Brand of diapers

Forum: Due Date Club of January 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of January 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2014, 02:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
BTDT moms - Do you have a favorite brand of diapers? Does the brand change from newborn to toddler?

For CD'ing moms (or mom to be) do you have a favorite?

First time moms - Do you have an idea of what type of diapers you'll buy for LO?
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

July 2nd, 2014, 02:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We use cloth at home and sposies for DC.

For cloth I like BumGenius 4.0 at night with a hemp and regular insert. During the day I prefer covers. I have Flips, Wolbybugs and another brand that I don't really like and can not think of the name (I guess that shows how much I use them LOL).

It took us a long time, and lots if trials to find sposies that worked for DS. We end up with Huggies. He seemed to leak/exploded every other kind (and we tried so many).

As for wipes, I am a tried and true Pampers Naturals with no scents or dyes. DS has very sensitive skin.
BFP#1: 8/11, DS born sleeping at 19 weeks
BFP#2: 5/12, our rainbow, DS born 1/4/13
BFP#3: 11/13, missed miscarriage discovered at 10 weeks
BFP#4: 5/17, EDD 1/15/15, praying this is our second rainbow
July 2nd, 2014, 03:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
For first (and will probably be the same this time) I used Pampers Swaddlers for the first several months. She was super petite and this was the one that worked best for us with rarely any explosions. Once she moved to size 1 (around 3 months) I switched to Pampers Baby Dry. Tried Huggies and few others but preferred Pampers. Once hit size 3 I switched to Target brand and love them.

I'll start w/ Pampers Swaddlers, switch to Pampers Baby dry and then Target brand again; Unless this LO responds differently to diapers
rusticbythesea01 likes this.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

July 2nd, 2014, 03:34 PM
Veteran
I am going to be a first time mum and my preference at the moment is to try cloth diapers.

My mum used them and so did my partners mum and I know they have come a long way since the 80s so I am going to try them and hope they work well
Tiff802 and anguisette like this.

wife for 12 years to Derek
mum to fur babies Zappa (5), Dweezil (7), and Gracie May (10)
expecting my first.

July 2nd, 2014, 03:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We use fuzzi bunz with the hemp inserts for bigger babes/toddlers. We use these overnight for our 3 and 4 year old also.....work good. We use disposibles overnight for younger babes as it seems if they spend all day in cloth, their bum appreciates a brake overnight. They have less rashes, or not many at all. We only use cloth wipes though, all the time, because I don't like what's in diaper wipes, and won't put it on the babes.
We only have 2 in diapers now, 3 when babe comes, and 4 overnight in diapers. So we pretty much do a load of diapers a day.

We get the fuzzi bunz seconds, and have no trouble with them at all, at half the cost, it's a great deal!

July 2nd, 2014, 03:54 PM
Veteran
We plan on cloth diapering and apple cheeks will be our brand of choice I may buy a couple others to try but apple cheeks will be our main investment

Sara Diane
First time momma

July 2nd, 2014, 04:13 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
I'm a sposies mom. We used Pampers all the way through cruisers. He leaked and exploded everything else. Once he was in pull-ups for night time we switched to Huggies. As for wipes Pampers naturals or sensitive is what we use.
rusticbythesea01 likes this.

July 2nd, 2014, 04:32 PM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
I'm with Ashley and Alicia with the Pampers. Ava was petite too and it was the best fit for her little bun I used them all the way till potty training. I also found that Pampers are super soft and stretchy, whereas Huggies or other brands kind of felt like a garbage bag and not very comfortable for them.

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
July 2nd, 2014, 04:42 PM
Ninky's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Huggies. Pampers swaddlers are okay too, but I really prefer huggies. I will never purposely use LUV's. They're cheap and plasticy and always gave DD diaper rash from the moisture.

