SCARED, Nervous, Feeling Everything - U/S Update

Forum: Due Date Club of January 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of January 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies!
So I went in for my first prenatal appt with my doc and since I have a history of ectopic pregnancies she wanted to do an u/s, which I had assumed. I have been nervous all week about this, and according to my ovulation date I should be somewhere around 6 weeks 2 days, give or take a day or two of course. So I was somewhat hopeful to see the heartbeat, but I know it's not a definite. I was definitely not expecting what we got though.

So we started the u/s and I saw the sac, but no baby, so the doc said it was just really early for the u/s. She moved it a little and I finally saw the yolk sac (whew!), which was perfectly round and looked good, she said she almost saw a fetal pole and maybe a flicker for a heart, but it was hard to tell. But then she moved a bit and said "it seems like there's another yolk sac...or I guess maybe a random membrane?" Upon further inspection - it looks like another yolk sac! WHAT. THE. NATURAL. TWINS?! It's just a possibility right now, but there is something in that sac with my obvious yolk sac that looks astonishing like another yolk sac lol. Doctor was hesitant to say twins, but she agreed that there MIGHT be 2. Look at pic below, it's hard to see, but there is something on the right of the obvious yolk sac! What do you think?

That being said, I am terrified. Is this enough development for 6 weeks? Do twins develop a little slower? Should I be seeing more? I go back in 2 weeks to make sure there is development, and the next 2 weeks are going to CRAWL by. UGH!
jaychrysalis likes this.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

May 14th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh. My. Goodness!!! How awesome! I will be anxiously awaiting any update you have to bring us!!! I don't know anything about twins, but I am routing for you!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

May 14th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The heart starts beating around the 6 week mark, so that could be perfectly normal. That could definitely be twins, but I am no expert! She won't do an u/s next week? By then you should likely see a hb and what not.

I hope the time flies by for you! I have my 2nd u/s tomorrow to follow up to look for a hb, I'm so nervous and this day alone seems to be dragging!

May 14th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think she wants to make sure we can determine if it's twins or not so she wants a lot more development and is waiting 2 weeks for it. I don't know. It may be worth my $18 copay to go to urgent care and check on this next week lol!

May 14th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Ninky's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think you're right on target, regardless of twins. When I had my first ultrasound with DD, I think I was like 5 or 6 weeks, you could barely see anything. There was a fetal pole and the little dot that she was, and that was pretty much it.

You're still really early, don't be too worried.
Looking forward to your update in 2 weeks though!

Pounds Lost Before Our Second Miracle: 57

May 14th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilHerndon View Post
I think she wants to make sure we can determine if it's twins or not so she wants a lot more development and is waiting 2 weeks for it. I don't know. It may be worth my $18 copay to go to urgent care and check on this next week lol!
Does your Urgent Care have u/s? I don't think ours does...you could call your doc next week and just say that you are worried and ask if they can bump your u/s. I would do that or go to Urgent Care if they have U/S, because I am like you

May 14th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not positive my urgent care does have u/s but I really think they do. But I'd have to lie to urgent care saying I had pains or something, so maybe if I beg the doc I can get in or I just suck it up and figure all is well lol. I'm just worried that we didn't see the heartbeat(s) and it was hard to tell if there were fetal poles. UGH!

May 14th, 2014, 11:37 AM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
Aweeee!!!! What a sweet little pic! And omg, possibly 2?!?! AHHH!!! This is actually pretty spot on for an u/s this early You won't see much (if anything really LOL!).

<3

<3
May 14th, 2014, 04:48 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Super Mommy
That's pretty much what my u/s looked like on monday, you couldn't really see anything at all. Definitely my earliest u/s ever (they needed to figure out how far along I was)... Everything is nerve wracking these first few months.

Can't wait to hear your updates!

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

May 14th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Ashley Kralle's Avatar First Time Mommy
I have no clue what I am looking at with the u/s but TWINS sounds like tons of fun!!! Can't wait to hear updates! I would totally push for a sooner u/s. I'm also super impatient!
May 14th, 2014, 05:09 PM
AmyGail's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG! I totally see it!!! Bless your heart that you have 2 loooong weeks ahead of you! How exciting!!!

Baby Stonehawk Warrior due January 12th!!!

My name is Amy ~ Mommy to 3
Treston, 20 ~ Tanner, 15 ~ Lali, 4
My little angel babies~ lost 10/2013 @ 7w1d & 3/2014 @ 8w2d
May 14th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Veteran
Oh wow!!! Congrats and hopefully there is growth. Will you be happy if there is two?

Ellie and wife.
Mums to DS - 7 and expecting their second due Jan 2nd 2015
May 14th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks so much ladies, I really appreciate any and all input. We would be ecstatic if there were 2, even though it would be much harder on us financially. We would definitely be done with having kiddos, but I have always wanted 3 so a large part of me would be very ok with getting the last 2 done in one fell swoop lol. I am just very scared that they aren't developing enough for their age (if there's even 2 lol!), so trying to wrap my mind around everything and not get too excited or too upset. Lots of feelings!

May 14th, 2014, 07:23 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Super Mommy
I think twins usually develop a bit slower, and are smaller... but that's just what I've picked up on from friends with twins. But this early in... there's not much to see... mine was a black blob, and a little bean, I couldn't pick out what I was seeing either. I'm jealous that you get another u/s in 2 weeks... I'm antsy about my next, which I don't expect for a couple months.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

May 15th, 2014, 03:58 AM
Nayna's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh I hope you do have healthy twins!

Expecting baby Alexander Matos 1/17!
May 15th, 2014, 04:56 AM
Veteran
i totally don't know what i'm looking for on the ultrasound - but if twins means seeing two little circles inside the big oval shape then yup, i see it too!

hope waiting for the next scan isn't too hard. try not to worry too hard about whether or not everything's developing 'on time'; there's always a wee bit of natural variation in these things. keep us posted!
May 15th, 2014, 05:22 AM
socialworkmom2be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Identical twins!! I was told that there is a possibility of seeingnot hing at 6w which is why they made me come in at 7w and not a day sooner. Even at 7w the heartbeat is hard to see

Oopsie Cycle - August 2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
TTC Cycle #1 - chemical pregnancy
TTC Cycle #2 - Chemical pregnancy
TTC Cycle #3 - RE consultation and blood work, normal HSG.
Cycle #4 - Planning on WTTC, but was surprised with a BFP 4/11/14. First beta on 4/15/14 @ 12 DPO= 154.2, beta on 4/17/14 @ 14 DPO was 459.1, beta on 4/23/14 @ 20 DPO = 6,195!

After 3 early losses I am cautiously expecting a Christmas miracle.

Our son, Roen Kitt, is due 12/21/2014!!!
May 15th, 2014, 05:36 AM
How exciting!! possible twins!!! I hope and pray things go very positive for the little bean(s).
May 15th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats, how exciting! Fingers crossed that the next two weeks fly by (I would also push to get in sooner)
May 15th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Jeany
No reason to be terrified if nothing else you know 100% there's a healthy baby in there the sacred looks perfectly round and if in a couple weeks you find out its twins even more blessings

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search