Progesterone

Forum: Due Date Club of February 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By valentinemommy
  • 1 Post By amyld
  • 1 Post By babymomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of February 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Veteran
I know I am one of the select few in the due date club who conceived by ivf but I was hoping for a little advice. I have been on progesterone since my transfer which is normal procedure for ivf patients and I had my last appointment with my re last week and he said to stop taking the progesterone at 10 weeks, which is next Friday. I am so scared to stop taking it. He says that the placenta takes over between weeks 8 and 9 and they just keep me on an extra week to be sure but what if mine hasn't taken over by then. I just got another refill and I am thinking of continuing it until I run out, which would probably be 11.5 weeks. I never had any blood draws for progesterone. What would you ladies do? It doesn't hurt to stay on. I am soooo ready to be done with these shots but will do them forever if it means my baby is healthy.

IVF #1 5/2014 16 retrieved, 14 fertilized (icsi), transferred 2 (4 cell) day 2...BFP 8dp2dt (10dpo). Beta 13dpo, 132. Beta 17dpo, 769.

July 10th, 2014, 07:33 AM
valentinemommy's Avatar aka GreenMomma
Ironic that you posted this, because I was just looking it up. I am only using the cream but will be out around 10 weeks, so was worried. Here is some great info.

As the placenta forms and grows, it develops the ability to produce hormones. The cells that make up the placenta, known as trophoblasts, are able to convert cholesterol from the mother’s bloodstream into progesterone. Between weeks 6-9 of pregnancy, the placenta takes over from the ovaries as the main producer of progesterone.

It's from this site:
You & Your Hormones | Topical issues | Hormones of pregnancy and labour

It won't hurt to stay on a little longer or maybe wean off. But I don't think anything is going to go wrong if you stop at 10 weeks. I will probably use my full dose until 10 weeks and then start using half doses until I start to run out...just makes me feel safer. I can imagine you are ready to be done with that shot!
babymomma likes this.

July 10th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Veteran
I was on it with my IVF twins and stopped at 10 weeks. Counting down until Sunday when I'll be 10 weeks and can stop this time! My doc says exactly what yours does. It won't hurt to continue if you want though!
babymomma likes this.
July 10th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Veteran
Thanks so much ladies. You made me feel much better. I would really like to stop at 10 weeks and you made me realize I will be ok.
valentinemommy likes this.

IVF #1 5/2014 16 retrieved, 14 fertilized (icsi), transferred 2 (4 cell) day 2...BFP 8dp2dt (10dpo). Beta 13dpo, 132. Beta 17dpo, 769.

July 10th, 2014, 02:27 PM
valentinemommy's Avatar aka GreenMomma
That's what we're here for. Glad you feel more comfortable.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search