Milk Production

Forum: September 2015 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 2015 Offshoremama78
  • 1 Post By Jules_loves_beaches

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2015 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2015, 09:20 AM
carmenah's Avatar Super Mommy
So... I have purchased the Mothers Milk Tea and some fenugreek. I'm was trying to come up with something to help with milk production, but some part of me wants to wait and see what happens.

Anyone use any "natural" aids for milk production? Also, I'm not sure if having a c-section impacts milk coming in? Any thoughts on this topic are welcome!

Thanks!
September 9th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know about whether a C-section has any impact on milk production, but some other C-section mamas might be able to give you some insight on that.

I had trouble with milk production, but only because my daughter wouldn't nurse so I was pumping exclusively and a pump doesn't get as much milk out as a baby can. I did Fenugreek and it definitely made a difference. I hadn't heard of Mother's Tea last time, but I've heard it's helpful.

From what I understand most moms don't have a problem with milk production and I'd be careful trying to boost it to much to start because you don't necessarily want to end up with an oversupply. Doubt that would happen, but I'd start by seeing what happens. Then, see about adding in the natural milk producers if you need to. I didn't end up nursing so most of my advice is based off what I've read so hopefully some other moms can give you more insight.

September 9th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Expecting in September!
I would definitely just see how your milk production goes on its own before trying anything outside. Your body might respond just exactly the way it needs to. Overproduction can be painful and really annoying.
Welcoming new baby in May of 2017!

September 9th, 2015, 10:45 AM
HeatherMomof9's Avatar Super Mommy
I have never had an issue with milk production because of a c-section. It always takes a few to get the production going for new moms but it comes in unless you have another issue.

Haylee (June 2002)

Robert (Jan 2004)

Nicholas (Oct 2007)

Blake (Dec 2008)

Skylar (Nov 2010)

Cory (Dec 2011)

My little Premie Maygan
(March 4th 2013) Original due date April 25th

Justyn
(April 12th 2014)
7lbs 7oz born at 10:30am

Our Newest Addition Alana Aydriana Born 9-20-2015 born at 10:56
7lbs 11oz 19inches

September 9th, 2015, 12:59 PM
carmenah's Avatar Super Mommy
Hmmm. Okay, this is helpful, thank you.
I'll wait and see what happens. I'm anxious to get my stash going, because I will be traveling before he's six weeks so I need him to get on a bottle so that his dad or others can feed him too. I have read that I should breastfeed exclusively for awhile, but I'll need to move up the timeline to get him used to both the breast & bottle.
September 9th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just be careful how soon you offer the bottle because then you will be dealing with nipple confusion. Then when you need him to take a bottle, I've heard it works better when you are not in the room.

September 9th, 2015, 03:24 PM
2015 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
carmenah, I had a cs the only thing i did different was eat one bowl of oatmeal a day, milk came in on day 3 like normal.. I make the no bake lactation bites recipe i posted...
carmenah likes this.

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
September 9th, 2015, 04:08 PM
PixieSweets's Avatar Super Mommy
Not sure about the milk production. It seems I am already producing it and I haven't even gone into labor. I embarrassingly sprayed myself the other day by accident when I was examining my breasts cause it felt like they were leaking >.<

September 10th, 2015, 09:00 AM
Expecting #2
I have heard that csection moms might get their milk in a little later, but that probably isn't true for all women. I would try to nurse on demand and nurse as much as possible. If you aren't seeing any weight gain, then maybe look at some options to increase your supply.

I nursed and pumped the first year, but after 6 months I pumped exclusively because DD refused to nurse anymore. I had supply problems and I am fairly certain I read and tried everything to boost my supply. The last 6 months was tough, but there is so much out there to help produce more if you are pumping. Gatorade, oatmeal, and fenugreek were my go tos and then I added one Guinness every night and that did the trick for me. Mother's milk tea works for some, but I found I had to drink like 8 cups a day to notice a difference and I could get the same results from taking fenugreek and drinking gatorade so I did that instead.
carmenah likes this.

September 15th, 2017, 01:37 PM
Healthy nursing tea was the great help which boosted mysupply from one oz to 5 oz per session. Also, water intake helps.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search