MOTW - MistyLynn85

Forum: Due Date Club of February 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes
  • 4 Post By MistyLynn85
  • 5 Post By MistyLynn85
  • 5 Post By MistyLynn85
  • 1 Post By MistyLynn85
  • 4 Post By MistyLynn85

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of February 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2014, 06:54 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Monday: Post an intro about you, family etc.
Tuesday: Post 20 facts about yourself.
Wednesday: Share pictures of yourself, family, etc .
Thursday: Answer any questions the ladies might have for you (save all questions asked for this day)
Friday: Post pics that other members request from you. Things you might not think to post yourself.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

August 25th, 2014, 02:07 PM
MistyLynn85's Avatar Veteran
Monday:

*This got very long! Sorry!*

I’m not sure where to get started, so I’ll just jump right in!

I live in North Carolina with my husband (Jeff), our 2 daughters (Loralei and Maggie, 7years and 19 months), our dog (Paisley, cocker spaniel) and our cat (Lola). Jeff and I have been married for almost 11 months and together for almost 5 years. Jeff and I met on Yahoo, of all places! We had both recently gotten out of bad marriages and were a little nervous going into things. All of the fears quickly melted away as we completely clicked. We started out emailing and texting and met about a month later. We were in constant contact, I knew he was the one for me! We had decided to wait several months before him meeting Loralei, but that didn’t last long! I felt like my life with in separate pieces and I so wanted to put it together. After about 2 months, Jeff and Loralei met and that was history. Our family clicked and it changed my life. I could not ask for a better man in my life! We moved in together after 5 months. Loralei started calling Jeff Daddy after about a year. She just randomly started calling him Daddy one day and never stopped. Loralei does still have her bio dad in her life, but he’s pretty much a worthless douche bag.

Jeff is a manager in the IT industry. He works very hard and is so good at what he does. For several years he traveled to different countries for the company he worked for. He loved it and still misses it! But when we found out that we were expecting Maggie, he found a new job with no travel so that he could be home more. He’s very much a hands on dad and I’m so thankful for that. Our girls adore him and his silly personality. He’s constantly singing silly songs about EVERYTHING to them and it seriously makes my day! They crack me up.

I love baking and decorating cakes! Before my current job, I managed a bakery and decorated cakes. Some days I miss it SO much! Its pretty much my only creative outlet, as my older brother got all of the artistic ability in our family lol. I also am an avid reader and will read anything!

*Before you go any further, please know that the following paragraph is hard to read. It’s about my mother’s death earlier this year. There is nothing graphic, it’s just very emotional. Normally, I wouldn’t share this info in a place like this tread, but this is very much a part of my life right now and my biggest struggle. It will not hurt my feelings if you skip this part!*
I’m the middle child of 5, I have 3 brothers and 1 sister. One of my brothers is just 10 months younger than I am (yikes, lol). My youngest brother just turned 16 years old. All 4 of us older siblings are helping to raise him, because our mom passed away in January. Losing my mom was the hardest thing I’ve even been thru. She was diagnosed with lung cancer the Saturday after Christmas and she passed away exactly 2 weeks later. It was devastating. The cancer very quickly spread to her liver, kidneys and bones. Like, within 5 days. We are pretty sure it spread to her brain as well, but we’ll never know for sure because she didn’t make it to having a PET scan of her full body. We know about the others from just her x-ray and biopsy. Its just a really crazy story and I had no idea things could happen so fast. She originally went to the hospital for confusion and because she fell down. She was totally talking “out of her head” and mentioning things that had never happened. They did the chest x-ray because her breathing sounded off and that’s when they found it. The hardest part was that deep down, my mom knew how bad it was. And that she didn’t have time. But she did not want to talk to the oncologist. When she walked into my moms hospital room, my mom sent her back out and said she was leaving it in the Lords hands. She did allow my sister and I to talk to the doctor and they said she had 3 months, max, at that point. She went home the next day on hospice care. We had a HORRIBLE experience with Hospice. I’ve heard nothing but good things about them, but we did NOT have that good experience. They did not like that my mom didn’t want to know her diagnosis. My mom refused morphine from them because she was ALLERGIC and because Percocet was controlling her pain fine. The hospice worker very rudely said “Ma’am, you are dying. We’re just trying to relax you thru it”. My sister and I blew up. We kicked them out and had to call 911 because they sent my mom into a panic attack. That was the really the last time we got to talk to our mom. At the hospital, we were asked to make tough decisions about life support. In our hearts, we knew that she didn’t want to be on life support. But my oldest brother was working 6 hours away from us. My mom begged for Michael the entire time we waited for the ambulance. She kept begging to see him before she passed away. And Michael deserved the chance to be able to say goodbye. Because of that, we made the difficult decision to put her on a ventilator. I pray that no one ever has to see their parent like this. I struggle daily with the visions in my head of my mom on the ventilator. We have a lot of guilt about it. But I know how badly my brother wanted to get there and how badly my mom wanted him there. Michael made it to the hospital around 2am and we were all together in ICU. I never ever ever want to deal with ICU again. Those nurses were the most amazing people I have EVER met, Absolute God sends. But it’s just such a sad place. I just… I just cant. I’m SO sorry that got so long, but I wanted to share that because it’s something I struggle with every single day. My doctor thinks I have post-traumatic stress due to all of this and I think he’s right. It wasn’t just losing my mom, but everything else that we had to see and decide. My heart races when she crosses my mind. I was the third child and I’m now pregnant with my third. I don’t know why I struggle with that so much. One part of me feels closer to her because of it, but one part of me feels so overwhelmed by it.

