Not as excited

Forum: Due Date Club of January 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By momie2b9-20-11
  • 1 Post By Overjoyed-new-mommy
  • 1 Post By humnck

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of January 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2014, 03:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, I should start by stating that I am VERY happy to be pregnant; Especially since we were TTC for 4 cycles and forced (medical) to wait to TTC for several months. I know I'm excited but just don't feel as excited right now as I did with first. Is this normal? I was super excited and talked about baby often when I first got a positive and then I was excited and couldn't wait for u/s. It was so fun to see baby and see his/her heartbeat and little profile but now I just feel like I've hit a slump and am not as excited. it's weird as I couldn't be more pleased to be pregnant. Maybe because we haven't told friends and the public yet so I can't openly talk about it yet? Is this normal with the second?
santorini and jaychrysalis like this.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

June 23rd, 2014, 04:41 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm lurking from December ddc. I say it's totally normal. It's not new like it was with your first. With my son, I took a picture each week. I'm 16 weeks and haven't taken the first picture. We have our hands full with our other children so our minds are usually occupied and we are busy. We know what will happen, how it will feel ect. It's just not new. It doesn't mean we aren't happy and excited. Normal!
June 23rd, 2014, 04:49 PM
Overjoyed-new-mommy's Avatar Elisha
I feel the same way!! I'm more concerned about how I will do it with 2 kids now...I already have zero time for myself and not much more for my husband. I didn't want my daughter to be an only child... think I will feel better about it all when I don't feel physically sick anymore!
santorini likes this.

June 23rd, 2014, 05:01 PM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
I get in those slumps as well. Some days, I'm excited, and other days, it's just whatever and I wish I could fast forward a couple of months. It doesn't mean that I'm not excited anymore. You'll get super antsy and excited again when you have another ultrasound, or when you start feeling baby move all the time, things will get more exciting. I can't wait for that! And then, as due date approaches, things will get even more exciting! Hang in there, I remind myself at times that there's so much fun stuff ahead. Today is an off day for me...haven't felt flutters and I feel so crappy.

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
June 23rd, 2014, 06:40 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I have to say that I was more terrified and horrified, to be honest, when I became pregnant. We were done having kids. However, once I told everyone and we made the announcement on FB, I got super excited. I am now pretty excited, probably not as overexcited as I was with my first but announcing definitely helped. Plus, I feel like once the baby gets bigger and you can feel the baby moving around the excitement will instantly return. There's no feeling like it!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

June 23rd, 2014, 08:27 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For Maiya, I had a lot of the same, mainly because living and dreaming about the child that I was going to have wasnt something that I could spend 24/7 doing because I had Kaiden to take care of...in the end, you do love them just as much!
June 23rd, 2014, 10:26 PM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so wrapped up in my miscarriage (which is weird because I handled the actual miscarriage pretty well) I think I'm having a hard time getting attached. I hope it starts to change once I start to feel bubs moving around in there.

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Second Anatomy Scan 9/19, Next Appointment 10/1

June 24th, 2014, 04:31 AM
Rach333's Avatar Rachel, mom to 4 boys
We've gone through fertility treatments to conceive this baby and it was feeling like it was never going to happen so I am super, super excited. I am more nervous than I am excited though!! I think I need to at least get through this first trimester and then I'll feel more at ease. It does help to announce it, especially to family and friends who are supportive and excited for you. What I'm not excited for, honestly, is getting huge and having to lose the weight again. Not fun. Just sayin'. I am really excited thinking about the moment I get to hold this little one. I just have lots to get ready so this morning sickness (another thing I'm not at all excited about) needs to go away so I can get something done!
June 24th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Totally normal. I guess it's also normal for family members to not be as excited about baby #2...at least that's how our family has been toward us so far.

June 24th, 2014, 07:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't have it so much with my 2nd, but with this one, I haven't been as excited as I thought I'd be. I think it's for the same reasons, I am so busy with both girls, work, etc that it is hard to even think about. But, when I feel a flutter here and there, I get excited, so I know it will change once I start feeling baby on the regular.
mandy5586 likes this.

June 24th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it's normal. With my first everything was new and exciting, being pregnant felt surreal. Now I've been through it twice and while I'm glad to hear the heartbeat on the doppler, I wasn't all grinning when she listened at my last appt.

I still do get excited for the ultrasounds, but everything else is kind of BTDT for me lol. Sounds horrible, I know.

June 24th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It will be okay. I do promise that you will love this little one the minute he/she is born. Mama's hearts really do just grow . As far as excitement, we get pretty excited here, even with it being number 11. But that's ME. We just told people this weekend, and I'm 13 weeks, so it feels a little more real. Being busy with a toddler does keep you busy, and than when she's resting you probably are a little more tired than you were when pregnant with her. There's also the whole you can't rest anytime you want with subsequent pregnancies. No worries Mama, the excitement will come!

June 24th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies! I think I've just been in a "funk" the last week and that has made it hard. Plus, I know that I won't see this LO again until my 20 wk scan (and just hit 10 wks today) so that seems forever away. And, I haven't seen my actual ob yet either. I'm hoping that once I start feeling more like myself and I hear the baby's heartbeat that I'll be more excited. I know I love this LO more than anything and that I will love it just as much as first once born it's just being pregnant isn't as exciting.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

June 24th, 2014, 01:37 PM
jmomma2_4's Avatar Jill
Totally normal and you should come around. It's not all fresh and new, but it's a diff child. You're preoccupied this time too. I know I'm excited personally and can't wait to feel kicks, I feel like I've forgotten how that feels! That's def a connecting moment to me. My worry is others reactions (family mostly in laws) bringing me down, like I should have to contain my excitement for them. Don't think that's an issue for you guys though. Maybe think of a little something for you and your first to do together for baby. We made shirts with fabric markers. It may just help connect you all a little more, to really grasp the idea of a family of 4 (?) No worries mama!

Jill, momma of 3 pregnant with #4! Due January 20, 2014
June 24th, 2014, 07:13 PM
santorini's Avatar Santorini
Wow. I feel the same way as many of you ladies do. Not very excited. Nothing compared to my first and I think my husband is worried about this too. I have a 5 yr old that my life revolves around. I am scared how I will handle him starting school and a newborn baby. I am scared of the sleepless nights, the breastfeeding (I did almost 11 month of exclusive bf and pumping with my son, and let's just say it's a tiring process considering I worked full time for half of the time). I am just not very excited and very anxious about this new chapter of my life.

Due Jan 30 2015

June 24th, 2014, 11:48 PM
Jeany
I feel the exact same way having a toddler this time around I'm so busy with him that I often can forget I'm pregnant despite the fatigue and nausea smacking me back to reality. I guess my hubby can tell cause he keeps asking me am a I excited about pregnant and I'm like yeah I guess. I sound so ungrateful because we worked hard ttc this baby

June 27th, 2014, 05:54 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Normally the first few weeks I'm really excited, it's all I can think about. Once I get sick I'm not excited again until the sickness starts to get better, which for me I start puking at 7 weeks and finally start to have days where I don't throw up around 17/18 weeks and finish throwing up between 20/30 weeks (often 22ish, but can be later). So I have a really long not excited zone.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search