Mumto6boys

Forum: Due Date Club of February 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WantingAnother

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of February 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2014, 10:03 AM
WantingAnother's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you the other mommy besides me taking Lovenox injections? If so, what do you take a day?

July 31st, 2014, 08:55 AM
Bump

July 31st, 2014, 09:01 AM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
Not taking Lovenox but I am on baby aspirin. I kind of wanted to do the blood thinners, there's a standard at Johns Hopkins for their pregnant lupus clinic patients who have had previous preeclampsia or similar pregnancy issues to do Lovenox and baby aspirin combined regardless of whether or not they have documented blood clotting issues. Their studies indicate that baby aspirin alone is not effective. But, my peri here doesn't do that. I don't envy you daily injections, though!

If anyone is bored and wants to read about it:

http://www.hopkinslupus.org/lupus-in...pus-pregnancy/

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d

Last edited by rabbitranch; July 31st, 2014 at 09:03 AM.
July 31st, 2014, 09:06 AM
I wonder why he won't let you use the combination knowing it's not as effective with baby aspirin alone? That's not right of him. I am on the Lovenox because 3 weeks after my youngest was born I developed a DVT. It was very serious and they they placed me on Coumadin. I took Coumadin for a few months and then they put me on the new Xarelto. None of those are safe in pregnancy so that's why I got switched. However, right when I found out I was pregnant this time was at my one year mark when I was going to go off those thinners and onto just baby aspirin but since I was now preg they decided Lovenox was safer.

On Lovenox you can't have an epidural. So at about 36-37 weeks they will switch me to Heparin and I'll inject 3 times a day until birth. I am sure I will have to remain on something for a bit afterwards as well.

July 31st, 2014, 09:11 AM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
I don't know. With baby #3 I had severe pre-e and HELLP syndrome combined with a very unhealthy placenta and a baby born 10 weeks early. Then baby #4 I once again had a thickened placenta (although not like with #3) and at 37 weeks I had an abruption. Scary, scary stuff. But the peris here all seem more reactive than proactive. I've been to both of the major high risk groups we have here and the one I'm with now is by far better but I don't understand the hesitation on my doing Lovenox. No one could ever figure out why I have placental issues. The *only* thing I can think of is the previous diagnosis of HELLP syndrome. That really freaks doctors out.

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
July 31st, 2014, 09:15 AM
That is scary! I am sorry you have to deal with that. Hopefully this pregnancy will be easier on you.

July 31st, 2014, 09:41 PM
mumto6boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey, yeah it's me...sorry I just noticed the post. I'm on 40 mg once a day. I'm on it bc I have 2 clotting disorders which caused me to miscarry 5 times before it was found. I also am supposed to switch to Heparin before delivering but I didn't get the chance last time and ended up having to suffer through hours of excruciating labor while I waited for the clotting test to clear me for surgery. Hopefully my dr times it better this time so I don't go through that again.

August 1st, 2014, 12:37 PM
OMGoodness! I hope it gets fixed for you this time around! I just seen my high risk doc this morning. He will switch me to Heparin near the end too and wants to deliver between 37-39. He's leaning more toward 37 weeks because I have a history of pre-term labor. I am on 80mg once a day right now.

I hope you don't have to go through all the pain this time!
mumto6boys likes this.

August 1st, 2014, 03:34 PM
mumto6boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantingAnother View Post
OMGoodness! I hope it gets fixed for you this time around! I just seen my high risk doc this morning. He will switch me to Heparin near the end too and wants to deliver between 37-39. He's leaning more toward 37 weeks because I have a history of pre-term labor. I am on 80mg once a day right now.

I hope you don't have to go through all the pain this time!

I wouldn't mind going through all the pain if they would just let me deliver vaginally. It was really stupid last time bc by the time they got all the labs back I was dilated to like 8 but they still wanted to do the C-section. I should have refused it but I was delirious in pain by that point. If it did happen again that way and I'm nearly dilated I'll probably just tell them to leave me alone and let me deliver my baby. The Dr will probably freak out but they can't force me to have surgery if I refuse. I do hope though that I make it to my delivery date but I doubt it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search