Thank you if you’ve made it this far! I tend to get very long winded, obviously.
Cassie.S, momtoCLJA, amyld and 1 others like this.
August 25th, 2014, 03:01 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. Cancer sucks! It's just not fair. And I can't imagine what a shock it would be with it happening so fast.

{Our family blog}

August 25th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Super Mommy
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I lost my father unexpectedly a few years ago and it was horrible, the worst day of my life. My last images of him alive are him receiving CPR, and it is a horrible image to have of your parent. Sometimes I'm jealous my sister wasn't here, so she didn't see that.

But while it's cliche, it really does get better. I promise.
August 26th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
My heart broke for you reading about your Mom. BIG HUGE HUGS.

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

August 26th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Thank you so much ladies, your kind words mean so much! <3

Now my 20 facts:

1- I can not stand sandpaper. The sight/sound/thought of it drives me absolutely insane! Anything rough, or remotely rough, instantly makes me think of sandpaper. I can’t even stand flat paint. My husband thinks I’m crazy. Lol!
2- I don’t do abbreviations. I’m not sure why, I just don’t like them. I would rather just type it all out!
3- I will not allow my children to ever play on metal swing sets, only wood ones, except at the park where they are super deep and anchored in the ground. When I was 3 years old, my dad and papa put up a metal swing set for the kids at my grandparents house. While they were in the backyard mixing cement to anchor the legs, we kids (of course) started playing on the swing set. I walked around the swing set while my brother and sister were swinging too high, the leg came out of the hole they had already dug and I slipped into the hole. The leg came down and landed on my big toe on my right foot. My toe was attached by a large piece of skin. That was 26 years ago and I still remember it like it was yesterday. No metal swing sets!!!
4- My name rhymes with my sister’s name, Misty and Kristy. Our birthdays also fall during the same week, April 9th and April 5th.
5- I am one of the few people who do not like Fall! So many people get excited, but not me. I do enjoy the pumpkin stuff… but I hate it getting cold and I hate everything starting to die! Sure, its all nice and pretty for a couple of weeks… but its downhill from there!
6- This is will be second Winter baby. I do not like having Winter babies. Only because Loralei cant visit us in the hospital, because of restrictions every winter due to the flu. It devastated me last time and I’m really dreading it again this time.
7- I have never left my children with a “babysitter”. Family only. And that isn’t very often, at all.
8- I’ve always dated men older than I am.
9- I’m an extremely sensitive person. When others cry, I cry. I tear up during commercials, movies, songs, etc.
10- I am apparently not very good at thinking of random things about myself, as this list is hard to make!
11- I feel very awkward when I’m the center of attention, especially when gifts are involved.
12- I work in the finance department of a large health care company, but it doesn’t interest me AT ALL!
13- I have an intense desire to help people. I always have. Its why I want to eventually go back to school to become a social worker.
14- I have volunteered all my life. Mostly with Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
15- I have a crude sense of humor. If you fall, I will laugh. I can not control myself!!
16- I’m addicted to my iPhone. I hate that this website doesn’t have a mobile version!
17- Since my husband works in the IT industry, we always have the latest and ‘greatest’ of electronics. It makes no difference to me, but he and Loralei enjoy it lol.
18- I constantly have people ask if Loralei’s name if from Gilmore Girls. I’ve never seen the show! But they don’t believe me.
19- Maggie’s middle name is Aeris. My husband picked it… apparently it’s from a video game he loved as a kid?!?
20- I do not enjoy much “me” time. I get bored and just want to be with my family! A pedicure is about as long as I can stand to be away.
August 26th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Veteran
It sounds like your DH is such a sweet guy.

My heart also broke for you reading about your mother. I have been in the unfortunate position of seeing a parent on a ventilator as well. I lost my daddy 14 years ago and still have vivid horrific memories of that hospital stay. Big ((hugs)) to you while you deal with this and help care for your brother.

