Announcement ideas?

Forum: Due Date Club of January 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Saradiane1990
  • 6 Post By momma_d
  • 1 Post By Saradiane1990

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of January 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2014, 10:29 AM
Veteran
We will be announcing after my next doc appt (July 10) I'll be 13 wks. We want to incorporate our dog(s) somehow? I'm thinking a sign beside them that says "mom and dad are getting us a baby! January 2015" (instead of puppy lol) anyone else have any ideas for wording?

Sara Diane
First time momma

June 23rd, 2014, 10:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Aww that's a cute idea! Or, maybe put big brother/sister to be Jan 2015 next to the sign. But, I like your idea.

Good luck! Hope someone else has some more ideas as my pregnancy has already taken over my brain - LOL!!
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
June 23rd, 2014, 10:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a friend who used her dog to announce. They took a chalkboard sign and hung it around the dog's neck and it just said, I'm going to be a big sister, with her due date on it. It was really cute. They also had a photo of the dog and they were standing behind her holding a "We're pregnant" sign.

June 23rd, 2014, 10:46 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like that idea! You could add the date on the bottom to avoid confusion too! It would be cute too if you wrote puppy, then crossed it out and wrote baby instead!

We are going to Belize in July and I'll be 13 weeks so I think I'm gonna announce with a picture there, maybe have it say something like, "Can you BELIZE we are having another baby??" And maybe draw Jan 2015 in the sand or something.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

June 23rd, 2014, 11:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
There's lots of announcement ideas on Pinterest as well! My friend also just announced using pictures with their two dogs. The female dog had a sign saying something like, "I am going to be a big sister December 2014!" and the boy dog had a sign that said, "I won't be the baby anymore December 2014" and they also posted it with a picture of their sonogram...maybe so people didn't think they were adding a third dog, LOL

June 23rd, 2014, 11:41 AM
Veteran
Awww...that is cute!

June 23rd, 2014, 04:16 PM
Rach333's Avatar Rachel, mom to 3 boys
Cute ideas!!
June 23rd, 2014, 05:10 PM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
Aww, such cute ideas!!

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
June 23rd, 2014, 06:42 PM
Jeany
Prego brain but pinterest is awesome for ideas

June 24th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma_d View Post
I like that idea! You could add the date on the bottom to avoid confusion too! It would be cute too if you wrote puppy, then crossed it out and wrote baby instead!

We are going to Belize in July and I'll be 13 weeks so I think I'm gonna announce with a picture there, maybe have it say something like, "Can you BELIZE we are having another baby??" And maybe draw Jan 2015 in the sand or something.
Omg I love the idea to cross out puppy!!!! And your announcement is going to be adorable!

Sara Diane
First time momma

June 24th, 2014, 11:36 PM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cute! Can't wait to see it!

I'm waiting for Nate to pick up the big brother book I bought him so I can get a few natural pictures of him carrying it or reading it, but he only seems to want it if he has no clothes on or his lunch all over his face lol If I can't get a good picture, I'm going to have to come up with something else.

This is dog announcement is cute! www.pinterest.com/pin/304696731012253695(I'm on my iPad and it's acting crazy, so I don't know if that link is working. It's 3 pictures of dogs posing with baby shoes over the top it says "waiting for our best friend" and the last pic has an u/s pic posed with blocks that spell out baby.)

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Next Appointment and Anatomy Scan on Sept 4th!

Last edited by isaroo; June 25th, 2014 at 12:01 AM.
June 25th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaroo View Post
Cute! Can't wait to see it!

I'm waiting for Nate to pick up the big brother book I bought him so I can get a few natural pictures of him carrying it or reading it, but he only seems to want it if he has no clothes on or his lunch all over his face lol If I can't get a good picture, I'm going to have to come up with something else.

This is dog announcement is cute! www.pinterest.com/pin/304696731012253695(I'm on my iPad and it's acting crazy, so I don't know if that link is working. It's 3 pictures of dogs posing with baby shoes over the top it says "waiting for our best friend" and the last pic has an u/s pic posed with blocks that spell out baby.)

I love this idea, too bad the link didn't work

Sara Diane
First time momma

June 25th, 2014, 12:46 PM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On my laptop now! lol Almost forgot to come back and fix that stupid link! This is the picture I was looking at:

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Next Appointment and Anatomy Scan on Sept 4th!

June 25th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Veteran
That is adorable!!!! I may just use it
isaroo likes this.

Sara Diane
First time momma

June 28th, 2014, 10:05 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I've seen so many cute ones.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: