Demitri's Birth Story

Abandon Ship!

Share your birth stories.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 10 Post By mstee511
  • 1 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 1 Post By meld10

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abandon Ship! LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2014, 05:09 PM
mstee511's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mstee511
Well...let's see.....

On Monday June 23rd I got up as usual and went on to work feeling no different than the previous days. I got to work and went on about my day and then BAM! like a ton of bricks it hit me......sometime around lunchtime, I was in the ladies room just using the restroom and this huge long cramp came on....the contractions were starting.

I went back to my desk and after consulting the DDC (LOL!!) I downloaded the contraction timer app and began timing. I actually continued working thru contractions that were coming about 8-10 minutes apart.....went to my weekly staff meeting (where I reminded everyone that Friday would be my last day before taking leave...hopefully). Around 2:30ish in the afternoon the pains were closer together...about every 5-6 minutes. I continued working until 4pm when I decided enough was enough. I went home.

By the time I got home, contractions were coming 3 minutes apart. I thought I'd drink some ice water and just lay down for a bit.....but nothing helped. I got up and went to the bathroom because I kept getting the sensation that I had to pee. So I sat on the toilet, peed just a little and then had an involuntary push...I went to wipe and there it was..."the bloody show". I yelled downstairs to my cousin's gf and asked her to start packing the baby bag. I put on a pad and then called my mom to let her know it was time, then I called my BF (who was on his way to borrow a lawn mower to cut the grass)...told him to screw the lawn mower and just get here because it's time. I laid back down and waited another 45 minutes for him to finally get to me. We grabbed all we needed and headed for the hospital....all the while hitting every red light and every pothole along the way. Lol

We finally arrive at the hospital around 7pm where my mom was already waiting with a wheelchair to take me to L&D. They quickly take my info and push me into an assessment room where I give a pee sample and get hooked up to the monitors and begin vomiting uncontrollably. After seeing on the monitor that my contractions were now a minute apart, and my cervix was 4cm dilated, I was admitted. This took all of about 15-20 minutes. I moaned my way through the contractions and of course all those breathing techniques from the birthing class went right out the window. Lol After getting into the delivery suite, I continued moaning for another 30 minutes before the anesthesiologist came in with the epidural. I was most afraid of that part, but she was awesome and it went super smooth. About 10 minutes after, I felt no pain and no feet and no legs. LOL I did, however, feel like a huge walrus having people roll me and move me because I couldn't do it myself. Lol

The doctor came in about 30 minutes after the epidural to do another vaginal exam and determined I was 6cm dilated...my body was doing its thing without any help. Time went on and mom & BF got blankets and pillows and settled into the couches for the night and laughed and joked, while mom told birth stories about my brother and I as I complained about how freakishly thirsty I was only to be given ice chips. Lol I remembered thinking that she talks too much and I wish she would shut up.

I had to call for anesthesia about 3 more times during the night and I slept for all of about 45 minutes. At about 7 am, the epidural wore off again and I called for more, but the doctor came in first to do another exam and found me 9cm dilated after also giving me pitocin in the middle if the night because I was stuck at 6cm for a while. But there would be no more epidural for me either, it was time to push. I was REALLY scared of this part. I was a trooper though...put my fear aside and just went for it. But having like a millisecond to breathe before the next push was really pissing me off. Mom had one leg, the nurse had the other and they both kep saying to push like I was pushing out a hard poop and I kept saying I have no idea what it's like to poop laying down. Lol not to mention the fact that I was exhausted from lack of sleep, fluids and food. I whined a bit about this in the middle of pushing too. BF was calm as a cucumber surprisingly...standing over me filming with the iPad and telling me how great I was doing. I remember him peeking from behind my mother at one point to see the head crown (he'd said all along that he would have no parts in seeing what was happening down there....but I caught him peeking a couple of times). Then the head crowned and I had no more energy left for pushing....the nurse called in the doctor and the rest of the delivery team to help. I have no idea where I got anymore energy after this, but I kept pushing and one doctor was down there with gel and stretching my vagina with her fingers til it burned like mad. I continued pushing....then finally 40 minutes later the head comes out and I push long and hard one last time and at 8:44am on June 24, Demitri made his entrance and I saw him and wanted to cry. I had no energy left for crying and I just moaned. He was heavy when the put him on my chest straight from the canal and he cried in spurts. Lol (I'm teary eyed right now just thinking back to that moment) he was all slimy like a little alien...lol BF went down and cut the cord and if I'd had the energy, I'd have just bawled like a big arse baby because he was so proud and I was so glad I could finally hold my little man and watch my mom coo over him.

When it was time for the placenta to come out, I thought I'd have to push more, but thankfully the nurse just pulled on the umbilical cord until it came right out. The doctor looked down at my purse and then at me and said, well...you did it. You did it naturally without a single complication and you don't need even one stitch...you had no tearing at all...great job first timer and congratulations!! I was just happy I didn't poop while pushing...LMAO.

Demitri was 8lbs 12.9oz and 21.5" long. Apgars scores of 8 & 9. Healthy as can be. Now if I can just get this breast feeding under control and my milk would come in, I think he and I will be just fine

My baby boy!

June 27th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a fantastic birth story! Welcome to the world, Demitri!

June 27th, 2014, 05:36 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
OMG I cracked up at "I don't know how to poop laying down" Congratz!!
Spottts likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

June 27th, 2014, 06:19 PM
casslou1's Avatar Super Mommy
awesome story!! Good job mama!

June 27th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great birth story! I love the part about being thirsty and only getting ice chips with the person who talks too much!

Congrats and welcome Demitri!
June 27th, 2014, 08:09 PM
VallyD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well written and well done love
June 27th, 2014, 08:44 PM
lea23's Avatar Super Mommy
Great birth story

June 28th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Great birth story! Congrats again!

Mommy to Keagan - June 2008, Benny - October 2010 and Liam - June 2012
June 29th, 2014, 10:17 AM
ZeeWP's Avatar First Time Mom
Great story! Thanks for sharing!

June 30th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats again. Thanks for sharing.

03/13 - missed miscarriage at 11 weeks
July 1st, 2014, 09:50 AM
razorbackmom's Avatar Super Mommy
What a great story! I teared up a little just imagining your joy!! Congrats again momma!

July 1st, 2014, 12:26 PM
chihuahuaesque's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks so much for sharing your story! You did an amazing job, and Demitri is SO adorable!!!

July 6th, 2014, 03:59 PM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awesome birth story! Totally teared up reading about when you first saw him. Awww good job mama, I am so happy it all went great!
VallyD likes this.

6/12/2013- 8 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search