Hormones

Forum: Due Date Club of January 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of January 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2014, 08:39 AM
FLAteacher's Avatar Loving the Toddler Life
I am like MAJORLY stressed over here. I can't find a teaching job and I can't find a nanny job because no one wants to hire me and then find new help after Xmas. I will collect unemployment and be a stay at home mom until baby #2 arrives. My hormones got to me today and I just couldn't stop crying. I faked being sick at my summer job so I can go home. Too stressed and I need to relax and take it easy.

July 30th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you are having a hard time finding a job. That is very stressful. I hope your day of rest gives you just that....rest.
BFP#1: 8/11, DS born sleeping at 19 weeks
BFP#2: 5/12, our rainbow, DS born 1/4/13
BFP#3: 11/13, missed miscarriage discovered at 10 weeks
BFP#4: 5/17, EDD 1/15/15, praying this is our second rainbow
July 30th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Rach333's Avatar Rachel, mom to 4 boys
I'm sorry to hear you're under a lot of stress. I hope you can get some rest today, relax and feel better.
July 30th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
*hugs*

July 31st, 2014, 01:51 AM
HazelMom's Avatar Emily
Aww, that sounds really stressful. I hope things get easier for you soon! ((hugs))

2/14/14 - 6 weeks

Expecting a little girl on Jan 23rd, 2015!

July 31st, 2014, 09:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
HUGS!! That's hard. Hope you have / had a relaxing day. That's no fun that they are not hiring you because of your pregnancy - I though they couldn't do that.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

August 1st, 2014, 12:21 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAteacher View Post
I am like MAJORLY stressed over here. I can't find a teaching job and I can't find a nanny job because no one wants to hire me and then find new help after Xmas. I will collect unemployment and be a stay at home mom until baby #2 arrives. My hormones got to me today and I just couldn't stop crying. I faked being sick at my summer job so I can go home. Too stressed and I need to relax and take it easy.
Oh, we're in such a similar situation, I just have more small people.

Play this out in your head though. I've been teaching for the past 5 years consecutively, but I have taught at a different school EACH year. And on top of that I've been hired to teach at those schools in August EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Year one- No jobs in my area, I apply in Las Vegas because my hubby was going on 4 months of unemployment and we had 3 kids so we HAD to find a job. I got one quickly down there and we moved. We weren't super happy, but it was what we had.

So come August the next year I'm up visiting my family back home, we load back into our van to drive back to Las Vegas and I get a phone call asking if I'd like to interview at a high school up here (home) on Wednesday (it was then Monday) I said "I'm on my way back to Las Vegas RIGHT now, can you do it on the phone?" He said "No, but I could do it at 11." It was 10:45. So my husband flipped the car around I interviewed we moved the next weekend and I started Tuesday. It was insane.

So the state goes into financial free fall and my district loses funding and my position goes away. I interviewed at TWELVE places got a job out of the area again and just couldn't move again and then finally landed a job in the area.

It was awful. I cried daily. My boss was awful. I had a parent that actually was slandering me, I won't even repeat what she said, but if you'd like to know I'll PM you, it was just horrible. I tried to complain about it, but my boss was fighting me while doing it and thankfully they offered to let me out of my contract, that wasn't the only option, but I left over Christmas break. So I'm thinking, that's it, I've trashed my teaching career I'll forever be a sub. So I subbed the rest of the year and didn't even really look for a job because I had just totally had it and I by then had 5 kids and one was only a couple months old.

But August came again and a local high school in the district I had worked at previously called me and said they had a part time spot and wanted to interview me. I was thrilled at that idea because part time could let me see if I still wanted to do it without investing everything into it again. I loved it, it was wonderful. They only had a part time spot still the next year (last year) though, so I had to find full time work so I could take care of my family.

So again in August I was hired, to be a special ed math teacher. I'm just a math teacher, I'm not special ed. So I had to sign a one year thing and that meant that yes, again I'm STILL without a job...but hey as of a few hours ago, it's August...

I am so over it though I'd almost rather be on unemployment. This is just crap. Why is it so hard to get a teaching job? I thought they told me teaching math I'd always have a job? Oh, they meant anywhere but Boise, Idaho. (Literally, if I leave this area I could have a job instantly.)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search