Baby Lea's Birth Story 7/3/14

Abandon Ship!

Share your birth stories.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By lea23

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abandon Ship! LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2014, 05:23 PM
lea23's Avatar Super Mommy
This is the story and it is a bit on the long side.

OnWednesday morning (7/2/14) I woke up and went about my morning routine gettingready for work. After I got out of the shower and proceeded to put on lotion Ifelt dripping down my leg. Immediately I called my sister and told her that Ithought my water broke. She told me to wake up my husband and go to thehospital. Thinking back to when I woke up I remember hearing a pop, but thoughtit was my hip. As my husband gathered items so that we could leave (he alsocalled his mom so that she could meet us up there) I started experiencinggushes of water.

Knowingthat when we got to the hospital I would be admitted since my water broke Istopped by McDonald to eat breakfast (scrambled eggs and yogurt). Once at thehospital I go to Labor & Delivery to find out that every room is taken andthat each room in triage is also taken. I finally get to triage, the nursesconfirmed that my waters have “grossly ruptured” and that I was only 1cm and30% effaced and baby was at -3. After waiting for three hours I am finallytaken to a labor and delivery room and am checked again to only find out therewas no change. I barely had contractions and felt like I needed to poop buteveryone said those were the contractions.

Thedoctors told me that I should start pitocin but since I wanted a natural birthI decided I would wait a few hours to see if I have more contractions and whathappens with my cervix. After a couple of hours of waiting there was still nochange so I went ahead and got the pitocin started but refused the epidural.Well the contractions came fast and pretty hard and I realized that I was goingto have back labor.

SinceI was on bedrest to prevent the cord from coming down first I was unable towalk or move around a lot which made it difficult to tolerate the contractions.After 4 hours of excruciating pain, I get rechecked and I was 2.5cm and 50%effaced with baby at -2. At that point I realized that it would be a long hardlabor and I went ahead and got the epidural. I made sure to only flush justenough to remove pain, but to still allow me to feel most of the pressure.

Aftermore hours of waiting I finally am given a peanut ball to help me dilate. Sofor over 12 hours I have been in a bed on my back or side and my upper backstarts aching tremendously. Right before I had to start pushing (after 33 hoursof waiting) I had a fit because I just did not want to lay down any more. Duringthe pushing phase my contractions were still off where I would have 2 bursts ofcontractions followed by 5 minutes of rest. The 5 minutes of rest in betweenwas nice because the pushing was not too bad. After 3 hours baby girl was born.

Onething I am upset about is that I was told to push when I knew I should havewaited, but I did as told and eventually got a small tear. But All in all eventhough I was in labor for 36 hours and I had some pain, it was an amazingexperience. In the beginning of all the labor I could not understand why womenput themselves through that multiple times. Once she was out and I saw her Icould not stop crying because she is truly a miracle and a precious gift.

Baby was born on 7/3/14

July 6th, 2014, 07:07 PM
brookes630's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!

July 6th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awwww, congrats! Those first looks are truly amazing as you gaze at the little one you've been growing and waiting on for months. The pain and uncomfortableness was worth it!
July 7th, 2014, 06:55 AM
ZeeWP's Avatar First Time Mom
Congrats!

July 14th, 2014, 07:01 PM
casslou1's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats! I'm glad she got here safe, I'm sorry you had to be in bed so long

July 14th, 2014, 11:06 PM
VallyD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!
July 19th, 2014, 08:26 AM
chihuahuaesque's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing! I thought the same thing about how do people have multiple babies when there is so much pain! I labored for 30 hours and was transferred to the hospital where I ended up with a c-section... And I definitely want more children still!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search