Horrible news for my family...Silver lining..maybe?

Forum: Due Date Club of February 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree52Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of February 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2014, 05:55 AM
valentinemommy's Avatar aka GreenMomma
I just wanted to kinda update you girls. I haven't on been on as much as usual, because my family is going through a really rough time. Sometimes as much as you try to carry on as normal, it's just too difficult. You all know about the struggles we had before when DH lost his job and how elated we were when he got the new job. Well, that joy was short-lived. His new boss met him at the door this week as he came in and said he had his last paycheck for him. He was so shocked, as we all are. He was the best tech the ever had. They said that is why they can't keep him on. They claim they cannot afford what he is worth and the other techs were upset by the special treatment he received. It was s small family owed business and DH always worked for large corporate companies in the past so he is much more certified and faster, but they felt he "rocked the boat", so to speak. I am beside myself and do not know what this means for us. All we know is that we barely got our footing before it happened again and we have to move out of our house in the next couple of weeks. We don't even know for sure where we are going. We have never had to deal with anything like this before and never expected to have such a hard time when we moved back to Indiana. I am terrified for how this will affect my boys. We know that we have to take them out of their school and stay with family, we just don't know where. (I have had a home of my own since I was 18 years old...this is ridiculous!!) I am sure we will be on our feet and in a house by winter, before baby comes, but this is just so bad! I can't believe it. I am so depressed. I cannot even put it into words. I had a panic attack yesterday in my car and had to pull over for almost a half hour because I was crying so hard. I still can't believe this is happening to us.

I just emailed Rachel to withdraw my application for host. Things are not stable enough for me to take that on right now. And that sucks too. Everything sucks.

Last edited by valentinemommy; August 27th, 2014 at 05:54 AM.
August 22nd, 2014, 06:03 AM
Veteran
Oh, Lia. I'm so sorry to read this. I couldn't imagine having to uproot my family especially with a new baby on the way. Praying everything works out sooner than later for you all.
valentinemommy likes this.
August 22nd, 2014, 06:11 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Oh Lia, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope things turn around for your family real soon! Hugs!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

August 22nd, 2014, 06:19 AM
WantingAnother's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Words can't express how sorry I am. I will never understand why bad things happen to good people. Sending you lots of prayers and good thoughts

August 22nd, 2014, 06:52 AM
andrews_sweetie's Avatar Mom to Aiden
I'm so sorry. Your in my t&p's. Hope things turn around for you soon

Last edited by andrews_sweetie; August 22nd, 2014 at 09:19 AM.
August 22nd, 2014, 07:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So sorry to hear this Lia. I hope things can return to normal soon.

August 22nd, 2014, 07:30 AM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
I'm so very sorry to hear this. Big

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
August 22nd, 2014, 09:00 AM
Thanks girls.

For today, we are just trying to get my anxiety under control. I do not usually have issues with it anymore, but under the circumstances...it's pretty bad. I've had pain in my left arm and shoulder since my breakdown yesterday and am pretty scared for me and baby right now. If it doesn't let up by the end of the day, we may just go to the E.R. I hope that isn't necessary.

My landlord feels really bad about it all. He actually hugged us and said a prayer for our family when we went to talk to him yesterday. Somehow, I know it will all be ok. It just may take some time.

August 22nd, 2014, 09:02 AM
MistyLynn85's Avatar Veteran
So so sorry hun.
August 22nd, 2014, 09:07 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I'm so so sorry hun ((hugs))
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

August 22nd, 2014, 09:14 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
Big hugs.

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

August 22nd, 2014, 09:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
Oh Lia, I'm so sorry you're going through all of this I wish I lived closer to you, I wish there was something I could do to help I hate that this is happening to your family. I know that everything will come together for you, I hope it happens quickly. PM me if you need a shoulder! I've dealt with awful anxiety too, no fun. Xoxo

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/30/15! It's A Girl!

August 22nd, 2014, 09:43 AM
I am so sorry that you and your family are going through hard times. I will pray for you all.

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 22nd, 2014, 10:02 AM
Pumpkinpatch's Avatar Mommy by Trade
I'm so sorry! I have been where you are and it's a very stressful & difficult place to be! You are in my thoughts & prayers!
Preggers with DD#5 - Emmie (EDD 2.5.15)
Mommy to DD#1 - Katie (15); DD#2 - Julie (14); DD#3 - Belle (12) & DD#4 - Allie (3)
Mommy of An Angel Christopher London 6.1.07 - 5.19.10
& M/C Baby Angel Savannah 9.1

August 22nd, 2014, 10:40 AM
PinkLove15's Avatar Denise
Send a message via Skype™ to PinkLove15
I am so so sorry Lia! You and your family will be in my prayers. I hope DH finds a great job soon and you get back on your feet sooner than expected. Hugs

August 22nd, 2014, 11:55 AM
2EverAfter's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so sorry to hear this Lia! And stress/anxiety is the worst. Praying for your family and for peace as you persevere through it.

August 22nd, 2014, 12:50 PM
Thank you girls. I appreciate you all so much.

We have made a lot of progress today, trying to make a plan and get things figured out. We have talked with the kids (sugar-coated of course) and they are excited about moving, so that's a plus. My arm has stopped hurting. I am just exhausted and have a really bad headache, but I'll take that over the anxiety and feeling like I'm having a heart attack any day.

Here's to staying positive and staying strong! Thank you for all the prayers. They are much needed.
momopotamus and Pumpkinpatch like this.

August 22nd, 2014, 01:14 PM
Veteran
I am so sorry this has happened to you! Rocked the boat too much? UGH! I'd be so upset with them. They could have kept you guys on longer to let you make arrangements to find another place to go. Something is better than nothing!

Take lots of deep cleansing breaths through your nose and try to relax. I know how hard it is to do when you are in the midst of so much turmoil. I will be praying for your family!
August 22nd, 2014, 01:18 PM
I totally agree Ashely. Justin was so blown away. He even asked if he could stay on and work a week so we could pay rent for September and told him we have kids and the guy did not budge. It's just one of those times when you hold your family extra close and face the storm. I am madder than a hornet at that guy, but it is out of my hands. Thank you for the support. I don't know what I would do without you guys.

August 22nd, 2014, 01:20 PM
Veteran
Sounds like someone hired him and couldn't pay. The other employees shouldn't have known what he was making or the perks involved. I'd say there is something more going on. GRR! Not any less frustrating.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search