When and how are you sharing the big news?

Forum: Due Date Club of April 2015

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of April 2015 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2014, 02:28 PM
ctymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When are you going to announce your big news and are you announcing it any special way or just letting people know?

Afm....Ive told one person bc Im nervous until 12 weeks. DH is so excited he is telling everyone. I cant bring myself to tell anyone yet.

July 29th, 2014, 02:48 PM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I told my mom yesterday, only because I'll need her to babysit for my appointments.

We won't tell anyone else until 12 weeks. If it were up to DH he would just tell everyone now.

July 29th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
Just told the parents so far, and my sisters cuz they knew we were ttc. We're gonna wait a few months for everyone else. No special announcement, though we did buy a "Big Brother" shirt for our 2 1/2 year old to wear to surprise grandma

July 29th, 2014, 07:05 PM
CountryMedic911's Avatar Kerana mama to be in 2013
So far I have only told DH, yall, and my past DDC I'm too nervous to tell anyone else until after we find out the sex

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the awesome siggy!

July 29th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have always told everyone right away with past pregnancies, but this time I feel like I want to wait. I'm not good at keeping secrets so I suppose I'll just see how long I can wait.

Expecting baby #4!

July 30th, 2014, 06:51 AM
Veteran
My 2 best friends know b/c I had to freak out with someone when I found out. And DH, of course. I'll probably tell my mom
soon - we're close and I can't hide stuff like this for long. I found a really cute announcement for a fourth pregnancy online - I'd love to do something like that and send it out to everyone else/post it on FB once we're ready.
July 30th, 2014, 07:25 AM
LaceyMay2630's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm waiting to get out of the first trimester to announce to anyone, I mean DH and my SIL know but that's it. But once I do announce, I'll probably have DD do something to help out, I've been getting a lot of ideas off of Pinterest lately

August 8th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Two of my friends know because we've been trying to conceive and rooting each other on. My husband knows We will probably wait until eight weeks. Although I'm so bloated that something looks amiss. I feel bad because my MIL told me to pick out some stuff from The Gap today for Christmas because they're having a good sale. I picked out some tunics and oversized sweaters haha!

My husband is super paranoid. This is our second so I think it makes me less cautious (although I know we are not in the clear!) so I want to tell everyone! Especially our daughter.
August 9th, 2014, 03:08 AM
MummyTo2Plus5's Avatar Loving my baby boy
most people know IRL but im waiting a while to announce to FB

Very proud mummy to 2 earthly and 5 heavenly babies

August 9th, 2014, 03:39 AM
Veteran
Alot of my family on my side know but nobody knows on his side. We'll let everyone know on fb when we get our 1st u/s.
IVF- July, 2014

Transferred 1 embryo on July 27, 2014
6 frozen embabies
Got a VERY FAINT on July 30, 2014
1st beta-183, progestrone 215, estradiol 2297
2nd beta-391

1st ultrasound on August 25, 2014Heartbeat 133, measuring 1 day ahead

August 9th, 2014, 03:58 AM
MomClell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So far we've told my sister and two close friends. I'd like to wait as long as possible before telling anyone else, but I really want people to hear it from us and I tend to show early. Hopefully I can pull it off. I haven't really thought about how we'll tell though.
Moira, mom to Jonas (July '06), and Liam (miscarried at 17 weeks, March '14). Awaiting Baby #3!!

August 9th, 2014, 04:08 AM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
Due to this being my rainbow baby I will likely wait until the end of the first trimester to announce. My husband will be deployed, so I will just straight out tell our families privately but I plan to take a picture of our son next to a poster that reads "Before Daddy deployed he promoted me to big brother."
Shadeauxe and gamerrrgrrrl like this.

August 9th, 2014, 06:57 AM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
^ That's super cute!

I wanted to think for a couple of days and find a cute way to tell my SO but the day I got my BFP he had just gotten home from a long work trip and he was talking about taking me out for a drink. I couldn't find a way of declining without seeming like a spoilsport, so I finally spilled the beans. He was thrilled, but we're not telling anyone else until 10-12 weeks. (Well, except my best friend, I told her the second I got my BFP!) We had a loss before so we're being a little cautious this time.

August 10th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Veteran
We'll be waiting to tell people IRL for at least another 4 weeks I think... too many opinions and worries.. possibly like to wait until after first scan.

No big plans, just calls, maybe scan pictures.. might mess up and tell one or two though, it's DF who has the most risk of letting it slip!!

Rachael, Fiancée to Jack , Expecting Baby #1
~

August 10th, 2014, 12:38 PM
gamerrrgrrrl's Avatar Member
We've told some close friends, who were with us through our IF and loss journey (this was 5 years coming). We'll tell his parents after our 8w scan, and my family in November.

My family is going to Italy/Spain for September and October, and don't want them to have to worry about this while they're gone, or to have to deliver them bad news while they're on the trip (it's kind of a trip of a lifetime for them).

We'll go public on FB at Christmas, when we reach viability, as a Christmas announcement.

DS1: Jan 12, 1998
DS2: b/d Nov 16, 2011 (premature, incompetent cervix)

After five years trying, including a premature stillbirth after IVF, we've been surprised with another shot at parenthood! <3

Aug 4 - hcG 381, progesterone 19.2
Aug 6 - hcG 902
Aug 29 - Dating and viability ultrasound
August 11th, 2014, 07:09 AM
Veteran
I won't tell anyone on fb until the baby is born. Last year I had a loss at 16 weeks only two weeks after we told everyone and some acquaintances asked me about my pregnancy long after my loss, so that was awful. This pregnancy I am just telling everyone. One I'm trying to be positive it will work out, but mainly because my morning (and afternoon, and evening) sickness is soo bad it's pretty hard to hide. My stomach is sooo bloated I can't even sit comfortably

"An angel in the book of life wrote down my my baby's birth, then whispered as she shut the book, he's too beautiful for earth."

Gabriel Joseph 10/11/13
August 12th, 2014, 08:47 PM
DoulaMom's Avatar Laikon and Faedra's Mommy
We're not telling anyone but select people, teachers, bosses, etc. as long as possible. Maybe until Christmas time. My MIL knows but that's just because she's out neighbor and we need her help watching kids for appointments and such, other than that, if I could keep it a secret until the birth I would. Our family won't be happy we're expecting again and we don't want them projecting their negativity onto every little thing that goes wrong and blaming it on me being pregnant. So for now, it's a secret. As for how, we'll probably just walk into the house on Christmas with me being giant pregnant, lmao.
August 13th, 2014, 03:21 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I've told a few people already including my boss because he's only my boss for 3 more weeks.

I will probably tell everyone else around 12 weeks. I've had a miscarriage in the past and I don't like the fear to control my life, so maybe I'll announce after the first ultrasound. I don't know.
August 13th, 2014, 05:53 AM
Veteran
My first pregnancy ended at 11 weeks so with my second I waited until 16 weeks to announce it. This pregnancy I want to wait until at least 12 weeks, but possibly longer if I can.

August 13th, 2014, 06:34 AM
Part of me wants to burst out "I'm Pregnant" to all of my friends, however the multiple mc have me guarded and I have only told my mom, husband, and best friend. Waiting for u/s to see what I will do next. I work in a hospital so if I tell my coworkers I won't have to do heavy lifting or get the contagious sickies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search