Furbabies?

Forum: Due Date Club of January 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By isaroo
  • 2 Post By Mrs Arena

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of January 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have any pets? How do you think they will take the new addition to the family?

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

June 16th, 2014, 08:05 PM
Veteran
I have one tuxedo cat. Not sure how she will like competing for my attention. She has always been my only "baby."

June 16th, 2014, 11:12 PM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a dog and cat, neither will care much how many babies we bring in here. When I had Nate, I had my mom bring home the blankets he was swaddled in each night, and leave it on the couch for them to sniff and rub all over. They sniffed him when Jer brought him in, but it was old news by then. lol They were all good
mandy5586 likes this.

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Next Appointment 11/19

June 16th, 2014, 11:34 PM
Veteran
We foster dogs for the local animal shelter, so right now we have 4 2 are our forever dogs and 2 fosters. These dogs have been through so much in their lives they don't even flinch when a baby comes over, they just want to be pet for a couple minutes than they go lay down or want outside. I don't think it'll be an issue. I read you should feed your dog numerous times a day when baby first comes home (same amount of food but smaller amounts, they don't know the difference) the most stressful part for a dog is fear of losing resources, so if you show they don't have to worry about when they'll get their next meal they will adjust more positively. You wean them down to normal feelings after about a Week also what Angil said is recommended to, that way they've already become familiar with the babies scent

Sara Diane
First time momma

June 17th, 2014, 04:34 AM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
None here yet...my MIL has 5 dogs (an Akita, a beagle, a St. Bernard, and 2 boxers) and we babysit them when she leaves town and sometimes bring 1 or 2 of them over here but I'm sure they'd be fine around a new baby. They're good with kids....except the boxers can get hyper at times.

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
June 17th, 2014, 05:12 AM
Rach333's Avatar Rachel, mom to 4 boys
I have two little furbabies, they are my precious mutts (one is Tillie a yorkie/poodle and the other is Madison a westie/maltese). They were only puppies when I got pregnant with my first so they've been around babies and kids their whole lives. They love them!!
June 17th, 2014, 05:58 AM
Ninky's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have an orange tabby cat. She pretty much hates DD. She won't go anywhere near her. If Robin leaves a blanket or clothes on the floor, she pees on them. Otherwise, she does her best to ignore DD's presence. I'm pretty sure she'll hate the new baby too.

Pounds Lost Before Our Second Miracle: 57

June 17th, 2014, 06:03 AM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have quite a few pets lol. 3 dogs, 2 cats, a parrot and 4 turtles.

The turtles of course won't know the difference (they're outside in a raised pond).

2 of my dogs and both of my cats have already been through 2 babies coming home. I'm sure they'll be fine again.

One dog we just adopted in 2011 and he's never been around babies, but he takes his cues from his "pack" so I'm sure he will be ok once he sees the older dogs are ok.

My parrot should be fine too, she's also already been through 2 babies coming home.

June 17th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
We have two dogs and a cat. The cat has been broken in since I had him when DS was born. He loves kids and lets DS pack him around and lay on him. He is awesome! The two dogs are great with my 3 year old but will have to be taught to be calm around the baby. They are both shelties and are only 11 and 5 months old so they are still hyper little puppies. They will do fine though!

June 17th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Veteran
We have 2 boxers, they did so great with our DS when he came home. They just sniffed him and then laid with him alot especially during tummy time! They will do fine with another addition.

Hopefully this picture works. This is how our female always wanted to be.
isaroo and Hopeful2015 like this.
June 17th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a dog (about 20 lbs) who is currently tormented by our 17 month old DS. He literally chases her around non stop. I am sure she will be rolling her eyes at another one. She does love him through. Anytime he cries she comes over and gives him kisses and outs her head on his lap. It's really cute.
BFP#1: 8/11, DS born sleeping at 19 weeks
BFP#2: 5/12, our rainbow, DS born 1/4/13
BFP#3: 11/13, missed miscarriage discovered at 10 weeks
BFP#4: 5/17, EDD 1/15/15, praying this is our second rainbow
June 17th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have 1 dog, a chocolate lab. She is so laid back and has been great with both DDs. She is so tolerant. Both girls pet her and DD2 kisses her and tells her no...lol! But, Mocha just looks at her, puts her head down and sighs, like, what have you all gotten me into. She is protective of them too, when it comes to other dogs, so we don't take her out into public with the girls. She goes on walks and sits outside with us, but we can't take her to a dog park, she likes humans and cats, not other dogs

June 18th, 2014, 05:36 AM
Veteran
Sorry Ihave not been posting a lot iI was traveling for work.

I have three fur babies.

Zappa is a 5 year old bluetick/ foxhound and the sweetest dog anyone could ever ask for. Dweezil

Zappa

Dweezil is a 7 year old beagle/Rottweiler and he is neurotic but so sweet.

Gracie May is a 10 year old Grey short hair cat. She hates me and loves my husband beyond words although her and I do have secret cuddles when he's not around.
June 18th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have two dogs and a cat. One dog and the cat have already been through adding a new baby to the family. They love her. Well, the cat doesn't always love her, LOL. We'll get them used to it by having DH bring home something (onesie or something) that smells like the new baby and placing it near their "space" so they pick up new baby's scent. We had zero problems with our animals getting used to our DD.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search