C-sections

Forum: Due Date Club of January 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tiff802
  • 1 Post By Kinsma90

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of January 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Veteran
So last time i had a baby i had a c-section.. i'll be having another one.. the thing is im due around the 9th of january and if they do a c-section around 38 weeks, that would put it around christmas time.. does anyone know if it would be more likely to be scheduled before or after christmas?
Is anyone else having a c-section?

Ellie and wife.
Mums to DS - 7 and expecting their second due Jan 7th 2015

It's A Boy!!
May 9th, 2014, 05:44 AM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
I'm not sure when they would schedule it for you. I guess it would depend on how big baby is and everything. I have not had one though.

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
May 9th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can always request that you go into labor first and then they will just be on call for your c-section? That way you still get the excitement of going into labor, and you and your baby still get the benefit of those natural hormones released. Just a suggestion in case you are open to it.
Ap Mom likes this.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

May 9th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Regular
The recommendation is to wait until at least 39 weeks to schedule a section. Letting baby pick his or his own birthday is a great idea and great for baby and for you. Then you have the c-section when you arrive at the hospital in labor, unless VBAC is not an option.
May 9th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Kinsma90's Avatar Impatiently Waiting
In the almost certain event I get ICP again, I will deliver early again and not be a candidate for vbac. If by some miracle I do not, that will be a different ball game so I can't really answer yet.
Tiff802 likes this.
May 10th, 2014, 03:59 AM
Oh my goodness, I had cholestasis during the last 6 weeks of my last pregnancy!!! What a freakin nightmare!!! I know you may not believe this, as all of the doctors told me there wasn't a cure for it! A combination of my research and my midwife's advice I was able to reverse it and keep it at bay! I was on a special liver cleansing diet, a strict liver cleansing diet! I even have numbers from liver panels to prove it! Some of my liver enzymes were tripled the average number and after 2 weeks of being on this diet they were back down to NORMAL! Absolutely amazing!!! After 2 days of the diet I had itching relief and if I ate one single little hamburger I itched for the rest of the day! Anyhow, I plan on starting the juicing part of the diet soon and I am sure when I go to my first midwife's appt she will put me back on the supplements for preventative measures. I would love to share the whole diet with you if you are interested! I know what a horrible nightmare this can be! BTW, I ended up giving birth naturally at 41 weeks to a healthy 9 lbs, 4 oz baby girl!!!

See my growing belly!

May 10th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Kinsma90's Avatar Impatiently Waiting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiff802 View Post
Oh my goodness, I had cholestasis during the last 6 weeks of my last pregnancy!!! What a freakin nightmare!!! I know you may not believe this, as all of the doctors told me there wasn't a cure for it! A combination of my research and my midwife's advice I was able to reverse it and keep it at bay! I was on a special liver cleansing diet, a strict liver cleansing diet! I even have numbers from liver panels to prove it! Some of my liver enzymes were tripled the average number and after 2 weeks of being on this diet they were back down to NORMAL! Absolutely amazing!!! After 2 days of the diet I had itching relief and if I ate one single little hamburger I itched for the rest of the day! Anyhow, I plan on starting the juicing part of the diet soon and I am sure when I go to my first midwife's appt she will put me back on the supplements for preventative measures. I would love to share the whole diet with you if you are interested! I know what a horrible nightmare this can be! BTW, I ended up giving birth naturally at 41 weeks to a healthy 9 lbs, 4 oz baby girl!!!
I honestly don't think a diet alone would help me b/c I have preexisting liver issues and my liver was already not tolerating pregnancy well before I even developed ICP. By the time I was 31 weeks, My liver enzymes were over 1,000 but went back down to under 200 after less than two weeks the Rx combination they gave me and back under 45 a short while after that.
(I think it was something like Actigall, benadryl, muscle relaxer, steroid, and vitamin K & the benadryl and muscle relaxer were just as needed for itching).

I'm surprised they told you there was no treatment b/c other ICP moms were given Urso as well to reduce bile salts & if left untreated, the consequences can be devastating. Glad you found something that works on your own!

I also had a hint of Pre-E with DD, so they induced me at 35w6d with her but I refuse to deliver before (or after) 37wks next time, unless the situation is critical. I have heard of some moms being able to carry to term on ICP but with our history, I'm just not comfortable risking it. But to each his own.
May 10th, 2014, 07:45 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Here they wouldn't do a c-section unless you were 39 weeks.

May 10th, 2014, 07:48 PM
I was very nervous going this route. My midwife told me that there was nothing to lose trying the diet for a couple of weeks seeing the progress, keeping an eye on what was going on with my liver. If it didn't work or if I was too scared I could always go the medication route. Through lots of prayer and guidance everything worked out great and I chose my midwife for a reason. I had faith in her knowledge so I just went with it. So glad I did. The doctors said no cure, not no treatment. They told me about the medications and I chose to medicate myself naturally first with herbal supplements and dietary changes to see if it worked and it did, thankfully. And believe me, I know all about the itching, I was up for hours on end scratching, almost used a cheese grater one time until my husband freaked out. And also, I really did get totally freaked out every time I looked online about anything ICP related or spoke to any doctors about it. It was very hard making that choice.

I understand your point of view and I am completely not trying to offend you or anything, just voicing where my mind was and wanting you to know that I did what I thought was right for me and my baby regardless of what the doctors were saying about what might possibly happen with no treatment. Which they thought that if I didn't do it their way, with their prescriptions, I wasn't being treated. I know that "a change in diet" sounds minimal but this was a lesson for me as to how diet affects every part of our being, our bodies, how everything is functioning and developing. My family has a history of liver problems and gall bladder problems. Some of my family has chosen to remove their gallbladders while others, after having massive attacks, doctors telling them the stones were too large to pass, decided to go through with cleanses and dietary changes that were successful. They were an inspiration to me as well. Anyhow, like I said, I hope my reply isn't offensive in any way to you. Like you said, to each their own and I am all about supporting women in whatever they chose to do with their bodies and their babies.

See my growing belly!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search