totally random discussion- male obgyn's

Forum: Due Date Club of February 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Farmers-wife
  • 4 Post By MistyLynn85
  • 2 Post By wvufan67
  • 1 Post By Pumpkinpatch
  • 1 Post By Katie7690
  • 1 Post By jshor09

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of February 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2014, 06:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
My husband brought up this discussion and it has gotten quite comical lol How does a guy decide to become an OBGYN? Like, what's the motive? There are so many types of physicians, etc, why OB? Do they like babies? Vagina's? Lmao, DH goes, does a high school boy just wake up one morning and say, "Ok, I'm going to college so I can examine vagina's every day for the rest of my life. I'm cracking up..I don't know how to answer that! Lol

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/30/15! It's A Girl!

Last edited by momopotamus; August 21st, 2014 at 06:48 PM.
August 21st, 2014, 06:47 PM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
I think they think it would great to look at vag all day! lol

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

August 21st, 2014, 08:11 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I asked mine this a few babies ago. He said he knew he wanted to be a doctor, in the hospital, and ob/babies were the place people were happy to be in the hospital. He said he loves being a part of that moment when our babies are born into our families. He is very sweet and very sensitive. I'm pretty sure I'm his favorite patient, but I get he makes everyone believe that.
d_tops likes this.
August 21st, 2014, 08:51 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
My doc is my family doc and he delivers babies

He is amazing and just a nurturer so I think he just loves babies really he has 4 of it's own
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

August 22nd, 2014, 06:28 AM
MistyLynn85's Avatar Veteran
I work for a large health care company and we have 4 OB offices. We send out surveys to patients and I swear that 75% of our surveys from the OB offices are raving on the male OB/GYN's! I go to an office that has 2 males and 4 females, one of the males is my regular doctor. I love him. Seriously, I dont care what made him decide to be an OB/GYN, I'm glad he made that decision! And with me working in the corperate office, I see how much they do outside of their office and the hospital. I like being able to see the ins and outs of it all!
August 22nd, 2014, 06:29 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Yeah that's a very good question. I don't think I could ever feel comfortable with a male OB. I would think it would be awkward.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

August 22nd, 2014, 06:31 AM
And I dont really wonder about male OB's... I wonder about ANYONE who decides to be a Proctologist!
August 22nd, 2014, 07:30 AM
Veteran
I asked my OB that a few years ago and to be honest I can't remember what he said. I am so glad he is an OB, though, because he is an absolute gem. I think DH was kind of weirded out at first (we were just BF/GF then) but he has really grown to like him a lot himself.
August 22nd, 2014, 08:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
dh & I have had a conversation like that before. In all seriousness though I have found male obgyn's to be more caring & gentle.
Iluvmybabies* and MistyLynn85 like this.

August 22nd, 2014, 11:18 AM
Pumpkinpatch's Avatar Mommy by Trade
I honestly love my OB. He just this week said how much he loves what he does! My oldest daughter thought to ask him this very question, and he told us he has always loved watching the development of and delivering babies. That's good enough for me!
wvufan67 likes this.
Preggers with DD#5 - Emmie (EDD 2.5.15)
Mommy to DD#1 - Katie (15); DD#2 - Julie (14); DD#3 - Belle (12) & DD#4 - Allie (3)
Mommy of An Angel Christopher London 6.1.07 - 5.19.10
& M/C Baby Angel Savannah 9.1

August 22nd, 2014, 07:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
I had an appointment for a recheck today with my OB who delivered my daughter (he no longer delivers babies ) he's the nicest guy but I didn't have the guts to ask him lol. On a lighter note he was feeling my belly and goes "can I give you my professional opinion?" I got all concerned and he said "your belly ring looks something like the Ebola virus.." Lmao. Its a little pink and white spikey ball! I thought it was neat lol

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/30/15! It's A Girl!

August 22nd, 2014, 09:10 PM
Super Mommy
I don't know what made my OB want to do what he does, but I LOVE him and would never switch. Fun fact: he was the doctor who delivered my husband.
Farmers-wife likes this.

August 23rd, 2014, 05:28 AM
Super Mommy
I've always been so awkward around male doctors. I wish I wasn't because I know there are great ones out there!

I think a few things get them into it. Bringing life into the world, more often then dealing with sickness. Also, job security.
August 23rd, 2014, 07:51 PM
Veteran
I love my ob/gyn. hes very caring. he sings happy bday to all the babies he delivers. and he will sing to the nurses if they are having a bad day. not quite sure why he became one. just know he is awesome at what he does. :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBrhF77Hqag
kimberzzz likes this.

August 26th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Dee
I've had a few encounters with the male OB/gyns in my midwives' practice - they were sensational. They had the absolute best bedside manner... very... Dr. Huxtibley.
August 26th, 2014, 11:47 AM
riversongbella's Avatar Veteran
totally thinking of the movie Doctor T ... I think they like the female anatomy ... like a female who wants to look at male parts all day long ... a man potentially obsessed with the female ... any gender in any medical role it depends on the person and their true calling to it. Personally male hands and fingers are too big so I couldn't comfortably have an OB male ... or perhaps its males who want to better understand females?
August 28th, 2014, 04:12 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have seen two male OB's in my youth and hated them both. Very uncaring and the last one I saw I left bleeding and cramping badly after a pap exam. I was 18 and still on my dads insurance so he found me a female doc and she is still who I see to this very day. She has delivered all but one of my children and I love her. She loves babies and just helping women all around, that's her motivation for being one. She always says she goes through the same things so she knows how nerve wrecking it can be. She talks to me through my exams cause I am always nervous and tense for some reason. By the time I look up it's over and I never have any pain or issues from them. She is very frank when speaking with me and I like that about her, she won't b.s me. Some may think her attitude is a bit rude or too forward but I like someone to just tell me the honest truth with out sugar coating it. She still has very good bedside manner but she won't stiff me around if I ask questions.

August 29th, 2014, 06:20 AM
This thread is getting too creepy for me. lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search