Morning sickness !

Forum: Due Date Club of January 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By humnck
  • 1 Post By momie2b9-20-11
  • 1 Post By jaychrysalis
  • 1 Post By Nayna
  • 1 Post By Kinsma90
  • 1 Post By Waitin4BabyThurmie
  • 1 Post By Rach333
  • 1 Post By anguisette

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of January 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Hello all , I am 14 weeks tomorrow and people have been telling me my morning sickness should be gone by now and it's not ! I wasn't a very big eater before I became pregnant and even though my appetite grows it's still not huge . It doesn't matter what I eat I get nauseas again after 30 minutes ! Do I just keep eating or is there another way to remedy this ? Thanks in advance for your help !
July 29th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Some women have m/s throughout their pregnancy, my sister did. I hope yours goes away soon though!

I found, and you should ask your doc about this before trying it, that a half a Unisom and a B6 supplement (Bnatals is what I used - found at the pharmacy, some keep it behind the counter) helped tremendously! Also, try sucking on hard candy, peppermint and ginger are both good nausea remedies. Ginger tea if you can stomach it or peppermint tea.
mandy5586 and Happymama2be like this.

July 29th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry mama!! No fun to deal with this all the time. I'm not sure what they are called (other moms here might) but know there are pills to help with the throwing up and nausea feeling

I'm opposite of most. The few times I have thrown up have been after I hit 12 weeks. I agree that it's no fun and hope it goes away quickly for you!
Happymama2be likes this.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
July 29th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Thank you. Both ! My doc did reccomend the unisom b6 combo which I did take for awhile but it makes me really sleepy ! Trying to do the tea but it's been so hot here lately that anything hot and muggy makes it worse I can barley take a warm shower ! As I'm writing this I am getting nauseas yet again after having eaten 20 mins ago ! Lol never ending cycle ! I don't know where I can get ginger or peppermint candies ?? -clueless !
July 29th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Jeany
I struggle with the nausea as well. I dont vomit but everything I eat leaves a nasty after taste in my mouth.
Happymama2be likes this.

July 29th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Nayna's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm 15, almost 16 weeks and I'm still getting sick. Peppermint candies have SAVED MY LIFE. The B6 doesn't work for me. I just try to eat what I can when I can and then pop in a mint.
Happymama2be likes this.

Expecting baby Alexander Matos 1/17!
July 29th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Kinsma90's Avatar Impatiently Waiting
Yeah, I was puking with DD pretty much every day until after she was born. That going away after a certain point isn't for everyone. lol. Still puking this PG and 17 weeks, so again, it's myth for me. lol
Happymama2be likes this.
July 30th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Veteran
I had it until about 14 weeks. Hopefully yours goes away soon! A couple prego friends of mine were sick until 16 & 20 weeks, but yeah some prego women are sick the whole time. Let's hope you won't be sick the whole time though.
Happymama2be likes this.

July 30th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Rach333's Avatar Rachel, mom to 3 boys
I'm almost 14 weeks and still experiencing the nausea, hunger, nausea right after eating, ugh. Are you eating small meals throughout the day instead of a few large meals? I got peppermints at the grocery store and those help sometimes. The hot weather definitely doesn't help. I hope you find some relief and feel better soon!
Happymama2be likes this.
July 30th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Veteran
Big hugs to everyone who still feels rough

I'm 16wks at the weekend and still feeling pretty rough; I'm definitely better than I was when I was really sick but I seem to have plateaued again so I'm not feeling the improvement anymore and it's making me cross. It's also been really hot here & the kids are off school so we've been super-busy which doesn't help; I feel better today because I slept 12hours last night but that's not always practical. On the days I get less sleep I feel rough as anything.

I haven't got any good suggestions for the nausea other than to hang on in there - it's horribly psychologically to go past the 12wk mark when you "should" be feeling better and still getting sick. A bit like how you get told babies "should" sleep through the night at 6wks and it doesn't always happen (!) I felt ill until 14wks with my DD2 so expected it to last a bit longer but I've definitely done my time as far as I'm concerned and I'm ready to stop feeling so dreadful; I honestly feel like I've got some sort of illness instead of being pregnant
Happymama2be likes this.
July 30th, 2014, 08:57 PM
Thank you all ! Yeah , I've tried eating small and big meals and no matter which I've done it doesn't subside ! Sometimes unless I eat what sounds good ( nothing too crazy usually just takes time to make ) my mind is like , nope - we're staying nauseas until we eat that one thing that's going to take an hour to make . Peen snacking at that point doesn't work lol . Just trying to tough it out hopefully it goes away soon . All worth it in the end though
July 31st, 2014, 11:56 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Hi, I'm an EXPERT in this field. First off, I'm betting if you're still sick and it is after everything you eat this isn't "morning sickness" it is HG, which is like morning sickness but a zillion times worse. It's a super unfun club to be in, but we do have a Princess as our representative (Princess Kate had HG). Depending on the severity of yours depends on what they do. Sometimes for really mild HG (the stuff closer to morning sickness) the answer is they do nothing, you suffer til its gone (which can be all the way up til birth, or any time it could just end). Then there are some who actually have it so severe they end up hospitalized or with an IV all the time or lots of things. I'm personally thankfully just on oral medication, but if you ever need to run though ALL the suggestions I promise I know them all, send me a PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search