I said I wasn't going to yet

Forum: Due Date Club of January 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of January 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
But I did ....... I bought maternity clothes!! And, I haven't even had my first apt yet. I think I'm crazy It was only 2 items but I could have bought tons more. Only reason I didn't was because my parents are coming into town and my mom said she wanted to take me clothes shopping (we haven't told her yet but I'm hoping she still wants to).

Main reason I did it was Motherhood maternity in our local mall had BOGO free on all clearance items!!! Great deal! Wish I had the $ to go shop more. But, I really need to wait until at least my apt on the 10th before doing any more shopping.

Anyone else as crazy as me?
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
June 6th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Ninky's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bought a Maternity dress at Target for $11... lol.

It could easily pass for non-maternity though, and I can't see myself wearing it past the 2nd trimester as it's a pretty tiny dress (at least to me, I think it is).

Pounds Lost Before Our Second Miracle: 57

June 6th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Veteran
I am about to go shopping, pants are hurting my belly and I can't physically suck in any more

Sara Diane
First time momma

June 6th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Hi ladies, can you recommend a good online shop for maternity clothes? Preferably nice maternity clothes.. I don't need them yet but I'm dreading the moment when I will, because everything I've seen/tried is just ugly...
June 6th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
I am going to go get at least some pants tomorrow. I need pants that are super tight. Anyone ever looked at Kohls maternity section? Just curious....I barely wore maternity last time. I stuck to sweats and baggy t-shirts for most of my pregnancy. lol

NinjaMama - I did really like the maternity jeans I got from Old Navy last time. Havent looked at their selection in about 4 years though. lol

June 6th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Veteran
Motherhood... Old Navy....JCPennys... Khols...Gap....Target... Some ideas for places to get some maternity clothes.

I have already spent $150 on 4 dresses, 2 pair of pants and 6 shirts to get me through a few months. I am waiting on a girl at my work to return all that I let her borrow.

I have been married since 2007, we have 3 awesome little boys (ages: 6,4 &2).I am excited to be expecting #4, however this will for sure be my last. I am going to eat, fuss, cry and enjoy every minute of this last pregnancy

June 6th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Ninky's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Old Navy, Target & Kohls are my goto places. Target has some really cute stuff out right now, but I'm not buying just yet.... *sigh*

Pounds Lost Before Our Second Miracle: 57

June 6th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I got a ton of stuff from Motherhood with DD2. I won't likely need much this go round, because I have all seasons!

Also, there is a site called thredup.com, it is consignment maternity, but they carry name brand, Gap, Old Navy, etc. They are very particular about what they accept and sell. I got a ton of stuff from that site with DD2, because I needed leggings...I lived in them. But, I ended up with so much more because of the little amount of money that I was paying.
Hopingfor1soon likes this.

Last edited by humnck; June 6th, 2014 at 01:03 PM.
June 6th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I like Motherhood as their whole store is dedicated to Maternity and don't have just a small selection like other stores. I'm more picky with maternity clothes; but part of that is due to me being bigger breasted and can't many maternity tops.

I also like facebook online yard sale groups. Sometimes other moms have cute clothes they sell for cheaper.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

Last edited by momie2b9-20-11; June 6th, 2014 at 03:28 PM.
June 6th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Regular
I am only 8 weeks, but pants are already snug. A girl at church surprised me and brought a big bag of them last week!
June 6th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Veteran
I haven't yet bit definitely need pants

June 6th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Super Mommy
I am in the same schedule as I was with DS so I don't really need clothes. I will probably pick up some stuff, but I am definitely holdings off for now.
BFP#1: 8/11, DS born sleeping at 19 weeks
BFP#2: 5/12, our rainbow, DS born 1/4/13
BFP#3: 11/13, missed miscarriage discovered at 10 weeks
BFP#4: 5/17, EDD 1/15/15, praying this is our second rainbow
June 6th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Nayna's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh I've already started wearing maternity clothes.

Expecting baby Alexander Matos 1/17!
June 6th, 2014, 06:54 PM
jmomma2_4's Avatar Jill
Funny with my first I couldn't wait to get maternity stuff. As each pregnancy occurred I was less and less thrilled about the thought. And more and more thrilled at finding regular items that would suit me. Then I felt better abt wearing my non actual maternity clothes after baby was born lol. I'll prob make due while I can. Pick up some odds and ends when I can from our local consignment shops. I have always liked old navy's jeans too!
deaths final kiss likes this.

Jill, momma of 3 pregnant with #4! Due January 20, 2014
June 6th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Kinsma90's Avatar Impatiently Waiting
Opposite. Never got any maternity with DD. This time, I have been stocking up since ttc. Mostly O.N.

June 6th, 2014, 10:00 PM
WantingAnother's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to WantingAnother
Whhhewww I thought I was the only one who bought stuff already, lol! I actually bought two shirts last night from Destination Maternity (I think it's the same as Motherhood Maternity) because of the BOGO sale!!

June 7th, 2014, 03:45 AM
MusicFanatic79's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love a great deal!

No maternity here yet, though. I don't feel I'm even close to needing them... I have seriously no body/stomach changes yet (besides boobs). I assume I may take longer because it's my first, too.

But also, my best friend is the same size as me and has lent me a bunch of cute maternity clothes. So I don't think I'll have to buy much!
jmomma2_4 likes this.

June 7th, 2014, 08:53 AM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
I got a couple maternity dresses at Target already. And I got a few cute pairs of maternity clothes from Motherhood that a friend gave me. I don't think I'll be buying too much more, a few dresses and a couple pairs of shorts with a handful of tops will get me through the summer. When it gets cold out, I have sweatpants that will fit when I'm big...not sure if my jackets will zip though, probably not!

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
June 7th, 2014, 05:29 PM
jmomma2_4's Avatar Jill
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticbythesea01 View Post
I got a couple maternity dresses at Target already. And I got a few cute pairs of maternity clothes from Motherhood that a friend gave me. I don't think I'll be buying too much more, a few dresses and a couple pairs of shorts with a handful of tops will get me through the summer. When it gets cold out, I have sweatpants that will fit when I'm big...not sure if my jackets will zip though, probably not!
The jackets! I know right?! It's not something you think about much, like OH I need a maternity jacket. But if you typically wear something that fits nice when not pregnant, you may need something at least larger to keep you cozy in the winter. I know I will. I learned this the last round. I did make due, but think I'll at least find something this time that'll cover me/zip/button to keep out the belly draft in the colder months HA

Jill, momma of 3 pregnant with #4! Due January 20, 2014
June 7th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Bowser's Avatar Regular
I bought a bunch of stuff on sale at Old Navy online, but I'm not showing at all yet. I just wanted to have some super comfy clothing ready for when I get big. At some point I'm going to need to buy some work clothing. I think I might just buy some cheap scrubs at Walmart to get me through those months.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search