What are you drinking?

Forum: October 2015 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By ~*~Tracy~*~
  • 1 Post By Spottts
  • 1 Post By amanda.bee83
  • 2 Post By Sarah7181
  • 1 Post By taatie10
  • 1 Post By mrs.ceebee.0915
  • 1 Post By SierraWinter
  • 1 Post By angelinal09
  • 1 Post By Sylvera
  • 1 Post By amanda.bee83
  • 2 Post By Sarah7181
  • 1 Post By ASoldiersLuckyCharm
  • 1 Post By mrs.ceebee.0915

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2015 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2015, 04:23 PM
mrs.ceebee.0915's Avatar fingers crossed...
So I've been drinking about 90% water for my liquids since my IVF. I know it's the best thing for me to drink, but what else do you ladies drink? Water is getting boring, haha.

I have been getting a weird taste from milk, so for now that is off the table for me. I only drink caffeine free soda like Sprite or Rootbeer or such when I am craving a soda. I have cut coffee out almost completely and get a hot chocolate in its place if I want something hot to drink. I have heard fruit juices are too high in sugar and I don't really drink them much as is. I am just getting a little bored with plain ol' water and wondering what else you ladies drink that is okay to have during pregnancy?

ttc and start our family since august 2011 <3

and now we are 3.

hoping for a little as we gear up to cycle in Feb/March 2017!
February 14th, 2015, 05:51 PM
~*~Tracy~*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I usually have a pepsi or a coke as my treat and water the rest of the days. Another thing I like on a more regular basis (once a day) is a glass of the Ocean Spray Cranberry Grape (the 100% juice blend one) that's 3/4 juice and 1/4 club soda.
mrs.ceebee.0915 likes this.

Tracy, Mom to 4 amazing boys!!

February 14th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm mostly drinking water. When I start getting bored with that I add a Crystal Light packet. It has artificial sweetner.

I know people add lemon to water or cucumbers but I don't care for the flavor of either of those.

Sept. 2013 3/10/15
February 14th, 2015, 07:20 PM
amanda.bee83's Avatar First time Mommy!
I've been a pretty strict water drinker for years now. I rarely drink anything else except maybe the occasional coffee (which I will quit) and a glass of milk.

February 14th, 2015, 07:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I mostly just drink water. However, if it's tasting funny or were out somewhere, I will have unsweetened tea. I really don't like the taste of sweet tea, I could care less about the sugar. When I'm feeling sick, and having trouble eating, I get good ice (yes I'm picky) and then put apple juice and sip it thru a straw. It has to be exactly like that or it doesn't make me feel better. Lol! I do think my hubby has spoiled me rotten... I prefer sonic ice, but grocery store ice will do in a pinch.
mrs.ceebee.0915 and Spottts like this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 14th, 2015, 08:22 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
I normally drink water, but do like my unsweet Iced Tea, and coffee.

I have dropped coffee already since it doesnt even taste good now. I'm very lucky, that I dont have to wean off coffee not that I'm a caffeine junky but I like my coffee in the mornings.
But I've been drinking ginger ale to help with the nauseous feeling. Other than that just water.

Thank you for the amazing siggy *Kiliki*

February 14th, 2015, 08:39 PM
Tracy - The mix of juice and club soda sounds good for a change up treat. I will have to try it.

Spottts - I'm not crazy abot the infused waters anyways , esp not lemon. I always have to try to remember to ask for water without lemon at restaurants as a lot of them seem to do it as the norm now.

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies, I had forgotten about tea too. I am not a fan of unsweetened but have been trying to wean off super sweet tea, but I can water down my sweet tea for less sugar and caffeine and still a drink I like. I will have to go get me some tea! I don't mind drinking the water and I drink it often already. Just how much water I seem to go through I like a little variety at meals. But I have a few things to try, so thanks for the help!
Spottts likes this.

and now we are 3.

February 14th, 2015, 10:16 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mostly a water drinker here. I do one cup of cold brewed coffee, which I'm sure I'll cut out when morning sickness comes in full swing (coffee totally grossed me out with my last pregnancy). Sometimes I'll have a cup of coconut water. That's about it.
February 15th, 2015, 04:29 AM
angelinal09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually drink water and coffee but I am currently dying of morning sickness so it's been Gatorade lately (which is obviously doing nothing to quench my thirst).

February 15th, 2015, 05:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am a big-time tea drinker, so I usually drink that (though I've mostly switched to decaf/caffeine-free) and water. I might have half a can of pop once in a while if I really need the flavour, but I am also trying to stick to pop with no caffeine (Sprite, root beer, etc.).
I normally drink about two cups of coffee a day, but I've axed it for now. I might start having some decaf, though, or reintroduce it later.
A little bit of caffeine is no huge deal, but I think I was drinking too much during my last pregnancy. I would have a cup of coffee and a cup of tea each day, and my son was doing cartwheels in there I am hoping that if I tone it down this time, I won't wake up to find him/her kickboxing my ribs at 4AM quite so often.
Nathan George, our rainbow, arrived @38 weeks (10/8/2015)
Tentatively expecting our THIRD child June 2018!

February 15th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Hahahaha, I love that imagery of "kickboxing your ribs".

