Recipe Swap

Forum: Due Date Club of January 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mrs Arena

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of January 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Veteran
I am looking for quick/easy/healthy recipes for the entire family. I am hoping we can start a thread with our favorites.

My quick and easy (Kind of healthy) is Chicken Parmesan Casserole:

4boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces1 3/4cups marinara sauce3tablespoons chopped fresh basil1 1/2cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 oz)6tablespoons butter, melted1teaspoon Italian seasoning1can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated garlic breadsticks1/2cup grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oven to 375°F. In 12x8-inch (2-quart) ceramic or glass baking dish, arrange chicken. Pour marinara sauce over top to coat chicken. Sprinkle with basil and mozzarella cheese.In small bowl, stir together melted butter and Italian seasoning.Separate dough into 8 breadsticks. Dip dough into melted butter mixture. Cut each breadstick into 1-inch pieces; scatter pieces over mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over dough.Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F) and cheese melted and bubbly.
rusticbythesea01 likes this.
May 8th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yum, sounds good. One of my favorite, easy meals is a chicken salad served in a lettuce wrap but you can of course eat it on whatever you would like. It's also thrown together, nothing being measured so I don't know if this helpful or not. But I always grill a ton of chicken on Monday and I use it in recipes throughout the week. I use about 2 chicken breasts shredded, blueberries, strawberries, celery, apples, onions, chopped walnuts, salt and pepper and then instead of mayo I mash up avocados and put it in there. I could seriously eat it everyday. Lol.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

May 8th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Kinsma90's Avatar Impatiently Waiting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiff802 View Post
Yum, sounds good. One of my favorite, easy meals is a chicken salad served in a lettuce wrap but you can of course eat it on whatever you would like. It's also thrown together, nothing being measured so I don't know if this helpful or not. But I always grill a ton of chicken on Monday and I use it in recipes throughout the week. I use about 2 chicken breasts shredded, blueberries, strawberries, celery, apples, onions, chopped walnuts, salt and pepper and then instead of mayo I mash up avocados and put it in there. I could seriously eat it everyday. Lol.
I LOVE deli salads in a lettuce wrap. Omg. I use sour cream instead of mayo, though. But stilll. So yummy.

I'm trying to get more veggies with less processed stuff this week so I'm making chicken pot pie from scratch but I'm not about to make pie crust from scratch so I'm doing a biscuit top instead of crust. Not the most healthy for sure but at least better than pizza or Gen Tso's, which is whatI had last week. lol

May 9th, 2014, 06:10 AM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
Mmm....I just made chicken parm with spaghetti the other night! One of fave dishes! I will definately try your chicken parm casserole, my mouth is watering from reading your recipe & its only 9 a.m.! Dinner time needs to hurry up!

I have lots of recipes....most are italian dishes with pasta. One my df loves, is my chicken alfredo. I make it very garlicy.

Just buy chicken strips and throw them in a pan with a little oil and butter on medium low heat. Season the the tops of them with a little salt, pepper, & italian seasoning, flip them after a few minutes or so, depending on how thick they are, cook on other side. Remove them from pan and set them on a plate and set aside.

Throw in the pan & let simmer on low for about 20 minutes:

3 splashes of olive oil
3 or 4 big of pats of butter
5 or 6 finely chopped cloves of garlic
salt
pepper
italian seasoning
a splash of milk
2 dallops of sour cream
a few shakes of parm cheese

Mix it and let it simmer with the lid on until it smells garlicy. I don't measure anything so you can add ingredients and taste it, and add more of something if you like.

Cut the chicken into cubes and throw them in the sauce, it should be pretty thick after you add the parm cheese. Stir it, let the chicken get hot for a few minutes, then throw it over fettuccine or any kind of noodles. Soo good!

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
May 9th, 2014, 09:04 AM
I am on day 10 of a paleo style diet, no dairy, no processed foods, no unnatural sugars, blah, blah, blah Basically just fruits, veggies, meats, nuts, seeds, natural oils and eggs. It does make me feel so incredibly good though. I was looking forward to my cheat day on Saturday and honestly I don't even want to cheat now. I feel like my body just detoxed and I no longer am craving carbs or sugar. I am in the process of transitioning my family into this lifestyle. I have apple crisps going in the oven right now for when they get home from school. Hope they like them!

So, your chicken pot pie recommendation makes me want to google a paleo recipe for that! I have almond flour and coconut flour so I am sure there is a good recipe out there for that!

Anyone else eat Paleo?

See my growing belly!

May 9th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiff802 View Post
I am on day 10 of a paleo style diet, no dairy, no processed foods, no unnatural sugars, blah, blah, blah Basically just fruits, veggies, meats, nuts, seeds, natural oils and eggs. It does make me feel so incredibly good though. I was looking forward to my cheat day on Saturday and honestly I don't even want to cheat now. I feel like my body just detoxed and I no longer am craving carbs or sugar. I am in the process of transitioning my family into this lifestyle. I have apple crisps going in the oven right now for when they get home from school. Hope they like them!

So, your chicken pot pie recommendation makes me want to google a paleo recipe for that! I have almond flour and coconut flour so I am sure there is a good recipe out there for that!

Anyone else eat Paleo?
I tried to do Paleo but i like cheese to much

Good for you! There are a lot of good paleo recipes. Now that I have had gastric surgery I have to eat mostly protein.
May 9th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Arena View Post
I tried to do Paleo but i like cheese to much

Good for you! There are a lot of good paleo recipes. Now that I have had gastric surgery I have to eat mostly protein.
Eventually I will reintroduce dairy, only raw though, but yes, that's the worst part of it, no cheese! My husband isn't really on board with the whole no cheese thing. lol.

See my growing belly!

May 9th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Kinsma90's Avatar Impatiently Waiting
I usually avoid red meat but I've been really wanting steak today.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search