Spotting? Doctor follow up?

Forum: Due Date Club of January 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of January 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Hello ladies! I just found out I was pregnant on May 16 with 2 pregnancy tests because I was feeling nauseous. We have been trying for about a year and a half... so needless to say we are excited! According to the calculations, i'm due Jan 22 and i'm 4 weeks and 3 days. I have been spotting since Thursday. Does anyone know how long the spotting last for? Exactly when do I have to go to the doctor for blood work?
May 18th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Ninky's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not sure how long spotting can last, but it can be normal.

I called my doctor as soon as I got my BFP last week, which was 4w2d. Then they sent me for blood work.

I'd just call them up tomorrow!

Pounds Lost Before Our Second Miracle: 57

May 18th, 2014, 01:36 PM
jmomma2_4's Avatar Jill
I'd def just call tom in the morn to see what they have to say and determine if they'd like you to come in sooner than later.
May 18th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations and welcome! I agree with the others and call just to see if they want to see you soon. KUP

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

May 18th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Jeany
I had minor spotting for two days but not enough to fill a panty liner. It freaked me out as well . Call your doc

May 18th, 2014, 07:27 PM
Veteran
I would call tomorrow morning and let them assure you that everything is going great!

I have been married since 2007, we have 3 awesome little boys (ages: 6,4 &2).I am excited to be expecting #4, however this will for sure be my last. I am going to eat, fuss, cry and enjoy every minute of this last pregnancy

May 18th, 2014, 07:48 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Spotting is completely normal. As long as it isn't bright red, with clots or like a normal flow. Also activities such as dtd may cause spotting because the cervix is so sensitive and friable during pregnancy. If its brown it is likely due to implantation. I bled with my first bright red up to halfway through the second tri and with my son in the first tri. Also, doc appointments with invasive exams may cause bleeding as well.

May 18th, 2014, 08:55 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Spotting doesn't have a "how long it lasts." Many pregnancies never have any spotting. It is something to mention to your doctor, while is most likely nothing if it just stays spotting, it might mean you have a super sensitive cervix or something and they'd just want to monitor.

May 20th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree, I would call. I spotted with this pregnancy for about a day, I called, they brought me in for blood work and then scheduled me for an u/s 2 days later. And then another follow up u/s since I was too early to see a hb. It can be totally and completely normal, but for peace of mind, sometimes it is good to get blood work and/or an u/s.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search