Names?

Forum: Due Date Club of January 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By MusicFanatic79
  • 1 Post By Hopingfor1soon
  • 1 Post By Tiff802
  • 3 Post By AmyGail
  • 2 Post By Nayna
  • 2 Post By Kellans_mom
  • 2 Post By humnck

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of January 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know this is early but have you and your SO been talking about baby names?

We are unusual I feel, in that we pick out names ASAP. It's sort of ridiculous how obsessed we become and how fast we pick out names. We are toying with 2 boys names right now Declan and Ronan but I am not sure if I am super sold on either of them. Declan was going to be Nola's name if she was a boy and I loved it then but it has become a bit more popular (using that term loosely, lol). We have friends with a little boy named Roman and I Ronan is so close, so....

I have a few girl names I like, Meara and Matilda (Tilda for short) being the 2 front runners.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

May 8th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We also like to pick out names right away, and we actually have set our boy name as Declan Patrick lol! I've loved the name for while but DH had to let it grow on him a bit, luckily it did so we are stuck on that one.

As for a girl, we have no clue. DH likes Brooklyn, but I'm not sold. I'm still looking for the right name. For DS if he were a girl we were going to name him Audrey but I'm not crazy about it anymore.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

May 8th, 2014, 10:14 AM
MusicFanatic79's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can you all pass us this vibe for naming early? I'm afraid we'll be at the hospital and they'll be like "Ok, we REALLY need the name to put on the birth certificate..."

We are discussing names. Our issue is that we actually like too many. Boys won't be an issue as much, not as many we looove. Girl? Forget it. We have a list of like 35.

Thankfully, we have similar tastes. And we do have some in the top running (kinda) but we're nowhere close to final names.
Tiff802 and rusticbythesea01 like this.

May 8th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
I am name obsessed! I am waiting for my beta tomorrow first though. I am just so scared still of getting too excited.

However, DH and I talk names from time to time anyways when a name comes up that we like. Here are my top few (although DH hasn't approved them all yet! haha). They will likely change in a month though. haha

Boys: Myles, Carson, and Gavin are at the top of my list right now.

Girls: Adalynn which I have loved since I was a little girl, but its soooo popular now, Kaitlyn, Emma, and Allison.
Tiff802 likes this.

May 8th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilHerndon View Post
We also like to pick out names right away, and we actually have set our boy name as Declan Patrick lol! I've loved the name for while but DH had to let it grow on him a bit, luckily it did so we are stuck on that one.

As for a girl, we have no clue. DH likes Brooklyn, but I'm not sold. I'm still looking for the right name. For DS if he were a girl we were going to name him Audrey but I'm not crazy about it anymore.
Hahaha! That is awesome!!! We might have name twins Although, if it's a boy the middle name is going to be Wade, after my dad's middle name.
LilHerndon likes this.

See my growing belly!

May 8th, 2014, 11:17 AM
AmyGail's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have had names that we like for a while since this is my 3rd pregnancy in 7 months....

For a boy we like Stone Tomahawk. We are both Native American and my husbands name is Skake Sequoyah Windwalker (2 middle names) so he wants a different name if we have a son.

For a girls name I like Luvi Rose, but have recently heard of the name Halo. So now I am torn.

Baby Stonehawk Warrior due January 12th!!!

My name is Amy ~ Mommy to 3
Treston, 20 ~ Tanner, 15 ~ Lali, 4
My little angel babies~ lost 10/2013 @ 7w1d (June DDC) & 3/2014 @ 8w2d (Oct DDC)
May 8th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Nayna's Avatar Super Mommy
For a boy we are going with Alexander Matos. Our girl will be Alice, pronounced the brazilian way (Uh-lee-see) with Morgan as her middle name.
Tiff802 and rusticbythesea01 like this.

Expecting baby Alexander Matos 1/17!
May 8th, 2014, 07:00 PM
We are named obsessed already too. We picked the name Kordai. Haven't thought of a middle name yet and we don't pick girls names because this isn't a girl lol
Tiff802 and Kinsma90 like this.
May 8th, 2014, 07:34 PM
^ hahaha. That really made me lol.

See my growing belly!

