Delivery Room

Forum: Due Date Club of February 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of February 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2014, 08:41 AM
WantingAnother's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know this is kinda early but have you decided who you want to have with you in the delivery room?

It will on be the man and I. I still haven't decided if I will just have his parents come after delivery or just have them wait in the waiting room. I am leaning more toward having them come when I'm all situated after the birth. They will be the only visitors I have and I like my privacy. With my last two births I didn't get privacy at all and it really bothered me so this time I will have my way!
valentinemommy likes this.

August 27th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
I'll be having a c-section so only DH is allowed in the delivery room. We usually wait quite a few hours after to call everyone and have family come.

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/30/15! It's A Girl!

August 27th, 2014, 09:11 AM
andrews_sweetie's Avatar Mom to Aiden
It will just be me and SO in the room. Everyone else will be either in the waiting room or at home.
August 27th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
With DD it was just DH and I. Although after my nephew was born last summer my mom mentioned she'd love to be there for a birth. So I'm considering maybe letting her be in the room. Another reason, I was kind of bummed about DH's lack of taking pictures right as/after she was born, so thinking my mom could help with that and get some of all of us as a family in the moment.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

August 27th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Sorry, removed until I know who Pm'd me.

Last edited by WantingAnother; August 27th, 2014 at 09:34 AM.
August 27th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
I am having a home birth, so my dh and my kids.

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

August 27th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Awesome! How long do you wait until you allow visitors?

August 27th, 2014, 10:13 AM
MistyLynn85's Avatar Veteran
Just my husband and I.

With Loralei, we had 30... yes 30 people in the waiting room. I was pissed and wanted them to leave! I wanted to labor in peace and not feel rushed after I delivered her!

With Maggie, my mother in law and father in law came to the hospital and were in my room after my epidural. I asked them to leave the room, because I knew Maggie was coming soon (I was 8cm dilated when I got to the hospital!). They came back probably 30 minutes after I had Maggie, after I nursed her, and I was dumbfounded! I wanted them gone, I was a mess and in pain, but I was too shocked that they actually came in?! My awesome nurses asked them to leave and I seriously hugged my nurse after they left. They slipped in when someone else from another family was buzzed into the birthing unit.

This time, we are telling everyone that we want very few visitors until we are home. NO visitors the first several hours.
valentinemommy likes this.
August 27th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Ugh, your story sounds like mine! It's like geez, give us some alone time for a bit!! Sorry you had to deal with that. I know how annoying it is!

August 27th, 2014, 12:16 PM
LadyTkachenko's Avatar *~GreenTeamFeb2015~*
Quote:
Originally Posted by momopotamus View Post
I'll be having a c-section so only DH is allowed in the delivery room. We usually wait quite a few hours after to call everyone and have family come.
Same here.

August 27th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Scarlet Starlet's Avatar Teleport Birthing Founder
Just my husband and a close friend.
Our families were very respectful of our space last time and waited until the day after delivery to come see us, so I don't anticipate any issues there.
WantingAnother likes this.
August 27th, 2014, 12:53 PM
2EverAfter's Avatar Super Mommy
Just DH will be in the room with me. I think its such an intimate thing between a couple. I'd be upset if people just started coming in without asking!! I'm sure my parents will be there asap once we let them know. I think my other sibs and their families will probably come the next day. That's what they did with DD, which was good.

August 27th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
A day or two usually before I let people over to visit.
WantingAnother likes this.

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

August 27th, 2014, 02:35 PM
andrews_sweetie's Avatar Mom to Aiden
I guess I should edit my post. While I'm laboring I don't mind people in my room. Makes the time go by. But when I'm actually giving birth it will just be SO and I. After I give birth I would like about an hour or so to relax and nurse then I don't mind. I'm pretty laid back.
August 27th, 2014, 02:41 PM
I'm with you on the being laid back while I'm laboring. It's more of the never seeming to leave afterwards part. Like ALL day long visiting. Drove me bonkers

August 27th, 2014, 02:44 PM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
I've never had a planned c-section so I'm not really sure how it will play out. I mean I know it will only be me n hubby in the OR but I'm not sure how we'll arrange to have our kids come in or relatives or whatever after the birth. The hospital is an hour's drive in good traffic. I guess I have to start thinking about how that all works!

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
August 27th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Super Mommy
Just my husband and me. Maybe my mom. With my son, everyone flocked to the hospital (well, on my husband's side, first grandchild), and then they stayed in the post partum room for what felt like forever!!! It was awkward. Logan was in the NICU, I needed to start pumping, and I really wanted to shower. I had been on bed rest for four days without showering, that's all I wanted. I love my in-laws, but they couldn't take a hint. This time around, the only people I want to visit are my mom and any of my girlfriends who may want to stop by. Maybe it's not fair, but I am the one giving birth, so I don't care. Everyone can come visit AFTER we get home. And, if this child comes early and is in the NICU, I don't want ANYONE to come see him/her until he/she is home. I won't get to spend as much time up there as I could with Logan, so I'm not sharing.
August 27th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Super Mommy
With DD we were 2 hours from home, my SIL was my support person and hubby was there too. That was awesome. My parents arrived at the hospital about 10 minutes after DD was born and stayed for about an hour then left. We had a dribble of visitors the following day which was nice because everyone rang first so we didn't get a whole heap of people at once.

DS was born at home and mum was there with hubby. We had 24 hours before people visited.

This time I am not sure where we will be, however I am adamant that it will be just me and hubby. I would love to have EVERYONE there but I know with Mum and DD at DS's birth I just couldn't get into the head space I needed to. As much as I would like to have a home birth again, I am leaning towards being in the hospital so I can have those few days after birth before having to get back to the real world.
August 27th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Dee
Just DH. I am too private to have anyone else come until after I am showered and have things a little sorted out. Last time, well meaning friends arrived about 24 hours after DS was born and I was being wheeled into the NICU to see him for the first time... ugh, I was such a wreck and wanted everyone to go away. I would love to have visitors, but not until we are settled in post delivery.

I think most of our local friends and family are on board with that. And anyone who really wants to see a baby born, I will send them a copy of a health class filmstrip.
August 27th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I only ever have my husband he is an amazing birth partner
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search