Pounds Lost Before Our Second Miracle: 57

July 2nd, 2014, 05:41 PM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We use Pampers and Luvs all the way through. We just use the Luvs at home now home because now that Nate is older, they leak. At night, he wears Huggies overnights. And for wipes, We use Huggies Naturals.

For the first time Mommas using cloth. I would buy 1 or 2 of each diaper you want to try and wait until baby is here and in the correct size to decide which kind you want. I've seen so many Mommas buy a ton of diapers only to have to sell them all and start over because they didn't work for their baby.

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Next Appointment 11/19

July 2nd, 2014, 06:04 PM
womanintheshoe's Avatar Veteran
Pampers for night, cloth for day. I use Chinese prefolds as I prefer those over the all-in-ones. For covers I love Swaddlebees the best followed by Thirsties. I wanted to love Flip covers but found they didn't contain the moisture near well enough. I don't use the Snappis as I found they shredded my very expensive Green Mountain cloth diapers so I use regular diaper pins.

Always missing 13 precious little ones I never got to hold due to chemical pregnancies, blighted ova, vanishing twins and ectopic.

♥ Loving the beautiful life I thought I never wanted. ♥

July 2nd, 2014, 07:03 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cloth diapering momma here! I have a stash of Fuzzibunz and Flips. I absolutely love the flips so I think I'm going to stick with those this time around.
I use pampers swaddlers for the first few months. And when we switch to cloth I use Luvs at night and on the go.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

July 2nd, 2014, 07:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma_d View Post
Cloth diapering momma here! I have a stash of Fuzzibunz and Flips. I absolutely love the flips so I think I'm going to stick with those this time around.
I to love Flips. I find that Wolbybugs are very similar but I love that the flaps on the front and back have an elastic on them for less slippage of the inserts.
BFP#1: 8/11, DS born sleeping at 19 weeks
BFP#2: 5/12, our rainbow, DS born 1/4/13
BFP#3: 11/13, missed miscarriage discovered at 10 weeks
BFP#4: 5/17, EDD 1/15/15, praying this is our second rainbow
July 2nd, 2014, 07:30 PM
huggies all the way!
July 2nd, 2014, 07:35 PM
AmyGail's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Huggies for us all the way. I have used them with all my kiddos.

Baby Stonehawk Warrior due January 12th!!!

My name is Amy ~ Mommy to 3
Treston, 20 ~ Tanner, 15 ~ Lali, 4
My little angel babies~ lost 10/2013 @ 7w1d (June DDC) & 3/2014 @ 8w2d (Oct DDC)
July 2nd, 2014, 07:53 PM
HazelMom's Avatar Emily
I live next door to Whole Foods so we grab Seventh Generation disposable diapers and wipes from there. They seem to work fine, so we'll probably keep using them with baby #2.

2/14/14 - 6 weeks

Expecting a little girl on Jan 23rd, 2015!

July 3rd, 2014, 02:13 AM
Veteran
Another cloth mum here! I have all the nappies I need left over from DD2 I think (you couldn't have convinced me to use cloth with DD1, I'm a convert) but I will be treating myself to some nice colourful wraps. I did buy some but they were rubbish and leaked, can't think of the brand now...the only ones I have that actually did the job were TotsBots plain white wraps that came with the cloth itself (same brand).
July 3rd, 2014, 05:30 AM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cloth here too. For newborn i use prefolds and covers (green mountain, bummis whisper lite) for after about 3 months or so, I bought a bunch of cheaper dipes (sun baby and another brand that I can't think of the name I am too lazy to go look) then I would wait for sales or cute dipes I just can't pass up here and there.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

July 3rd, 2014, 05:41 AM
Regular
I work I the NICU and all we use are the Pampers Swaddlers. So, I'll probably use those since I'm so comfortable and used to them.
July 3rd, 2014, 07:03 AM
Rach333's Avatar Rachel, mom to 4 boys
Pampers are my favorite all the way through. I don't mind the Target brand when they're a bit older.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search