Anyone else NOT make an appt yet?

Forum: Due Date Club of January 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of January 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Overjoyed-new-mommy's Avatar Elisha
I'm a little behind it seems. I haven't even called for an appt yet. We don't typically get u/s until 20 wks unless they can't find hb with a doppler. The doc doesn't even see me until 10 weeks or so. I could meet with the ob nurse but it's a small town and she's my cousin Haven't shared the news with any other family so I'm not ready for her to know. Also, with the m/c in January I had to have an u/s to tell me what I already knew and it cost over $1500. Anyone else not going in right away??

May 15th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my! 1500! That's crazy!!!

I haven't had mine yet either. My first appt. will not be until 12 weeks.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

May 15th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Jeany
Wow that's expensive, luckily my insurance covers all procedures. No appointment yet but going in for bloodwork Monday

May 15th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Regular
I have only been in to the lab for blood work because I have a history of low progesterone. Nurse said she is scheduling me a sonar when she calls Tuesday, but I'm not doing one this early.
May 15th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Overjoyed-new-mommy's Avatar Elisha
My deductible had just started over so we had to pay out of pocket....

May 15th, 2014, 06:07 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I wasn't in any hurry to make an appointment in one way, but just doing it one of the only parts I felt I could control.

May 15th, 2014, 06:16 PM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
$1500 is crazy! I hope you won't have a ton of expenses for the whole pregnancy! I'd probably wait a bit too if my cousin was the ob nurse and we hadn't told the family yet.

I haven't called yet, but I just found out 2 days ago. I'll call next week though. Normally, he asks me to come in at 8 weeks, but I am not sure if he will do anything different because of the miscarriage.

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Second Anatomy Scan 9/19, Next Appointment 10/1

May 15th, 2014, 07:14 PM
jmomma2_4's Avatar Jill
I haven't made an appt. I just inquired via email about a birth center and got a few questions answered. Waiting for next week and/or insurance to go through. If it doesn't come through yet I'll see if I can at least make my appt. They see you between 8-10 weeks. If you are doing the scan/test at 12 they go with 8. I prob won't so I'll be looking into a 9-10 week appt.
May 15th, 2014, 07:23 PM
MusicFanatic79's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol I called the morning I found out. I was kinda eager.

May 15th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Wow, that's a lot of money! I haven't made an appointment yet but plan on doing so sometime next week when I'm a little farther along. I'm excited though because I found a hospital with a great maternity clinic!

May 16th, 2014, 04:18 AM
Ninky's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I made my appointment when my BFP was clear as day (the 2nd day!). It's not until June 10th though.

Other than that, I've just been doing blood work.

Pounds Lost Before Our Second Miracle: 57

May 16th, 2014, 04:23 AM
Jeany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninky View Post
I made my appointment when my BFP was clear as day (the 2nd day!). It's not until June 10th though.

Other than that, I've just been doing blood work.
hey due date buddy

May 16th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow that is so expensive! I had bloodwork done yesterday due to low progestrone in my previous pregnancies but don't see my doc until 8 weeks.
May 16th, 2014, 07:55 AM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
I waited about a wk or so to make my appt. I have my first prenatal & u/s appt at 9 wks.

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
May 16th, 2014, 01:15 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
I haven't made an appt yet either lol I'm behind

<3

<3
May 16th, 2014, 05:18 PM
mandy312's Avatar Veteran
I was starting to think I was the only one! I haven't made an appointment yet because I'm going to be out of state for a couple months with family, leaving in a few days. I'll just wait until I get back, or try to find someone up home that takes my insurance.

May 16th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Veteran
Mine is set for June 2. I I'll be around 7 weeks 4 days!

I have been married since 2007, we have 3 awesome little boys (ages: 6,4 &2).I am excited to be expecting #4, however this will for sure be my last. I am going to eat, fuss, cry and enjoy every minute of this last pregnancy

May 17th, 2014, 02:09 AM
Veteran
no, i haven't booked myself in with anyone yet either...i think i'm a bit reluctant because i've had 40+ day cycles recently so the fact that i haven't had a period for 37 days doesn't automatically mean i'm pregnant - the 4 BFPs i've had do but i still can't quite believe it!

i need to phone my Dr on Monday; i'm going to ask the receptionist when i call if i can bypass them & go straight to the midwife because it's all a bit of an anticlimax really. you go in, tell the Dr you're pregnant, they say "that's nice" and you get a midwife appointment through in the post.

then the midwife appointment itself is loooooooooooooong but i was actually really impressed with it second time around; they'd significantly changed the forms you had to go through & i was asked all sorts of questions about relationships and emotions etc. i could really have done with that when i was pregnant with DD1 (long story). it's the bloods i hate the most - i have terrible veins so you either get someone intrepid who's willing to keep sticking me til it collapses the veins in my hand or i have to make a separate appt with phlebotomy, where there's a perpetual queue.
May 19th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll call in July to make my appointment. My midwife is aware of the pregnancy already though...
May 19th, 2014, 11:43 PM
Kinsma90's Avatar Impatiently Waiting
Our is usually 8wks but since I was MA and am HR my doc requested 6. I was nervous to go early but got a fine HB and measurement!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search