Planning to breastfeed or bottle feed?

Forum: Due Date Club of January 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of January 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2014, 06:44 AM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've done both, my 1st had formula, 2nd was breastfed until a little over 7 months old, this one I hope to make it to a year.

I mentioned to someone at work today about breast feeing and got "ew" as a reply. She's 21 and I think at that age I hadn't thought much about breast feeding either and probably thought it was weird.

May 7th, 2014, 07:19 AM
AmyGail's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bottle. I have tried to breastfeed a couple of my babies and it never worked out.

Baby Stonehawk Warrior due January 12th!!!

My name is Amy ~ Mommy to 3
Treston, 20 ~ Tanner, 15 ~ Lali, 4
My little angel babies~ lost 10/2013 @ 7w1d & 3/2014 @ 8w2d
May 7th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first I breastfed until 4 months, went back to work and bottle fed after that. My second I breastfed until 11 months. Nola was breastfed until age 2. I will breastfeed this one too.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

May 7th, 2014, 07:50 AM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
Breastfeed. Ava was breastfed until 7 months & I am hoping to bf this one longer. The bond is irreplaceable.

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
May 7th, 2014, 07:53 AM
MusicFanatic79's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm really set on breastfeeding, so I hope it works for me/us.

May 7th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Regular
I hope to breastfeed, but it probably won't be long. I'm a nurse and I work full time in a hospital. Pumping is not going to be easy.
May 7th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Veteran
I breastfed until 6 months with my first and plan on getting to at least 6 months this time too. Pumping at work is the hardest part of keeping it going.
May 7th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Nayna's Avatar Super Mommy
Breast feeding but, I am on Wellbutrin for my OCD so we will see

Expecting baby Alexander Matos 1/17!
May 7th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I breastfed my daughter until 5.5 months. It did get very difficult pumping at work. I am hoping to BF longer than that this time, but securing a private place to pump will be even harder as now I am in a community office with 30+ cubicles to share with others.

May 7th, 2014, 07:51 PM
Regular
I am nursing a 2.5 yr old now and will until she weans and will of course nurse the baby.
May 7th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Ashley Kralle's Avatar First Time Mommy
I will be bottle feeding. I don't want to breast feed. I know all the information on both and just don't have the desire to breast feed.
May 7th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Kinsma90's Avatar Impatiently Waiting
I was 21 when my daughter was born and I breastfed. I will ebf this one as well.
May 8th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's going to be different for me this time too, with my son I worked at a gym where I could just go to the day care room and nurse him. This time I work at a vet and will have to pump at least once in the morning (I only work until 12).

May 8th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Overjoyed-new-mommy's Avatar Elisha
EBF for the first 6 months and did mix of formula and BM until 9 months, then formula til 1 yr. I work as a nurse also so it was hard to pump. My goal the second time around would be to start pumping right away and freeze more.
rusticbythesea01 likes this.

May 8th, 2014, 05:48 PM
I tried to breastfeed with my son but I couldn't make enough milk for him. I hope to breastfeed with this baby and I want to pump at work so I can keep the supply coming in. I really hope this will work.
May 9th, 2014, 09:38 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Breastfeed. My first was both, but the others have all been breastfed.

May 11th, 2014, 08:38 AM
3plus3's Avatar Regular
I'm going to give BF'ing yet another chance, but more than likely it will be bottle.
May 12th, 2014, 04:40 AM
Sahoko's Avatar Super Mommy
With my first, I started out pumping and supplementing with formula then got lazy and just straight breastfed. Because of him being used to formula and bottles though, it didn't last very long. He ended up refusing to breastfeed/drink breastmilk at all just under 6 months. I was devastated. :'[ This child.. I plan to learn from my mistakes and just feed em boob from the start. Healthier and cheap as dirt.
May 12th, 2014, 10:43 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Super Mommy
I have bf'd all of mine so far. Longer and longer with each one I was 20 when I had my oldest, I grew up in a bf friendly family, it just seemed normal to me. Painful... but normal. #1 BF til about 10 months, but he started biting, even broke the skin leaving teeth marks, so I was done. #2 I made it to 16 months, but my ex husband was hassling me to stop. #3 is currently nursing still, but I would like to wean her a few months before the baby arrives, at least. I cannot tandem nurse. Once she's in her own room (currently have a little 2bd, so she's still next to our bed), I don't think it'll be hard to wean. She only nurses at nap/bed/middle of the night, and eats everything else we do. If I don't go into the room at night, she sleeps through with no problems.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

May 13th, 2014, 04:42 AM
Veteran
i've done both as well. my DD1 i only BF for 19 days, and the last week or so of that i was mixed-feeding. we just couldn't get to grips with it; i don't regret it per se because i know i did my best but it is a shame that we didn't get our breastfeeding act together.

you can say i more than made up for it though because i nursed DD2 past her fourth birthday before you write me off as a complete loon i didn't set out to do it that long; we got to 6mo & i thought "let's go to a year" and then we got to a year and i thought "why stop?". she loved it, it wasn't an imposition for me (I was working then but only weekends for most of the year then fulltime @ Christmas) and we thought we'd just carry it along until she self-weaned.

as it happened, she never did; i had to make the break in the end as i had literally no milk left and it was just painful. she's still cross with me LOL

so obviously that's a hard act to follow but i'll do my best to BF this one for as long as possible too. i also trained as a breastfeeding peer supporter for women in the community so i know where to go for advice if we do run into any trouble

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search