I have a friend whose daughter's name is Lorelei and she always gets the Gilmore Girls question too. She doesn't watch that show either and apparently named her after Marilyn Monroe's part in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.
August 27th, 2014, 07:39 AM
Okay, so these pictures are in NO order, at all. I had to steal them from my Facebook because I forgot to do this at home where all my pictures are! I did this instead of work this morning... lol

Myself, Maggie and Jeff at a wedding

40 weeks pregnant with Maggie

Sweet sweet Loralei!

Loralei and my best friend, aka my brother

My 4th breastmilk donation!

Loralei

Maggie and daddy

Wedding on the beach

Me and Hulk! Had no clue I was pregnant here

Favorite picture of Maggie

Loralei and Maggie's first time meeting! Loralei couldnt come to the hospital because the flu outbreak was so bad

Loralei on Halloween

Halloween when I was pregnant with Maggie

Loralei's hip hop recital outfit this year

Jeff has always claimed to hate cats.. Well Loralei's LOVES him

Loralei and Lola Lola was her Christmas gift that she begged for, for years!

This is how my kid goes to dance class... HAHAHA!

Spiderweb

Loralei's award at school

Finally married!

Silly

Maggie doing her favorite thing... nursing!

Maggie and Pais

Typical toddler!

This is how daddy gets woken up on weekends

Love this man

My siblings and I, with our mom

Sweet sleeping baby!

Jeff and Loralei went shopping... Loralei picked me out a Christmas gift...

Maggie and Jeff

Paisley (and her tennis ball, her addiction!)

Colby (nephew) and Loralei sitting in box seats at a Panthers football game

Christmas parade!

Breakfast with Santa

Silly.

Oh, ya know, just sitting on my sister!

Maggie was sleeping... sitting up... laying on Jeffs face. LOL!

Loralei's style

Sully, my nephew!

One of my first picture with Sully!

LOVE her squishy face here

My loves.

Sweet baby girl

Loralei's tap and ballet costume from recital

One of my ALL TIME favorite pictures! Paisley, Maggie and Loralei all looking under the entertainment center, figuring out how to reach a tennis ball that rolled under... LOL!
August 27th, 2014, 07:58 AM
valentinemommy's Avatar aka GreenMomma
I feel so far behind, not being on here as much as I'm used to! I still have to go back up and read your intro (after I pack a few boxes), but I just have to say, you have the most beautiful family! So much love and cuteness in every pic! It made me smile. Can't wait until my silly other half gets home lol!

August 27th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valentinemommy View Post
I feel so far behind, not being on here as much as I'm used to! I still have to go back up and read your intro (after I pack a few boxes), but I just have to say, you have the most beautiful family! So much love and cuteness in every pic! It made me smile. Can't wait until my silly other half gets home lol!
Big hugs to you! My husband use to travel for work and it killed me when he was away! Sometimes he'd be gone for 3 weeks at a time to the Phillipines. And he had a 12 hour time difference. I felt so lost! I hope hes back home very soon!
valentinemommy likes this.
August 27th, 2014, 09:23 AM
You have a beautiful family!

Questions:
Do you have any name choices for this baby yet?
How many kids are you planning on?
What's your dream vacation spot?

Pic requests:
A picture of your home, if you don't mind sharing.
Your favorite maternity outfit.

{Our family blog}

August 28th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Cassie, I keep trying to quote your questions, but it wont let me! So I'll just copy and paste.

Questions:
Do you have any name choices for this baby yet? None yet! We talked about it once, but we only make it as far as him saying no to Cooper and me saying no to Harvey, lol.
How many kids are you planning on? This will be number 3 and number last. We feel like 3 is a good number for us. My husband will be getting snipped after this one!
What's your dream vacation spot? I use to think it was Hawaii, but its London now. My husband traveled there many times for his old job and fell in love with it. Hes always raved about it and has been so passionate about it. We're anxious for our children to be old enough for internation travel, its first on our list!
August 29th, 2014, 10:46 AM
I'll post the pictures after work this afternoon
October 6th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Super Mommy
I love seeing all these pictures!! <3 You have a beautiful family and I can't wait to see how Linc fits into the picture later on.

** Talking about your momma, just wanted to warn you in case you don't wanna read it right now. **

I can so relate to your mom's passing. I am so sorry that you lost such a special person in your life. I hate that you had to go through all that. It is absolutely tragic when something happens so quickly and you just can't even take it all in fast enough. My dad passed away in 2010. He went in June 29th for a biopsy and it all went down hill from there. He ended up passing July 17th after a few weeks on the vent. I'm still broken, though a little less than I was I think. My baby is a namesake for him. I will be thinking about you, and if you ever want to talk I'd be happy to listen! ((hugs))

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search