Stretch Marks

Forum: February 2015 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By PrettyMommy
  • 1 Post By Katie7690

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2015 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2014, 05:58 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Proud Mommy!
Are you using a lotion/cream to try to help prevent stretch marks?

BTDT moms, how did you do with previous pregnancies?

With DD I was great about remembering to use my lotion every morning after my shower. I didn't get any stretch marks until one the last few weeks and then a few more from delivery. Thankfully they all disappeared after several months!

This time I haven't been as good about remembering to use my Palmer's cocoa butter lotion. I really need to get better about it. Hoping the same will happen as last time.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and Landon!

{Our family blog}

August 24th, 2014, 11:20 AM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have always heard stretch marks are hereditary. So not much you can do, you either get them or you don't. My mom has them bad, most after having me. She had 3 kids and it didn't get worse but the damage was done. I have had five and not one on my stomach. I do have them on my hips. I used creams with my first two then I realized I just don't get them so I stopped spending my cash. I keep my skin moisturized but that's it.
GreenGeek likes this.

August 24th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Super Mommy
I also heard they were hereditary and that there wasn't anything that could actually prevent them. I just used regular lotion with my first, but mostly because my stretching skin itched. I only made it to 32 weeks, and got a little one on each side. Not sure if I would have gotten more or not.
August 24th, 2014, 02:05 PM
riversongbella's Avatar Veteran
Just had a conversation about this yesterday! I just bought Burt's Bee Mama Bee Belly Butter.

I had been using generic cocoa butter lotion and I only have some stretch marks on my upper thighs

So far the lotion (first day of trying it is amazing) I just like feeling moisturized in all they dry hot weather & it does help when I feel like my skin is stretching the point of bursting.
August 24th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Super Mommy
I was religious with my lotions and butters, then at about 36 they started and they ripped over my stomach up past my belly button! It was AWFUL! I cried over it. I literally have pics at 36 weeks with nothing, and by the 38 weeks I was covered. I will share a pic once we get a private section. I didn't get more with my 2nd kid, but they got wider and deeper. I've put lotion and butter on them and they never fully healed up to be that silver color. They are so wide and deep I am not sure anything will really help. Hopefully I won't get anymore and they won't get any worse. Some got really painful because the skin where they are is so thin and they will bleed with a minimal scratch.

August 25th, 2014, 05:49 AM
MistyLynn85's Avatar Super Mommy
I have stretch marks from my oldest. And it really doesnt bother me, lol.
August 25th, 2014, 07:32 AM
andrews_sweetie's Avatar Mom to Aiden
My stomach is covered and so are my breast. I have learned to like them. I even used butters and lotion.
August 26th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i have been taken over by stretch marks since a few months before i got pregnant.. i tried cocoa butter to fade them but it didn't work.. no matter what i did they got worse and worse...

August 26th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea the lotion didn't do anything to help me. I got some pretty bad ones. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now. Maybe I'll try to get them lasered off when I'm done having kids. Hopefully I won't get too many more this time around.
NNichollaa likes this.

August 26th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
I only got stretch marks with my first two.

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
Scarlett Arya('15)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

August 27th, 2014, 11:55 PM
BostieMama's Avatar Veteran
I have them all on my calves?! I don't even know lol. I have some on my boobs and upper thighs but not much on my stomach? Maybe one or two but they're practically invisible now. I always joke I had an alien baby because I've got them everywhere BUT my stomach.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search