Did you tell everyone you are pregnant?

Forum: Due Date Club of January 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gretabear13

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of January 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Regular
Hi ladies, So happy to have a group to keep in touch throughout this 9 months! My EDD is 01/03/15. My parents and sister know about my pregnancy but we have not told my husband's family yet. I am going to dinner on Mother's Day with my in laws. I always have wine with my sister in laws, so I'm worried everyone will call me out about not having any. I really wanted to wait until after my first appointment (in two weeks) before telling them. What do you think I should do? Thanks!
Kinsma90 likes this.
May 7th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Nayna's Avatar Super Mommy
I think it's a wonderful thing to tell them on Mother's day.

Expecting baby Alexander Matos 1/17!
May 7th, 2014, 03:00 PM
MusicFanatic79's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Totally personal preference! Everyone tells at different times

I've told my parents, in-laws, siblings and best friend. Telling the grandparents on Mothers Day. And the whole world around 12 weeks.

May 8th, 2014, 06:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Do what you're comfortable with.

We've told our parents and siblings and DH's grandparents. I've told my closest friends and I had to tell my two co-workers because I kept going to the bathroom and I got really sick one day after a stinky client came by the office.

I'm waiting to announce on FB until probably 10-12 weeks. Then I'll tell my boss and other co-workers around 12 weeks.

May 8th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
If you don't want to tell and you are worried about them calling you out, just tell them that your stomach is bothering you or you have a headache and aren't up to a glass.

I've told my parents and siblings, but he hasn't told his yet.

May 8th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Above all do what you are comfortable with, but I say tell them

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

May 8th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
If you aren't comfortable telling them then don't. I am 3weeks6days today and am obviously still not out of the woods so I have only told my sister that lives with us, my SIL that I am incredibly close to, my DH, and my best friend. If my beta numbers come back okay we will likely tell everyone else the end of May (I will actually see the rest of my family in person then) when I am about 6 weeks. I would do whatever you are comfortable with. If they ask about no wine say you aren't feeling well or you are taking antibiotics so you cant etc...

May 8th, 2014, 09:33 AM
E_P_Baby_Makes_3's Avatar E <3 P waiting on 3
We've told a few people, very close friends - but we have not told everyone yet. Our plan is to tell our extended families the weekend of July 4th. We tried for almost 3 years to get pregnant, so I'm still so nervous to tell everyone. I don't think it will feel real until we go to our first ultrasound appointment next Thursday.

Anyway - as a fellow counselor, I can tell you that people work really well with redirection! ha. So for example, if someone comments about you not drinking wine, you can give them a reason and then quickly redirect them. "Why aren't you drinking wine tonight?" "I went out with friends last night, and just felt like something different. When was the last time you saw, (insert random friend here." They may be suspicious .. but they'll quickly move on (hopefully).
May 8th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We told our parents, DH's grandparents (they just happened to be there when we told his parents), my sister, and my boss at work so he knows why I won't be lifting things, and a few coworkers so they could help me out with stuff at work. Other than that we don't plan on telling anyone else until 12 weeks or so.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

May 8th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Overjoyed-new-mommy's Avatar Elisha
We told my immediate family and his parents about our pregnancy in December and ended up having m/c in January. It was nice to have the support but I'm waiting for a while with this one...Will see who figures it out first

May 8th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Kinsma90's Avatar Impatiently Waiting
To each his own. I've known people not tell until they knew the gender, and I've known some who didn't tell til after birth. Personally, I can't even hold it in until the stick is dry. lol
May 9th, 2014, 05:47 AM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
What does your dh think you should do? Me, personally, would play it by ear, but I'm loud, so I'd probably just blurt it out when I tell them I'll pass on the wine.

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
May 9th, 2014, 09:54 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I think there may be people who find out in January in my life. I think I'll wait a while. Nobody will be all that excited for me. Excitement goes down each kid I've noticed and well, this is number 6.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search