The early dramatic arrival of Ethan Matthew

One In A Minion

Our Minions are here and here are their birth stories!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Panda

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To One In A Minion LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2014, 06:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Warning this story is going to be long since I'm going to start it when I was admitted to the hospital.

4/3/14 (34 weeks)

Started like every other appt day me and my toddler rolled out of bed and ate breakfast got dressed and ready to go! I drank a ton of water since I knew I was having my bi weekly nst and for the past two week they had been picking up contractions on the monitors and sending me up to labor and delivery for monitoring and I was soo over it and wanted to avoid that today! So I took my son to a friends house and went to my appt. after they hooked me up to the monitors they waited for a while to take my bp since it had been elevated the last two appts (had already done two 24hr collections that showed protien of 400 then 600) well she takes it and I don't look and the look on the nurses face makes me look 165/113.... Wth?!? I'm relaxing at my nst and my toddler isn't even here lol!! So she messages the dr and turns off all the lights tells me to close my eyes and relax and don't talk. She waits 10-15 min and does a manual reading 166/105 boo! So my day is already more exciting then I was hoping for... So the dr comes in and tells me they are going to send me up stairs for observation for 24hrs but if my bp doesn't go down or goes higher they will have to send me to a different hospital since they don't deliver babies at the military hospital under 35 weeks. This scared me but I collected myself after crying telling the nurses and drs I was scared and didn't want to deliver my baby now he wasn't ready!! Once I out myself together I called my friend and let her know I was stuck (hubby was deployed at this point) she said it was fine for my son to stay with her for the night so yay!!

I get upstairs they check my cervix since I'm contracting a ton and nada zero, thick, hard. My bp goes down to around 145/95 yay not great but not cause for alarm! So now we just wait and after an hour or so on the monitors they let me off and they just come and check my vitals every few hours. All goes uneventful until 8pm I was watching hgtv hanging out missing my doodle bug (toddler) and the nurse came in took my bp 183/103 well poop!! So she does a manual check 185/99 then things start getting nutty! Drs come in and tell me they are transferring me to another hospital that is equipt to handle preemies. I'm loosing it at this point my hubby is deployed not set to come home till the 18th my son is with a friend I'm alone and scared. The nurses run around hook me up to magnesium and give me iv labatelol to get my bp down. The dr calls an ambulance. I pull myself together and text my aunt she is in Alabama and I'm in Florida but she is my emergency medical contact so I wanted her to know what was up. I told my friend I was being transferred and that I may have a baby tonight. By the time the ambulance arrived I was trying to make the best of everything and keep things light hearted so I asked if we could run the lights to the hospital they two looked at each other shrugged and said sure XD best part of the whole day!!

The meds got my bp back in normal range!! XD so I got to the other hospital they did a bio physical profile and a bedside growth scan baby boy did great on bbp but measured two weeks behind as far as growth they decided my condition was stable and that they would send me to anti partum on bed rest and they would do another ultrasound on Monday to check on growth that they would compare to a growth scan I had at 32 weeks and we would decide my care from there.

4/7/14 (34.4)

Still pregnant!! My aunt decided to take time off work to come stay with my son(she got there on the 4th) !! Soo great!! the Red Cross is sending hubby home from deployment since it is a day by day deal. I'm on a ton of bp meds and my bp is erratic up and down my labs are coming back okish so I'm continuing with pregnancy. I had the growth scan which confirms baby boy is measuring 2weeks behind when he was measuring right on track at 32 weeks but his blood flow looks good and he is doing well on nsts so we decided to continue on with bi weekly nsts and 1week bbp until delivery.

4/14/14 (35.4)

This am it was decided based on labs that I would be induced at 36 weeks based on my labs and the fact that the only reason I wasn't in the severe pre eclamptic range was the amount of bp meds I was receiving. I'm not going to lie I was soo happy to have a date being in the hospital was really depressing! Well as the day goes on my bp starts acting crazy by 5pm it got to 177/108 :-/ the dr comes in and says they think it's best to move the induction to that night... So I called my hubby who was on his way with chineese for for me well boo no dinner for me! He dropped off our toddler with a friend ate dinner packed a bag and came to the hospital.

