Name opinions

Forum: Due Date Club of February 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By riversongbella
  • 2 Post By d_tops
  • 2 Post By 2EverAfter
  • 1 Post By sweetpea0714
  • 2 Post By Adding1more
  • 1 Post By valentinemommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of February 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2014, 08:28 AM
kimberzzz's Avatar Veteran
Ok, so my DH is really set on this name, but idk how I feel about it. Well, he actually likes these two names that are similar and have the same meaning. The meaning is symbolic and very special to him. When he read about the name it made him cry. I kind of feel bad at this point if I veto it, but I had issues with Jaycek's name for like 2 years and don't want to go through that again. Anyways, what do you ladies think of these two names? Do you like either? Which is better?

Ketsia or spelled Ketzia (ket ZEE ah) - Either way I would probably call her Zia for short.

or

Keziah - I like the other name better. For me it sounds like we mixed 3 of our other kids names together and got Keziah. If we were to go with this name, dh plans on making her nickname Kezzy. I'm guessing he wants to pronounce it like (kez ee ah)... idk lol.

DH is VERY difficult when it comes to naming. It has to be unique/uncommon and have a good meaning. It is almost impossible to find anything we can fully agree on. I will most likely find something else, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to see what others think.

Mommy to..
Aireana Joy 3/19/05
Zaylee Grace 3/17/09
Kian Dayne 9/4/10
Jaycek Robert 3/1/12

4/3/14

Last edited by kimberzzz; August 26th, 2014 at 08:52 AM.
August 26th, 2014, 08:57 AM
riversongbella's Avatar Veteran
I think of Ke$ha when I first saw the names, to be honest. Originality can be difficult to find now I like Zia as a name ... just say you're brainstorming so not to hurt his feelings.
kimberzzz likes this.
August 26th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Dee
I know a Kezia (pronounced KEH zee ah). I think if DH suggested that name to me, I would file it away until he got over it. But because the Kezia I know is such a tremendous human being, I have a really positive association with it, and that makes the name itself more appealing... if that makes sense?

I think Keziah is easier to pronounce than Ketsia - the "ts" gets me tripped up a little.

Does he know it took you two years to get used to your son's name? That might help in a conversation about holding off being sure about Keziah/Ketsia for now. It'd be sad if you had to go through that again.
Adding1more and kimberzzz like this.
August 26th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Veteran
Keziah. That you had to include how to pronounce the first makes the second a better choice. Imagine your child in school. You want the students and teachers to be able to know the name when they see it so she doesn't feel bad that the teacher can't say her name. Otherwise she'll be saying my name is _____ but it's spelled _____ all her life.
August 26th, 2014, 01:20 PM
2EverAfter's Avatar Super Mommy
I think Ketsia/Ketzia is pretty and unique. I think using the version with the 'z' makes it easier to know how to pronounce though.
valentinemommy and kimberzzz like this.

August 26th, 2014, 07:14 PM
sweetpea0714's Avatar Veteran
I think Ketsia/Ketzia is actually pretty cute (surprised me since I don't usually like very unique names). Zia would be a fun nickname too.
kimberzzz likes this.
August 27th, 2014, 04:08 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2EverAfter View Post
I think Ketsia/Ketzia is pretty and unique. I think using the version with the 'z' makes it easier to know how to pronounce though.

This. I think if you want the z to be pronounced I would spell it with a Z
valentinemommy and kimberzzz like this.
August 27th, 2014, 06:20 AM
valentinemommy's Avatar aka GreenMomma
I really like the first one spelled with a Z.
kimberzzz likes this.

August 27th, 2014, 06:36 AM
kimberzzz's Avatar Veteran
Thanks everyone.

Mommy to..
Aireana Joy 3/19/05
Zaylee Grace 3/17/09
Kian Dayne 9/4/10
Jaycek Robert 3/1/12

4/3/14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: