Great first appointment

Forum: Due Date Club of February 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By d_tops
  • 1 Post By wvufan67
  • 1 Post By rabbitranch
  • 1 Post By andrews_sweetie
  • 1 Post By Scarlet Starlet
  • 1 Post By GreenGeek
  • 1 Post By valentinemommy
  • 1 Post By windywoodsmama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of February 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Dee
I wanted to gush a little.

The midwife practice where I go has them on rotating shifts at the hospital, so I make prenatal appointments with whomever is available. I have my favorites, of course, but it seems logical to meet them all with my clothes on first rather than getting introduced at L&D.

Today, my first appointment was with one of the best women in the planet. I'd only met her the day before my son was born, and she ended up being the one on duty who gave me the news that I was sick and he was going to have to come early, right away, via c-section. She was amazing, and even though she had a lot of vaginal births to attend, she checked in on me several times that night. (Always in a different shirt, I observed. It was a really messy delivery day, she said.)

She remembers our conversations, my trepidation, exact things that were said as clearly as I do. We talked for a long time today about that experience and all that I learned from it, and she was so genuinely thrilled that I was back with another pregnancy. She was straightforward about what we could try this time through, what my risks are at my age and with my history... she was amazing.

We agree I'm about 6.5 weeks, and since dating is pretty important with the whole VBAC/pre-e scenario, I agreed to come back in two weeks for an early dating ultrasound. (For anyone trying to avoid a TVU, she said to come with a FULL bladder. I guess it lifts up your uterus and makes an abdominal a little easier early in a pregnancy.)
July 10th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad you had a good appointment.
d_tops likes this.

July 10th, 2014, 12:37 PM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
What a nice feeling to find someone who knows your history and is supportive! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes just as well
d_tops likes this.

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
July 10th, 2014, 12:50 PM
andrews_sweetie's Avatar Mom to Aiden
Welcome. Glad everything went well.
d_tops likes this.
July 10th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Scarlet Starlet's Avatar Teleport Birthing Founder
Very cool!
d_tops likes this.
July 10th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Super Mommy
Oh yes that full bladder helps with not getting a TVU. In fact when I got to mine today they told me to empty my bladder, I shrugged and did it. My bladder filled up so fast again that she could barely see the uterus on the inside. She did a belly one and there was the little bug big as day.

Glad you had a wonderful appointment!!!
d_tops likes this.
July 10th, 2014, 04:15 PM
valentinemommy's Avatar aka GreenMomma
Glad you had a great appointment. I switch back and forth between two OBs...I love love love one of them. The other...meh lol. But it's great when they schedule you with your fave. I hope mine's there when I deliver.
d_tops likes this.

July 10th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Super Mommy
So glad you had a good appointment. It's really nice to know someone remembers you and is willing to really listen to you and discuss what's on your mind!
d_tops likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search