Weight Loss

Forum: Due Date Club of January 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bowser

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of January 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2014, 03:09 PM
Bowser's Avatar Regular
Has anyone else experienced a first trimester weight loss?

I'm down about 15 pounds from when I found out I was pregnant a month and a half ago (220lbs-205lbs).

I just don't have an appetite. I got really scared when I realized that I'd lost 3 pounds last week. I'm eating maybe once a day. I've been trying to eat more the past few days, but nothing is appealing and I've been throwing up every other day or so. I feel so uncomfortable after eating and have to fight to keep it down.

I think a lot of the fatigue I'm feeling is from being hungry/dehydrated.

I have my ultrasound tomorrow, planning on talking to the doctor about it then.

June 22nd, 2014, 03:32 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have heard of it being normal to lose weight in the first trimester. 15 lbs is quite a lot but my cousin did the same with her pregnancies. She always lost a ton right away and then never gained the rest of her pregnancies. She is quite overweight though. I have lost a lb. lol, but that's quite crazy for me because I usually gain 10-15 lbs by now.

Have you thought about juicing some fruits and vegetables to get in some of your nutrients everyday? Hope you are able to eat again soon!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

June 22nd, 2014, 03:48 PM
jmomma2_4's Avatar Jill
Weight loss does happen but that does sound like a good bit. Are you taking a prenatal? Just do he best you can. Hopefully as you approach the 2nd trimester things will seem more appealing and you won't feel as bad. Def speak to the dr about it for a professional opinion though!

Jill, momma of 3 pregnant with #4! Due January 20, 2014
June 22nd, 2014, 03:57 PM
Bowser's Avatar Regular
I'm taking a prenatal vitamin.I've been going to the fancy juice bar near my house and getting fresh veggie/fruit juices. Other than that what I can manage to eat is not very healthy.

I'm just used to having a big appetite.
Tiff802 likes this.

June 22nd, 2014, 04:30 PM
Regular
Im down about 8 pounds.. Which was a shock cause I feel like ive put on 20 =/

Ellie and wife.
Mums to DS - 7 and expecting their second due Jan 2nd 2015
June 22nd, 2014, 04:36 PM
Ninky's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Losing weight in the first trimester is normal, but 15 lbs is alot, even when not pregnant. At most, a healthy rate of loss without pregnancy is 4-5 lbs a month. You've lost more than that. I would definitely talk to your doctor, because something is off. You need proper nutrition not only for your baby but for you as well. Try to eat bland foods, or nuts... something that is caloric dense (small but more calories) to give your body more to run on in the meantime.

Pounds Lost Before Our Second Miracle: 57

June 22nd, 2014, 04:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I lost 15lbs in the first trimester with my first and 10 with my second. My third I never weighed in (really, lol) and I haven't weighed myself since about two weeks before we found out we were expecting this one, so I'm not really sure if I've lost or not this time. Considering how great I've felt this time, I doubt I've lost.
June 22nd, 2014, 05:19 PM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's a little different for those of us that are overweight. Our goal is to usually not gain any weight. Since you are not eating too much, you're baby is essentially getting it's nutrition from your reserves, which is why you have lost 15lbs. Soon you will start to feel better and you'll be eating more so the weight loss will slow down and probably stop.

With my son, I lost in the 1st trimester, maintained in the 2nd trimester, and gained 15lb in the 3rd trimester, and about a week after I gave birth, I was down 20lbs from my starting weight.

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Next Appointment August 6!

June 23rd, 2014, 02:34 AM
Veteran
Yeah, i've lost weight too; about 7lbs. 6 of them went in a fortnight when i was feeling really rough

I am overweight though - to put it relatively, my BMI's dropped from 29.4 to 28.1 (although obviously that second number isn't really accurate because I'm pregnant now, of course). So it's not something I'm worried about, i'm nowhere near being underweight!

In all honesty, even when I was slim & pregnant with DD1 and lost weight (7lbs in a few days when her father left me; it just fell off) nobody medical was really concerned. I think the bottom line is that baby will take what it needs from you, so just keep on with the vitamins and try to eat as healthily as possible when you can.

It's weird for me too though cos I love food & now I'm just not interested which is a new concept for me
June 23rd, 2014, 03:18 AM
Bowser's Avatar Regular
Thanks everyone, I'll see what the doctor says today. I'm just worried they'll try to make me stop working so much.

People have started noticing that I look thinner, so I'm guessing they'll be really shocked next week when I announce I'm pregnant.

June 23rd, 2014, 05:44 AM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
I lost about 7lbs in the 1st tri with dd, this time, I kind of just stayed the same. It's normak to lose some weight but not that much. Definately bring it up to your dr! Good luck at your appointment and ultrasound today! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
June 23rd, 2014, 06:45 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Try and force yourself to eat protein rich foods. Lay off anything made with white flour and white sugar, or at least dramatically reduce the amount you are eating. Those things will feed your nausea, but lots of protein really does help. I've found that smoothies and juiced stuff actually makes me feel worse. Forcing yourself to eat protein sucks, but doing these things can make a big difference in how you feel afterwards.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

June 23rd, 2014, 08:12 AM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
I lost 25 in the first 26 weeks with DS (yes I was sick till 26 weeks). The dr was not happy with that, but baby was growing and thriving so he was apparently getting some nutrients and he is a healthy 3 year old now, but I would ask for Zofran and try and make yourself eat. This baby I have lost 9lbs but its all from lack of appetite and probably my better diet. I'm not worried at this point as long as I start to gain when I get into the second trimester.

June 23rd, 2014, 09:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I lost a bit with DD and ended up only gaining 6 pounds while pregnant with her. With this LO, I have stayed steady. I weighed over the weekend was down 2 pounds from my starting weight. I just hope I don't gain a ton! (I am overweight.)

June 24th, 2014, 09:39 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I went out with my friend from work today. It has been about a month (1 month and 1 day actually) since school got out, I've seen her only once since then and that was like right after school got out. The first thing she says to me is "You've definitely lost weight." A statement I'd be happy to hear at most times in my life...right now I was just thinking "Yeah, I know...it's miserable." For me it isn't the lack of appetite it is the incessant vomiting.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search