So, who knows about your pregnancy now?

Forum: Due Date Club of March 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of March 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2014, 03:53 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Who have you told?

Is anyone FB official ?

Is it getting harder to hide for anyone?
August 9th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
we told our families right away, we will tell others once we hear the HB. I havent found it yet so now im getting nervous (and kinda wishing i waited until 12 weeks like i did with the other kids)

August 9th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Veteran
Just my parents (well and Dh of course!) - we really only told them early because they happened to be visiting and we wanted to tell them in person when we had the chance.

It is getting harder to keep it a secret simply because EVERYONE keeps asking us when we're going to try for #2. We can only answer with "we're hoping for a spring baby" for so long before people start doing the math! lol

August 9th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Super Mommy
Still no one here. It's hard not to, but for us it's the best decision until we are further along.
August 9th, 2014, 05:44 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All grandparents and close friends. I feel confident about this pregnancy but I just don't feel like telling anyone yet. We start back at school in a week, and I may tell my coworkers. I'll definitely tell the principal as he needs plenty of time to find my long-term substitute.

Nichole
August 9th, 2014, 05:53 PM
kayexcited's Avatar Veteran
My mom, Dh's mom, 3?friends- 1 was visiting and staying at our house and she knew because I didn't drink at all. 1 co-worker. And my other friend knows because she was in the waiting room when I walked out from my ultrasound!! I always fear someone walking into the OB office that I know as I'm sitting there. Well, it happened!
August 9th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH, my mother, and my 2 besties in the world. Had to tell the besties so they could help out with the kids during all of the bloodwork appointments this week. We are sticking to our guns with waiting until 15-16 weeks to tell anyone else because if anything does happen, it is so hard for me to have to tell people.
I am a fluffy girl, 260 this AM so it is easy to hide the extra 5-8 lbs in the beginning.

August 9th, 2014, 06:59 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My parents, inlaws, and best friend know. I need to text my sister and DH's brother a pic of the ultrasound. We won't make it fb official until 12 weeks.

August 9th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We told our families this week and have started telling a few close friends. We'll do a facebook announcement after we hear the heartbeat with the Doppler.

August 9th, 2014, 08:24 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar March 2015 DDC Co-Host
Just DH & BFF know...waiting for my appt on Mon to confirm all is ok before I tell my immediate family. I won't say anything on FB until sometime later after 12wks.

August 9th, 2014, 09:46 PM
"Shay-see"
Husband, mom, dad, sisters (2), grandparents, my uncle, and MIL/FIL.

Only Husband, mom, and grandmother know I might be losing it.

August 9th, 2014, 11:37 PM
gingerrae's Avatar Veteran
Most of my family knows. I'm not FB official Although the other day I posted a question on a group I belong too and forgot that the group is public so at least one of my FB friends saw my question and congratulated me. oops!
August 10th, 2014, 03:54 AM
Miracle2015's Avatar Super Mommy
My mom and sister, and DHs parents. Facebook announcement will only come after week 14.

Expecting our first, and second! in March 2015, after 4 long years TTC.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11
August 10th, 2014, 04:04 AM
rawritsmnm's Avatar Veteran
My parents and my cousin. DH doesn't want ANYONE knowing at all until i'm out the first trimester. I'm trying to convince him to tell his parents and brother cause they ALL (well not DH) smoke in the house around us when we are over there, and I told him I can't be around that...he shrugs it off and says if we ask them not to smoke around us, it'll be a dead giveaway. But he's not budging on telling anyone. He doesn't even know I told my parents and cousin. The only reason my parents know is cause my mom took me to the urgent care after the ER incident, and I told my cousin cause she is getting married and i'm in the wedding...thought I'd give her a heads up

-Clomid 50mg 1 cycle-(2/07/14)

August 10th, 2014, 09:34 AM
hotjai21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to hotjai21
Immediate family only. I'm not sure when we will choose to announce publicly. I have my first appt/us tomorrow morning so possibly after that.

url=http://www.pregnology.com/pregnancy/03/01/2015][/url]Make a pregnancy ticker

August 10th, 2014, 05:33 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
My mom/dad, two aunts, three good friends, and my grandpa know. And hubby, of course. Two of those might not have known yet if they hadn't guessed it But both know me pretty well and knew we would try soon.

We don't plan on announcing on FB until after 12 weeks, after our NT on Sept 4th.

But it's getting hard to hide. I was my leanest going into this pregnancy and all 9 pounds is residing in my belly/hips. I have to be careful what I wear around people now! I don't think I'm "showing," but it's clear I'm putting on weight and it was no secret we would try soon for a 4th. So I'm sure it won't surprise a lot of people when we "come out of hiding" next month.
August 11th, 2014, 12:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *vi
The list is getting big. Dh has been so excited by everyone's reactions he just wants to tell everyone! So here goes: my parents and sister, his parents and brothers, his grandma, aunt, uncle and cousin, his two best friends, my two best friends and their husbands, about half of our ball team (about 8-10 ppl there), my mom's best friend and her husband (practically my second parents), 5 of my coworkers and 3 or 4 of his coworkers.

Due March 29th
Team Green!
August 11th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Veteran
I told mom/dh right away and of course my DD and the neice that lives with us.. announced on FB at 8 weeks.. I was trying to not tell anyone, but we have been TTC for 5 years, so I just couldn't hide it, I was too excited ... I know a lot of people say not to say anything that soon, but I am a wishful thinker, and don't even want to consider the fact of losing this baby

August 11th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Jessica.W's Avatar Excited Mama
My parents, my brother, DH's mom, my boss, and 2 co-workers.

**Expecting our 1st baby after trying for 5 years**

August 15th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Veteran
Only DH knows. I was going to announce after my 1st u/s this past Wednesday, but now my little sister thinks she may be PG, so I want to wait until after her appointment on Monday. She said she took a test and it was negative, but then she took another one and it looked like it was positive. She would be a little over 6 weeks if she was, so I'm hoping she's not. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but she's getting married in February (3rd marriage and 4th wedding, married 1st one twice!) and already has a son. This isn't planned and she was just being lazy about taking her bcp. Sad thing is her last marriage started with her getting married PG and now she's going to start this one the same way. Not a good sign! We waited 7 YEARS to have another child and I feel that she's just being really irresponsible right now and can barely afford to take care of her son now! Sorry for the long vent! I was just hoping to announce soon and it doesn't look like that is going to happen, especially if she is PG too.

We're trying to wait as long as we can, because as soon as we start telling the immediate family, everyone will know (they can't hold water!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search