Exclusive pumpers?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mad Hatter's Milk Party LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2014, 12:13 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Anyone else exclusively pumping? How much is your baby eating? Are you able to start a freezer stash?

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

April 28th, 2014, 12:39 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not but I do wonder, how many oz and how often does your baby eat? Not sure what increments to start my freezer stash with!

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
April 28th, 2014, 12:45 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
All of my freezer stash is in 5 oz bags. I have about 30 bags frozen. I am in major over production mode so I offer him 4 oz every 3ish hours when he is hungry and he usually leaves about an ounce in the bottle that I just dump when I wash it. I would say he eats about 26 oz a day or so.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

Last edited by geogeek; April 28th, 2014 at 05:23 PM.
April 28th, 2014, 03:03 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not this time but I did for a short while with dd2 and would have continued if it hadn't been for the awful yeast infection! I remember I would get about 6-8 oz a pump session by 4 weeks in. So, not huge overproduced but not too bad.

As for what she ate I so can't remember. I pumped once this time and got 2 oz out of one boob so I assume he's eating 2-4 oz a feeding and eating about 8-10 times a day.
April 28th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im having such a hard time with him latching I'm considering doing pumping only. He has had bottles all day and honestly its just much easier on us. And the nights are so much easier with bottles.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
April 28th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Super Mommy
I'm EPing, because he isn't efficient enough nursing. He'll nurse for 45 minutes and then suck down a full bottle 10 minutes later. He drinks 2-3 oz in a sitting, and eats every 2-3 hours. He's at about 20-25 oz a day.

Logan Connor - March 3, 2014
5 weeks early and absolutely perfect
April 28th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am but I'm worried about my supply. I'm currently producing 4-5 oz per session every three hours. I'm taking fenugreek and drinking Gatorade and Ovaltine each day and drinking loads of water. On Wednesday I'm going to ask the doc for Domperidone and see if he is willing to let me try that.

My schedule is 3-6-9-12 am and pm. Nights are only possible because DH does the feeding while I pump. I'm not sure how long I can keep this up but so far everything is manageable!

DD #1 born April 5, 2013; 9 lbs 11 oz
Baby # 2 due late July 2015.... Shhhhhh! Facebook doesn't know yet!
April 29th, 2014, 12:39 AM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is baby drinking more than you're pumping Anna? Just wondering cause 4-5 oz sounds like a lot to me.

Also I took reglan with ds when my supple started to drop and it make me tired, foggy, and crazy! Will do anything besides that this time.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
April 29th, 2014, 01:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She is routinely drinking four ounces every 2.5 hours, so I make just enough for her, but when she wants a two ounce snack here and there, that's when I fall short. I'm having to give her one bottle of formula about every two to three days at this rate.

I'm currently taking fenugreek and blessed thistle and it is helping, but I'd really like the Domperidone so I can switch to a 4-8-12 schedule for pumping. Im exhausted with my pumping schedule and DDs feeding schedule and just that little change would help tremendously!

DD #1 born April 5, 2013; 9 lbs 11 oz
Baby # 2 due late July 2015.... Shhhhhh! Facebook doesn't know yet!
May 7th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Super Mommy
I've only been pumping for 4 days after I stopped BF-ing when my nipples started bleeding. I'm pumping every 2-3 hours except at night when I try to catch a little extra sleep to be able to function. At most I can pump an ounce - usually less. I'm increasing my pumping time and trying to be closer to 2 hours rather than 3. Any hope I'll be able to get up to the production the rest of you have in a couple of weeks? Robbie is a week old as of yesterday - I'm not able to pump enough so I supplement with formula. He's eating on average 2 oz a feeding.
May 7th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Veteran
I exclusively pumped with dd1 and now dd2. I pump every 3-3 1/2 hrs for 15-20minutes and get anywhere from 4-7oz. DD takes 3.5oz every 3 hours. I have a serious freezer supply already (65 bags 5oz bags) and DD is only one month. My goal is to pump and store as long as I can because once I am full time back to work I won't be able to keep my pump schedule and will eventually dry up. So I can assure DD can keep going.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search