Strollers

Forum: January 2015 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Mom2AnAngel2
  • 3 Post By momie2b9-20-11
  • 2 Post By momma_d
  • 1 Post By Mrs Arena
  • 1 Post By Hopingfor1soon

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2015 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2014, 08:23 AM
Mrscanadianbacon's Avatar Veteran
I seem to be eyeing up all of the strollers I see around the the city. Just wondering if any btdt moms swear by a particular one or any one done their research and know what they will buy?
June 23rd, 2014, 09:01 AM
AmyGail's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will only be buying a stoller if this is a boy baby. We already have a girl one we used with my daughter. I have looked at a few; there are sooo many!!

Baby Stonehawk Warrior due January 12th!!!

My name is Amy ~ Mommy to 3
Treston, 20 ~ Tanner, 15 ~ Lali, 4
My little angel babies~ lost 10/2013 @ 7w1d (June DDC) & 3/2014 @ 8w2d (Oct DDC)
June 23rd, 2014, 09:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have an Uppababy Vista and LOVE it. Now I only have to buy the converter piece and it will become a double stroller. I debated between the Vista and the CityMini, but a friend had the CitiMinu and the wheel went flat. The Uppababy wheels are solid and can never go flat. I have not regretted my decision yet.

I also have a Chico umbrella stiller for travel (I don't remember the style name). I like that this slroller goes completely flat for napping. If u remember correctly, that style came out with an "Ultra" version that can also attach an infant seat (this did not exist when I had DS).
Mrscanadianbacon likes this.
BFP#1: 8/11, DS born sleeping at 19 weeks
BFP#2: 5/12, our rainbow, DS born 1/4/13
BFP#3: 11/13, missed miscarriage discovered at 10 weeks
BFP #4: 5/14, our second rainbow, DD born 1/23/15
Praying for another LO!
June 23rd, 2014, 09:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We'll only buy one if it's a boy as well. We already have a girl stroller. It's a Graco. I like it.

June 23rd, 2014, 09:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have a single EvenFlo that was part of a travel system, I liked it, was easy to unfold and fold. We also have a Graco double stroller that we got from a friend. I like both of them, wouldn't say I love them...lol! We also have a Sit n Stand that we bought 2nd hand, we didn't use it as much, I was all excited about it, but it just didn't work as well for us.

June 23rd, 2014, 10:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We LOVE our stroller!! It's a quality stroller and is a little more expensive but DH and I both knew we wanted it so we found it used on craigslist for about $350. We've gotten soo many compliments on it and we love it every time we use it. It is a little heavy and you can't jog with it but it steers great and rides smooth on most terrains (we took it hunting and was great!). We got a used bugaboo frog for a bit and ended up selling as we liked the Peg Perego skate better

If you get a model before 2011 (which we did) then the bassinet and the stroller is one piece so the stroller grows with your child. And, ours came with the boot to make a complete bassinet and was so easy to put her down when an infant, go for a walk and come home and take bassinet off and let her sleep. We took it everywhere and I always had a mini-bed for baby as the bassinet could be placed just about anywhere as it laid flat and she could stay asleep for hours. Now that she's older we just adjusted the straps and took the boot off and the bassinet turns into a toddler seat. The wheels can be aired up so they don't go flat.

Sorry this ended up being a long review but we LOVE the stroller and if you're willing to spend a little $ this is worth it if you can buy it used (or if you have the extra $700 then buy it new but we didn't).

Here are pics I found off internet of exact stroller we have:

Shown as a bassinet

Shown as toddler seat (and can face you or outwards).
June 23rd, 2014, 10:55 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Everyone raves about the Chicco travel set, but I hated it. Honestly- my cheap evenflo set was better and lasted longer, and we are really rough on our strollers! I need a double stroller this time around and I have no idea what I want!
June 23rd, 2014, 11:35 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma_d View Post
Everyone raves about the Chicco travel set, but I hated it. Honestly- my cheap evenflo set was better and lasted longer, and we are really rough on our strollers! I need a double stroller this time around and I have no idea what I want!
I love my chicco infant carrier, but hate the stroller that came with the travel set! Plus now it's so hard to find any double stroller that will work with the carrier!

That said I also love the chicco umbrella strollers! I have a Chicco Liteway (the plus accepts the infant carrier and came out after I already had mine)

I also have a jogging stroller that I love but can't remember the brand now.

I buy strollers like most women buy shoes and purses LOL!
June 23rd, 2014, 11:59 AM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
It really depends on what all and where you will be using it. We rarely used ours and knew we wouldn't so we just used the cheap graco that came with our infant seat as a travel system.

June 23rd, 2014, 03:56 PM
Rach333's Avatar mom to five♥
I'm not too picky when it comes to strollers. Honestly I don't use them that much except on ocassional big shopping sprees and vacations. I have a single stroller that I forget the brand but I absolutely love it. It's black and orange.. that's not helpful, lol (Edit: Found it!). I also have a Joovy Caboose sit and stand which has space for a little one in the front and an older child to sit or stand in the back. I love that one too!!

Last edited by Rach333; June 23rd, 2014 at 04:02 PM.
June 23rd, 2014, 05:58 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am going to be jogging my butt off (literally) after baby is born. I have a jogging stroller right now that I really don't care for and it's a single. I will need a double. I have a double grace stroller that I've had since ds2 and a couple umbrella strollers.

I am stalking craigslist currently for a used Phil and Ted double jogging stroller. I feel like I deserve it!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

June 23rd, 2014, 06:39 PM
Jeany
My click connect Graco travel unit was perfect for me. I'm just researching double strollers now

Dd born 1/6/15
June 24th, 2014, 09:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd love to get this double stroller (Kolcraft Contours LT tandem stroller) Contours Options LT Tandem Stroller : Target

I love that there are so many seating options. And, that the seats can face each other. Plus, it's not that expensive considering all the options. I saw a Contours double stroller for $120 shortly after I got my BFP but we wanted to be see the hb before we spent that much money. I saw a mom once that had this stroller (before we were pregnant) and she said she loved the stroller.

Last edited by momie2b9-20-11; June 24th, 2014 at 09:59 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search