I used to be a big coffee drinker (well big to me) with about 2-3 cups in the morning and a soda at lunch. I weaned off the soda about a year ago and now have it as a treat but hardly ever finish it. Coffee I had gotten doe to about 1 cup a day/5x a week back in Octover. By Christmas time I was down to coffee about 2-3x a week. And by my IVF I had it only about 1-2x a week and more for the flavor than the need. Since the IVF i have had the smallest cup only in mornings I really needed it (like on our long drive home and I was driving first), but have probably only had it twice since then. Im okay without it for now but when my work picks up in the mornings we will see if I'm itching for it again! Fx I can hold out or that a small cup is enough for me.

and now we are 3.

February 15th, 2015, 09:36 AM
amanda.bee83's Avatar First time Mommy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah7181 View Post
I mostly just drink water. However, if it's tasting funny or were out somewhere, I will have unsweetened tea. I really don't like the taste of sweet tea, I could care less about the sugar. When I'm feeling sick, and having trouble eating, I get good ice (yes I'm picky) and then put apple juice and sip it thru a straw. It has to be exactly like that or it doesn't make me feel better. Lol! I do think my hubby has spoiled me rotten... I prefer sonic ice, but grocery store ice will do in a pinch.
LOL! I'm the same way about my water. It has to be just right or I won't like it. Hubby fixed this for me by getting me one of those Brita filter bottles so I can pour my restaurant water in that and filter out most of the swimming pool taste. At home I put the tap water through a Pur pitcher before pouring it into the Brita bottle, and double filter it. And there's only a few brands of bottled water I'll drink, happily.

Water snob and unashamed!
Spottts likes this.

February 15th, 2015, 12:27 PM
Veteran
I'm drinking purified water like always. I sometimes drink organic green tea. I can still tolerate skim milk and Kefir but not sure how long that will last because the Kefir tasted off to me a few days ago. I try to change up and drink Lacroix sparkling water but with all of this bloating I'm not sure if such strong carbonation is wise. I did however sneak a root beer in yesterday and it was so delicious!! Can't do that much don't need to encourage my blood sugar to go out of wack!
February 15th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda.bee83 View Post
LOL! I'm the same way about my water. It has to be just right or I won't like it. Hubby fixed this for me by getting me one of those Brita filter bottles so I can pour my restaurant water in that and filter out most of the swimming pool taste. At home I put the tap water through a Pur pitcher before pouring it into the Brita bottle, and double filter it. And there's only a few brands of bottled water I'll drink, happily.

Water snob and unashamed!
When I was pregnant with my second, I complained that I wasn't drinking enough water because those cases of water were too heavy to be lugging home from the store. The very next morning at 8 am the doorbell rang... lol the Ozarks guy was delivering an office water dispenser with big ok jugs of water! Lol he's had the water delivered that way ever since. I've learned to watch what I complain about.
Spottts and Sylvera like this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 15th, 2015, 02:01 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.ceebee.0915 View Post
Hahahaha, I love that imagery of "kickboxing your ribs".

I used to be a big coffee drinker (well big to me) with about 2-3 cups in the morning and a soda at lunch. I weaned off the soda about a year ago and now have it as a treat but hardly ever finish it. Coffee I had gotten doe to about 1 cup a day/5x a week back in Octover. By Christmas time I was down to coffee about 2-3x a week. And by my IVF I had it only about 1-2x a week and more for the flavor than the need. Since the IVF i have had the smallest cup only in mornings I really needed it (like on our long drive home and I was driving first), but have probably only had it twice since then. Im okay without it for now but when my work picks up in the mornings we will see if I'm itching for it again! Fx I can hold out or that a small cup is enough for me.
Cutting back on coffee before getting preggers is smart! I use to drink insane amounts of coffee....then got pregnant with DD and coffee made me want to puke. So I went from tons of coffee to none and had nasty caffeine headaches on top of morning sickness
February 15th, 2015, 02:19 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
I'm trying to limit my starbucks and mostly drink water but it is boring. Nothing seems to satisfied my thirst. Oh on R44 Cherrylimeaids. Yummy!

We are two of a kind working on a full house

February 15th, 2015, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraWinter View Post
Cutting back on coffee before getting preggers is smart! I use to drink insane amounts of coffee....then got pregnant with DD and coffee made me want to puke. So I went from tons of coffee to none and had nasty caffeine headaches on top of morning sickness

I was warned by a friend to do this early if possible. My work cuts back in the winter, so not as many early mornings. I just thought it was the best time to "try" to cut back, and thankfully I was able to. I do still miss my coffee in the mornings, but for now it is not a big deal. I definitely got some bad caffeine headaches when I tried stopping cold turkey a few years ago, so I am glad I was able to wean myself off of it this time.
SierraWinter likes this.

and now we are 3.

February 16th, 2015, 05:58 AM
lauriebeth's Avatar Mommy to Riley & Caroline
I drink a lot of club soda with a splash of juice, lemonade, or Sprite.

Mommy to Riley (3/23/10) & Caroline (3/11/12); wife to David (12/16/06).
June 15th, 2017, 09:06 AM
plain water. I never drink tap water for the very reasons that you've posted too much contamination. I don't drink water from plastic bottles either because of the ingredients in plastic that can mimic estrogens. I drink only bottled water from glass bottles. Also I'm to going to get cozzy RO system When it comes to my health I am not going to compromise.

Last edited by stream26; June 21st, 2017 at 05:15 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search