was so foggy with just wanting to fall asleep! about 20 mins went by and My OB was there. He told them to lay me down flatter so that her head would come out. Sure enough two pushes later and everyone is like there her head is! They sat me back up and I continued to push. I ended up needing an episiotomy which lord knows I hate, but the stiching is all internal and it didn't hurt nearly as bad as my last one!
Isabella was turned when coming out and my husband said he was completely amazed when my OB took 2 fingers and just flipped her around before she came out. Just one more push and at 3:11 pm Isabella Rose was born crying and peeing on my Dr! She is so beautiful and as soon as I looked down and saw her I couldn't believe how much she looked like Mikey!! I am completely in love with her! The whole experience was awful, and the end result was just sooooo worth it!!!

Isabella Rose
April 16th, 2014
6lbs 8ozs
20 1/2 inches

bella88, 208mama and MommaBean18 like this.

April 21st, 2014, 03:55 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I swear kids just know sometimes . Congrats on Isabella's arrival and thanks for sharing!
Kellylovesricky likes this.

April 21st, 2014, 05:06 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
That sounds like quite the experience! I'm glad she's here and healthy! Your whole family is adorable!

April 22nd, 2014, 05:49 AM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
She is just precious! I love how she came out peeing!

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
April 22nd, 2014, 06:29 AM
dindin's Avatar Veteran
She is beautiful. Congrats!

1/12 3/13
April 22nd, 2014, 03:02 PM
Veteran
You are a strong woman! That is an amazing story. Glad you are all doing well. Congratulations!
April 24th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Super Mommy
That sounds...terrible lol. And totally worth it! Shes absolutely adorable. I love how Mikey just knew he was getting his sister that day

April 28th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats she is beautiful!

April 28th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Veteran
Wow sounds like u had quite the experience. She is beautiful though!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search