How did you tell DH/SO?

Forum: January 2015 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes
  • 3 Post By Hopingfor1soon
  • 2 Post By Tiff802
  • 4 Post By Sarah7181
  • 2 Post By Mrs Arena
  • 2 Post By MusicFanatic79
  • 3 Post By LilHerndon
  • 3 Post By Nayna
  • 2 Post By rusticbythesea01
  • 1 Post By Kinsma90
  • 1 Post By Overjoyed-new-mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2015 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
Ours wasn't too exciting. I had an extra white t-shirt that still fit DS so after two days of POAS and getting BFPs I took the shirt and write BIG BROTHER TO BE JAN 2015. DH came home from work and saw Mason's shirt right away and definitely knew.

May 9th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I almost crapped my pants when I found out since we weren't planning on having anymore so I just called him up at work and freaked him out too. He said he didn't do anymore work for the rest of the day. hahaha!
LJD3Tdance and Hopingfor1soon like this.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

May 9th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm lurking, but I was so shocked with wyatt, my second baby, that I called dh up at work and asked him, "so, um, do you want a girl or a boy??" Lol our baby was 7 months old. His coworkers said he stared at the wall all day.

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 9th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Veteran
I POAS on my lunch break at work because I just wasn't feeling "right" it was a very clear BFP so I stopped on the way home and bought a shirt that says BIG BRO. I put it on our DS in the store parking lot and put his hoodie back over it. I had my DH take off his hoodie when we got home and he didn't even notice so I asked DS to show Daddy his new shirt. DH asked me really? then told me Congratulations LOL
May 9th, 2014, 02:03 PM
MusicFanatic79's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It wasn't really a surprise, he told me to test.. haha.
I was charting and temping- my chart was amazing looking. And I was feeling really "off" .. having symptoms I had never had before. So he was really anxious for me to test. I did, and we actually just read the results together.. so there wasn't a big thing for him. It was big for me, though, because I watched my husband of almost 10 years tear up.. and he hasn't done that since our wedding day!

May 9th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I put my BFP in some tissue paper in a gift bag and told DH I got him a present. He opened it right after he got in the car when he got off the train and he was like "Seriously?!" LOL He was shocked for a good few hours, but super excited.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

May 9th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Nayna's Avatar Super Mommy
I sent my DH a text. lol

Thinking pink
May 9th, 2014, 03:30 PM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
I just told df when he got home from work that I tested & it's positive! He was thrilled!!!

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
May 9th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Kinsma90's Avatar Impatiently Waiting
I told him to go get some FRER. lol
LJD3Tdance likes this.
NTNP 2/12. TTC 7/2012. ATTC 1/2013. TTCMA 01/2014.
790 Days Later: BFP 4/24. EDD 1/6. Dx ICP @ 32wks. DS born @ 37w5d.
We were WTTC(MA) until 2019. Whoops!

http://www.yourwholebaby.org
May 9th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Overjoyed-new-mommy's Avatar Elisha
Our DD made daddy a card that said I'm going to be a big sister
LJD3Tdance likes this.

May 9th, 2014, 09:31 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I haven't. I just found out a few moments ago. I'm not sure how I'll tell him. I'm not sure how he'll take the whole thing since we were talking like we were done.

May 10th, 2014, 03:19 PM
3plus3's Avatar Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayna View Post
I sent my DH a text. lol

Glad I'm not the only one!

I actually sent a picture of my BFP via FB messenger lol. He's working doubles today-- I couldnt hold out that long!
May 11th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Courtney
Lol- the day I first had a faint bfp, I was trying to figure out how to bring it up when DH asked me if I had tested that day. I said "yes". He said, "are you sad about getting another negative?" because he just assumed it was negative again, since it always had been before! So I told him I wasn't sure it was negative. It was super faint, so I wasn't actually sure yet, but that little line was more than I'd ever seen before. Now, a few days later, I have an unmistakable BFP So basically, DH knew from the start lol.
Married in August 2012. TTC #1 right away.
May 2014- Finally got our BFP!!! January 2015- welcomed our sweet baby boy.
February 2016- Surprise (but wanted) BFP! Baby #2 due October 2016!
May 12th, 2014, 10:54 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For this one, we both got surprised at my yearly exam. I had been feeling a bit off, so I asked for a test. Nurse walked in, and said "You're pregnant". Huge ol' grin

For our first (DD), I tested early in the morning before I had to get to class, and woke him up a bit early because I didn't want to tell him on the drive, and couldn't wait all day. I CALMLY said "I need to show you something before class", and he freaked the hell out... thought something was wrong with one of the kids. That one definitely didn't go as planned. He was in shock... we were npnt, and I guess he just didn't think it was going to happen

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d
May 13th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I surprised him by writing a note saying I loved him and Kynslee and how excited I am to be adding another blessing to our family, ect... and my approx EDD and left the test on the counter with the positive test. He gets up at 5 and I tested about 3am. He can into the room around 5:10 and asked me when I bought a test and laid down on the bed next to me. He didn't think I'd sneak around a buy a test myself. He was shocked and said he'd have to find a new job to support another baby (though we were TTC & talked about job situation) and then was excited but I think still in shock
May 13th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DH works nights so he gets up around 4ish to get ready for work. It was a Sunday and I had been to Target with the girls and decided to grab some cheap digi's. I wasn't going to test just yet because I was still 2 days from AF. But, I read that the sensitivity of the Target digi was about 25 so I decided why not, they were cheap, if it was negative I would just wait a few days and take another. Well, I heard DH get in the shower and I was back and forth for a few minutes. I went and got the test and took it to our powder room. I was folding laundry so I left it in the bathroom while I tried not to think about the little timer...lol! I went in the bathroom and started shaking when I saw that word "pregnant". DH was, at this point, out of the shower so I walked up, stood next to him in the bathroom and set it down on the counter. He looked at it and said, really? How long have you been waiting to show me that...lol! I said, I just took it We had been trying so he was excited!

May 13th, 2014, 12:40 PM
E_P_Baby_Makes_3's Avatar E <3 P waiting on 3
Ours was NOT glamorous. ha! I came home from seeing a client, and said I couldn't wait I just had to know. My husband was home, and so I peed on the stick and before I could even get out of the bathroom it was positive. I said, "Oh my gosh!" and he yelled "what?" I showed him and we both laughed and cried. ha! And then did three more tests.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search