May 8th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Kinsma90's Avatar Impatiently Waiting
We have been tossing around names all through TTC, so we have really been talking about it since BFP. Nickson James if it is a boy. Same boy name we picked for DD. We were so sure she was a boy we didn't have a girl name until 20 weeks & didn't even wind up using that one. She was almost a week old before she got a name and it is just now starting to grown on me two years later. haha

I'm pretty confident my boy name will stick since it's been 3 years but my girl name is almost certainly going to change a million times. lol
NTNP 2/2012. TTC 7/2012. ATTC 1/2013. TTCMA 01/2014.
MA Cycle #1 400mg Prometrium. CD1 2/7. 50mg Clomid CD 3-7. BFN.
MA Cycle #2 CD1 4/3. 100mg Clomid CD 3-7. BFP 4/25 @ 3w2d.
EDD 1/6/15. Dx ICP @ 32wks. DS born 12/22/14 @ 37w5d.
May 9th, 2014, 06:54 AM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
Df brought up the subject of what names I like a couple nights ago actually, and I told him I don't want to think of names until we go for the u/s because last time, I miscarried, and we had a list of names already. Still have that list but I'm not peeking yet! And, like Erika, we have lots of girls names, but only a few boys!

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
May 9th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
With DD, we didn't even discuss names until after we knew the gender. Then DH was no help. I made a list of all the ones I liked and told him to scratch out the NOs and star the yes/maybes. He put 3 starts next to my favorite one. And then she was named.

I am hoping we have a boy this time and boy names are so much harder.

May 9th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have had a boy name picked out for a while, although we are starting to think we might change it. It was going to be James Kaiden (call him Kaiden), but I really like Keagan, although that has become popular. We want a K name because both of our grandfathers were James K. - mine was James Kieran (my niece's name is Kieran) and his was James Kermit (before the frog was named that). Both were also Irish, so we are trying to stick with that.

For a girl, we really have no clue. I like the name Quinn, but no clue what would go with it so I don't know if we will use it. DH likes it too so that may very well end up being her name because we are both convinced that we are destined to have all girls
Tiff802 and Ashley Kralle like this.

May 9th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Veteran
We didn't know DS gender until birth so I am sticking to Giuliana (Pronounced Julie Ana) Marie for a girl.

For a boy I like Dominic and Giovani so far but that will change.
May 9th, 2014, 10:49 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I hated how long it took to pick names this last time with Terra. We don't have names though.

May 10th, 2014, 08:19 PM
Kinsma90's Avatar Impatiently Waiting
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicFanatic79 View Post
Can you all pass us this vibe for naming early? I'm afraid we'll be at the hospital and they'll be like "Ok, we REALLY need the name to put on the birth certificate..."
That is exactly what happened to us. Except our issues was that we were set on a boy name but didn't like ANY girl name. The nicu was paging our room constantly asking for a name and I finally just gave up and threw the phone to DH and said, you do it! I had not slept in literally a week. I wasn't in the position for pressure. lol. And that is how we wound up with Kinlee. I asked DH almost every day for a year if we could change it. I eventually gave up and tried to find things to like about it after she started answering to it.

At least you have a list of names you both love to chose from after you can look at her and gauge which one suits her most.
NTNP 2/2012. TTC 7/2012. ATTC 1/2013. TTCMA 01/2014.
MA Cycle #1 400mg Prometrium. CD1 2/7. 50mg Clomid CD 3-7. BFN.
MA Cycle #2 CD1 4/3. 100mg Clomid CD 3-7. BFP 4/25 @ 3w2d.
EDD 1/6/15. Dx ICP @ 32wks. DS born 12/22/14 @ 37w5d.
May 10th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Regular
I already have a Mayleigh and I am totally stuck on Mylah (My-lah) if it is a girl. Thought I wonder if it weird to have a Mayleigh and a Mylah. MY husband says they sound too close to one another.

I like Trey Alexander for a boy for a long time. But after the Treyvon Martin media frenzy I can't do it now. So no boy names yet.
May 11th, 2014, 04:12 AM
MusicFanatic79's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsma90 View Post

At least you have a list of names you both love to chose from after you can look at her and gauge which one suits her most.
I actually think DH wants to do this, regardless. Have a small list and decide when we see him/her and see what we feel suits them. But we'll see. Thankfully, we have time!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search