When I got transferred from anti partum to l&d it was around 6:30 or so they started a new iv since the hep lock I had in antipartum was "too small" checked my cervix still closed up like Fort Knox lol. The hook me up to the monitors and I'm contracting every five min from the cervical check. Around 8pm they insert a foley to start the induction that was unpleasant to say the least but luckily after only 1.5hours of it in (they come in and tug on it every thirty min) it fell out and I was 3cm and 50% woot induction was off to a great start!! After that they started pit at first on 2 but since I started contracting every 2min they bumped it back down to 1 lol! At 12 am I was 4cm and 50%. I was in no pain and went to sleep lol!

4/15/14 (35.5)

They started bumping up the pit after 12am and by 8am I was interested to see if I had made any progress I was still very comfortable I could feel contractions but they didn't feel strong well at 10 when they finally checked me I was still 4cm and 50% despite all the contractions. The dr came In and asked if we wanted to try to take a break get a shower eat lunch and do a cervical softener after that. I agreed since they thought this would be way more effective since my cervix was still pretty thick. They turned the pit off at 11 I got a shower hubby got me food and we hung out they were really busy and it took them quite a while to come back in till 3 they put in the ripener (they called it something with an m come to find out it was cytotec... Not happy about that) anyway after about 3hrs with it in labor started to ramp up and at about 5hrs they came back and checked me 5cm and about 60% at this point I would say contractions were intense but not painful. They broke my water at this point it was about 9:30ish after my water was broken things ramped up and get fuzzy from here I was vocalizing and breathing through contractions I was experiencing back labor and was using the birthing bar to try to keep on top of my contractions I labored in my own world for about an hour and the nurse kept coming in and was saying hey I need you to lay on your side at this point contractions were very very intense!! Baby boy was having heart decelerations with each contraction. The nurse was starting to get worried since my contractions were 380+ pressure every ten min when they like to see 200-280 in that time (I had an internal monitor) I started to feel sick so the dr checked me I was a 6 and thinned out way more but baby was not tolerating labor at this point. They tried to fill the space around him with fluid twice and that didn't help I was getting scared because a few times they lost his hr all together during contractions. I started loosing control the pain was intense the nurse and dr talked and I asked for something to slow the contractions down or make them less intense the nurse was a step ahead of me and had shots of trabutiline (come to find out later they were worried my uterus may rupture) I recieved two shots of trabutiline got checked again since baby was not tolerating things well at all I was a seven. Dr came in said they think it's time for a c section I agreed I was soo scared I knew something was wrong my body labors well even in inductions this was not good! Anestisia came in gave me the section epi took forever to work!! And I could still feel contractions after 20 min or so signed the paperwork for c section. Got the cathadar and my nurse said hey let me check you just ya know to be sure well low and behold I'm 9cm with just a lip and my nurse says if you don't want a section push and we will have a baby! She yelled for the dr and 3min later my sweet baby was born!! Let's just say I didn't want a section and was scared for my baby boy! Apparently my kids are moon gazers both born at night and facing up instead of down lol

4/15/14

11:58pm 4lb 9oz 18.5in long 13in head

Ethan Matthew

He had to stay in the nicu for 8 days to make sure he could eat and grow but is home now and is perfect he nurses great and has his two check up tomorrow I think he is about 6lbs based on my scale we are in love and thinking after all the excitement he may be our last.

May 1st, 2014, 09:29 AM
Kellylovesricky's Avatar & Mikey & Isabella
Awwwww He is just so sweet and teeny tiny! I'm glad you didn't have to end up with the c section! Great job girl!

May 1st, 2014, 04:13 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
Talk about your grand entrances! Glad he is home and healthy

May 1st, 2014, 07:06 PM
Veteran
I don't blame you if you stop at him. I'd be afraid to go through all that again, but at least everything worked out- you had a great support system to help you out and watch your kid, hubby made it back in time to be with you, and baby boy made a last minute move that saved you a major procedure. I give you props for handling being in the hospital for so long. I'd have the worst cabin fever and don't know how I could cope. Glad all is well. And congrats again!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search