Cooking

Forum: Due Date Club of January 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By mandy5586
  • 5 Post By momie2b9-20-11
  • 1 Post By Mrs Arena

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of January 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Have you been or are you back to cooking now? Are you making what you would typically cook if not pregnant or are you making easier things, etc?

August 14th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm cooking pretty normal now. I do like to make casseroles or bigger meals though so they can last more than one meal so I don't have to cook every night.

Breakfast have changed a lot though. I rarely get up and make an actual breakfast for me and Kynslee anymore. We more snack or have cereal (this morning I had chips and dip & yesterday we both had popcorn for breakfast). On weekends when DH is home I try and make breakfast but DH usually helps. Being in kitchen early morning this time around has not been fun for me.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

August 14th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Ninky's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mostly. Lunches are pretty hit or miss right now. Been eating alot of fast food. But dinners are pretty much normal now.

Pounds Lost Before Our Second Miracle: 57

August 14th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Kinsma90's Avatar Impatiently Waiting
Back to cooking more but not on the stove. I make most things on the stove not PG but PG, I can not stand there for that long b/c of the low BP, so I've been pinning oven meals left and right. haha
NTNP 2/2012. TTC 7/2012. ATTC 1/2013. TTCMA 01/2014.
MA Cycle #1 400mg Prometrium. CD1 2/7. 50mg Clomid CD 3-7. BFN.
MA Cycle #2 CD1 4/3. 100mg Clomid CD 3-7. BFP 4/25 @ 3w2d.
EDD 1/6/15. Dx ICP @ 32wks. DS born 12/22/14 @ 37w5d.
August 14th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsma90 View Post
Back to cooking more but not on the stove. I make most things on the stove not PG but PG, I can not stand there for that long b/c of the low BP, so I've been pinning oven meals left and right. haha
Do you have a crock pot? Sometimes I feel like I am the queen of crock pot meals. I have so many, lol
rusticbythesea01 likes this.

August 14th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I cook about the same, that never really stopped for me though. However, my belly is starting to get in the way, so I may have to figure out other things. I also LOVE casseroles and tend to make those and one pot meals a lot.

August 14th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I also love croc pot meals. Or, in the summer I love to BBQ - or rather I get the meals ready and DH grills it. Makes cooking easy and then we both get involved and I'm not cooking for so long.

Tomorrow is a croc pot and bbq day. I'm putting bonesless ribs in the crock pot to simmer and get tender then let meat cool, put a rub on it and DH bbq's them & some squash. I don't have to do much except getting the squash ready and putting ribs in croc pot. I may also do instant mashed potatoes or salad. Super easy and should last us 2 meals

We should start a recipe subform - would that interest anyone? I know we did in our last DDC and sometimes it was nice to have new recipes to try that other moms approve of.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

August 14th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am back to cooking most nights. There are a couple of nights where my nausea is too strong and DH will throw something on the grill (that's pretty much the extent of his cooking).
BFP#1: 8/11, DS born sleeping at 19 weeks
BFP#2: 5/12, our rainbow, DS born 1/4/13
BFP#3: 11/13, missed miscarriage discovered at 10 weeks
BFP#4: 5/17, EDD 1/15/15, praying this is our second rainbow
August 14th, 2014, 05:59 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Never really stopped cooking. I do need more crockpot recipes though because sports are about to start and if I don't do that we will be eating fastfood for dinner 3 days a week and that's not happening!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

August 15th, 2014, 05:40 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
Yeah I never stopped cooking either a few times I had the older girls help but I told them step by step instructions. Dh is a great cook but he only cooks on the weekends because he works late.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

August 15th, 2014, 05:57 AM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
I love crock pot meals!!! I would love more crock pot recipes too! I cook most nights, except the nights I work. Those are good crock pot days so I can come home to it ready and df can eat when he gets home and I'm still at work.

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
August 15th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Jeany
In the last week I'm cooking dinner more to last two days. I don't cook chicken as much because I can handle the raw meat smell.

August 15th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Veteran
I'm pretty much back to normal apart from eggs; I just can't cope with the texture/consistency/smell. So gross just thinking about it. And OH has to empty the food recycling because I just can't take our tub out to the communal bin (we live in a flat) - but to be fair that's a stomach-churning task @ the best of times.

If I had my way it'd be griddled meat & vegetables 3 times a day based on what I'm craving The kids are at my mum's for a few days so it's been really nice to cook all the things that OH & I love but the kids don't.

I'm gonna confess to taking a few more shortcuts than usual though usually I'm a cook-from-scratch girl but I used packet sauce for hollandaise this evening (shocker!) I could lie and tell you it was cos of the rawish eggs in a proper hollandaise but seeing as I ate a pack of smoked salmon for brunch I'm clearly not following the food rules religiously...I just can't be bothered.
August 15th, 2014, 09:19 PM
Kinsma90's Avatar Impatiently Waiting
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy5586 View Post
Do you have a crock pot? Sometimes I feel like I am the queen of crock pot meals. I have so many, lol
Just a 2qt one I got for $3 on Black Friday years ago. It's so tiny. It's great for cocktail franks or rotel dip but not much else. haha. But after seeing all the crock pot meals on Pintrest, I totally want a big like 6qt one now and completely plan to get one very soon!! I pinned some recipes already. I can even use my little one for desserts at the same time and kill two birds b/c there were yummy-looking desserts on there, too, but we wouldn't need a lot of it. Perfect!

And oh my gosh once the temp is in the 70s again in a few months, you better believe DH will be cooking out. We cooked out a ton last year. Turkey burgers and sausages and corn are all so much better on the grill. haha. And I miss being on the patio and DD misses the swing, but it's just too hot. haha

I also 2nd a recipe sub-forum. Especially toddler-tested ones! I have a very picky DD. And DH, actually! It's really hard to get him to eat anything besides meat - which DD and I only like in small doses. lol. And I'm always looking for interesting holiday sides now that I cook at home for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
NTNP 2/2012. TTC 7/2012. ATTC 1/2013. TTCMA 01/2014.
MA Cycle #1 400mg Prometrium. CD1 2/7. 50mg Clomid CD 3-7. BFN.
MA Cycle #2 CD1 4/3. 100mg Clomid CD 3-7. BFP 4/25 @ 3w2d.
EDD 1/6/15. Dx ICP @ 32wks. DS born 12/22/14 @ 37w5d.

Last edited by Kinsma90; August 15th, 2014 at 09:24 PM.
August 16th, 2014, 04:36 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
My husband is our cook. It is quite rare for me to cook.

August 16th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Veteran
I would love to start a recipe subforum!

I am back to cooking like normal. I was having some very low bp issues in the first trimester where I would almost pass out at the stove but I seem to be doing better now. I need to figure out some freezer meals for when I am in the hospital and just home so I don't have to cook like crazy!
Kinsma90 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search