Horrible news for my family...Silver lining..maybe?

Forum: Due Date Club of February 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree52Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of February 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2014, 01:53 PM
valentinemommy's Avatar aka GreenMomma
Yea when they took him on and gave him the flashy new car and new phone, they promised a raise as well, bc they knew he was taking a huge pay cut. Two paychecks later, he brought it up that he was still receiving the low pay and within days he was out..so unfair. They were totally blowing smoke up our *****. They definitely couldn't afford him. I think we really just need to go back to the city. It's not what I want, but he makes good money there and we definitely won't have to live/worry like this anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momopotamus View Post
Oh Lia, I'm so sorry you're going through all of this I wish I lived closer to you, I wish there was something I could do to help I hate that this is happening to your family. I know that everything will come together for you, I hope it happens quickly. PM me if you need a shoulder! I've dealt with awful anxiety too, no fun. Xoxo
Thank you Jessica. I probably will message you. It's nice to have someone to talk to who understands anxiety attacks. I am starting to pull myself together finally. I have cried myself into dehydration the past two days, so just trying to recover physically so we can start fixing what's broken. Thanks girl.
momopotamus and Pumpkinpatch like this.

August 22nd, 2014, 02:16 PM
Veteran
I'm so sorry Lia. My hubby is being laid off too and it is scary. I know that here unemployment really sucks too, and I imagine that's true for you so there's no comfort there. I am saying a prayer for your family (((hugs)))

Remember to take extra good care of yourself for the baby, and just encourage DH that he is an excellent worker and he will find an employer that truly values him - he will find his place.

My DH says it comforts him to think that when he was laid off before (before were we were married) he was devastated, but it ended up being the best thing that ever happened to him. He says it's scarier now, with a family, but he knows that end the end things will work out.

Say your prayers if that's your thing - and trust that things will work out for you and your boys. Encourage your DH and trust him to be a good provider - he will find something.

When my DH was really down a couple of weeks ago I went to Walgreens just to find some kind of card to cheer him up. I found a perfect one - it said something along these lines.

"Remember that after every storm there is sunshine... I am here for you with an umbrella... and with sunglasses."

(DH cried in the office when I took it to him - so glad he has his own office!)

Remember sunshine will come after the storm. (((hugs)))
August 22nd, 2014, 04:19 PM
LadyTkachenko's Avatar *~GreenTeamFeb2015~*
I am so sorry Hun. I'm kinda in the same boat. I got laid off and my landlord didn't want to renew our lease. My kids and I are staying in the basement at my boyfriends place. Having trouble finding a new place. I too have always had a place since I was 18.
valentinemommy likes this.

August 22nd, 2014, 04:32 PM
Super Mommy
I am so sorry. How completely stupid and unfair.

August 22nd, 2014, 05:13 PM
Veteran
hugs and prayers

August 25th, 2014, 02:36 AM
Super Mommy
Oh wow Lia, how upsetting and stressful for you all. Definitely sounds like something more going on there. I am sending much love and light for you all and praying that this had to happen because there is something so much better for you all right around the corner. Take care xx
August 25th, 2014, 07:43 AM
<3
Asher (7) Noah (5) Sarah & Josiah (2) Baby #5 due 2.17.15

August 25th, 2014, 10:25 AM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs. I hope everything turns around for you.

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

August 25th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Thanks girls. We have some good leads on jobs for him, but nothing around here. I'm trying to get as much canning done as possible before I have to leave my garden behind and I met with the boys' teachers today to fill them in. Slowly but surely we will get outta this hole. Im stressed to the max but I have faith.

August 26th, 2014, 05:54 AM
Veteran
I was wondering about your garden. That stinks you put so much work into it and have to leave. I hope you can get most of the things from it!
August 26th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Dee
Oh, I am so very sorry you have to go through this. It sounds like you and your husband are strong, on the same team, and focused on the next move. I hope that wonderful things come for you as you deal with the changes that were forced upon you.
August 26th, 2014, 05:50 PM
kimberzzz's Avatar Veteran
My dh lost his job right before we found out we were pregnant with Jaycek. During the whole pregnancy he had no job and we were going through foreclosure. It was a rough and stressful time. We didn't end up losing the house then because of a long story, but we're going to lose it and are currently back in court over it. Its only a matter of time until we have to move. I'm really sorry you're going through all this. I hope things get worked out quickly so you will be able to get your own place. I've had to imagine us all going to stay with family and it is not something I would want to do either. ((((HUGS))))

Mommy to..
Aireana Joy 3/19/05
Zaylee Grace 3/17/09
Kian Dayne 9/4/10
Jaycek Robert 3/1/12

4/3/14
August 26th, 2014, 07:10 PM
sweetpea0714's Avatar Veteran
I'm so sorry your family is having to deal with all this. My thoughts and prayers are with you all!
August 27th, 2014, 05:52 AM
I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful group of women to lean on right now. You guys are awesome!

Somewhat of an update: Justin left for an interview last night. He took a train, so that I could have the car (the kids don't get bussed to school). This could be a great opportunity for us. I'm waiting on pins and needles to hear from him. He got tired of hunting job sites and decided to google map appliances repair centers and called one on a whim. Well, the guy is wanting to go into retirement and said the call was a blessing and that he needed the help, but had not advertised yet. He wants Justin to run his own store! It all seems perfect, but we are waiting to see how much it would actually pay and if it is enough for us to move across the state. I miss him so much already. It is so weird with him gone. He is really putting himself out there and doing all he can to get us in a house before having to stay with family. I'm so proud of him. I am still struggling, but it makes me happy knowing that when we should being falling apart, we are managing to hold it together and be strong as a team. Leaving the garden and my family here definitely sucks, but I am making peace with what I have to leave behind and trying to look forward to the good that could come out of this for my family. I really hope that this interview is the start of that.

On a happier note...I have been super worried about my LO. With all the stress and crying etc, I had not felt him move for a few days. But 2 days ago, he decided to stop being so shy and is moving all over the place! Soooo thankful to know he is still ok in there.

Kim, I really hope things work out for your family too. It really is so difficult to get through something like this without letting your kids feel the stress and for them to not feel displaced in it all. If there is one thing I know, it is that being a Mom means so many things. Above all it means strength, because at times, you really do have to take on the world. And you have to do it all with a straight face, not letting anyone know how much you just want to crumble! Big hugs Mama! Message me any time you wanna chat.

August 27th, 2014, 06:11 AM
Veteran
This update made me so happy! Fingers crossed it all works out for you. I'm very impressed at your strength. You're doing such an amazing job keeping your family together! And what a relief that the baby is moving around. It's like he/she knew you needed some movement to put your mind at ease. Keep us updated on the job front! Sending lots of good thoughts your way.
August 27th, 2014, 06:50 AM
MistyLynn85's Avatar Veteran
August 27th, 2014, 06:51 AM
Thank you Amy! I will definitely KUP!

August 27th, 2014, 01:50 PM
maiflower's Avatar Lailas mommy
hugs

It's A Boy!!
August 27th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Super Mommy
So good to see your update! I hope everything works out with the job. I am so impressed by your strength; I don't know if I could hold it together in such a tough situation. Please kup on the job!!

August 27th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
Fingers crossed for you guys!!!

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/31/15!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search